Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Once again, President Tariff has an issue with what exactly a tariff is:

https://www.axios.com/trump-falsely-claims-tariffs-force-china-pay-goods-sent-us-e667e92c-2e78-4229-9231-296717d64b51.html

President Trump, who has deemed himself "a Tariff Man" and made tariffs a centerpiece of his presidential agenda, incorrectly explained how they work during an interview with Fox News' Harris Faulkner.

"We have placed tremendous tariffs on China. When China sends things into America now, they're paying 25% interest on everything they send in."

Reality check: Tariffs are a tax paid by importers — not by exporters. For example, if a Chinese manufacturer charged $10 for a particular product, the American consumer or business purchasing it would have to pay $10 to the seller and an additional $2.50 to the U.S. government (assuming the tariff was 25%). This is not the first time that Trump has incorrectly suggested that revenue from tariffs comes from foreign countries.

And, oh yeah, Congress has a slush fund.  Now, sure, we can debate about the semantics of that statement, but in his view, I'm not so sure that particular slush fund exists:

https://www.axios.com/trump-uses-congress-excuse-campaign-finance-violations-7db48f01-9ab9-480b-96be-f39a9d7d1cf2.html

President Trump doubled down on the claim that he's not responsible for campaign finance violations by Michael Cohen on Fox News Thursday, saying that investigators should be looking at Congress' "slush fund" for campaign violations instead.

"Michael Cohen [pleaded] guilty to something that's not even a crime. … Nobody except for me would be looked at like this. Nobody. What about Congress? The slush fund. Millions and millions of dollars paid out each year. They have a slush fund. Millions. They don't talk about campaign finance anything. Have you ever heard about campaign finance laws? Have they listed that on the campaign finance sheets? No."

— Trump said in an interview with Fox News Channel’s "Outnumbered Overtime" with Harris Faulkner

Between the lines: This is a similar defense mechanism we’ve seen Trump use time and time again, such as directing the FBI to investigate Hillary Clinton after the 2016 election.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

"A former staffer on The Apprentice and current stand-up comic named Noel Casler claims that Donald Trump was a “speed freak” who snorted crushed-up Adderall, and also says that Trump invited teen beauty pageant contestants up to his suite...."

"McDonald’s, chocolate ice cream, and girls that look like Ivanka are all he ever eats."

Link

Not sure how reliable this is, but it sounds about right.  Either way I expect a response from Donny since he can't seem to stop himself from reacting to even the most inane shit.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

"A former staffer on The Apprentice and current stand-up comic named Noel Casler claims that Donald Trump was a “speed freak” who snorted crushed-up Adderall, and also says that Trump invited teen beauty pageant contestants up to his suite...."

"McDonald’s, chocolate ice cream, and girls that look like Ivanka are all he ever eats."

Link

Not sure how reliable this is, but it sounds about right.  Either way I expect a response from Donny since he can't seem to stop himself from reacting to even the most inane shit.

this seems like moderately entertaining bullshit, but there is some background for it

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

anyone know what "crazed" mika said?

Two things jump out at me about Trump tweeting that.  

1. Trump is drawing more attention to the fact that he and his administration are still covering for Arab Muslim dictators.  

2. Trump is saying you can’t use homophobic slurs.  

These are not thoughts that Trump should be putting in the heads of Trumpkins, for it will leave them confused. 

I would think if he had had a teenager up to his room at some point, that would have come out already.  Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely see him doing something that shitty.  I just don't get why it hasn't been revealed.  

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

By 1 in a 1,000,000 chance if you click that link then scroll up a dozen pages,  you'll see Paul Manafort and Roger Stone.

Jesus.  Now I'm reading the article and they are mentioning Jean-Marie Le Pen (dad of Marine), and how they are able to get his lobbyist excited about representing neo Nazis. 

That article is from 26 years ago.  

d9f0bc17-e92a-444b-a45f-272872a2249c_scr

fucking nazis.  nothing ever changes.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Two things jump out at me about Trump tweeting that.  

1. Trump is drawing more attention to the fact that he and his administration are still covering for Arab Muslim dictators.  

2. Trump is saying you can’t use homophobic slurs.  

These are not thoughts that Trump should be putting in the heads of Trumpkins, for it will leave them confused. 

well, let's take it into analysis for a moment.

he's putting two separate thoughts into essentially one (two, in this case) tweet. That grennell tweet should stand alone, and actually, you know, explain what the fuck he is taking on. he never even explains it's about palestinian/israeli politics. 

it's the incompleteness of thought that is the main takeaway here. he simply cannot communicate effectively. he's lost it.

4 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Of the college educated people that still approve DJT, I want to know what percent read his tweets.  It seems like it would be virtually impossible to read this stuff and think anything positive about him.  That he's smart, or honest, or a clear communicator, or focused on the right things.  Seems like you would have to wholly insulate yourself from learning anything about him in order to still support him.

Does he piss off libs and give the rich handouts?  That’s all that concerns them.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I would think if he had had a teenager up to his room at some point, that would have come out already.  Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely see him doing something that shitty.  I just don't get why it hasn't been revealed.  

To be fair, the guy claims Trump said if they wanted to win they could visit his Penthouse, it doesn't say any accepted the offer.  My guess is they would have been grossed out and Trump would have called in the pros.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

To be fair, the guy claims Trump said if they wanted to win they could visit his Penthouse, it doesn't say any accepted the offer.  My guess is they would have been grossed out and Trump would have called in the pros.

Only time in history that prisoners dilemma that the participants chose the optimal solution  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I feel the same way.  

On the other hand, a lot of those women use those pageants to springboard themselves to a decent/respectable career (not to mention marrying well), and being known for having banged an overweight rich guy whose 30 or 40 years older than you while you were a teenager is not something you’d want to get out.  

With the internet and news cycle being what it is, if it comes out, you can never hide it again.  

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You don't know why a grown woman wouldn't want worldwide attention on her sexual abuse as a teenager? Are you awake? Hello?

Christine Blasey Ford still can't go home and has had to move repeatedly after getting constant death threats.

Hello?

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 9

Here's one way to frame just how mind-boggling it is that Trump's base routinely dismisses any and all of these situations in which Trump & Co are clearly dipping into funds that were earmarked for legitimate use:

Imagine a small town in, oh, BumFuck Kentucky, where the HS band is really good.  They get invited to nationals in Indianapolis.  It's not a long drive, but they need busses, hotels, meals, etc.  They raise money by washing cars, selling candy, etc.  Everybody is pumped.  $18K raised, enough to get them to Nationals and back.

And then they find out the Band Booster Club treasurer pocketed over $1K of those funds to buy new tires for her husband's F150.

How many of those good citizens of BumFuck Kentucky would be likely to say "eh, she talks like we do" and ignore the embezzlement?

Now escalate the argument to the Trump WH and see where we land.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 7