Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

would have assumed they would have laundered it better than they did

i think they thought they didn't need to.  the leader of a successful coup doesn't worry about the rules before he got there.  i don't think it ever occurred to them how stupid they are and how badly they would fuck it all up.

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

There are still 2,500 minors in a detention facility in w. Texas. How long has it been since the courts ordered those kids returned to their parents?

I could be wrong, but I thought they had reunited all but a dozen or so and the ones in Tornillo and other places are older kids that crossed on their own?

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Exactly. Those are the GOP starter kit. He’s done nothing different than any republican President. He talks a big game on Twitter though and his supporters seem to think he’s actually doing the shit he’s claiming credit for. 

Most of his supporters are credulous doofuses. The educated Trumpkins are starting to realize he's actually harming the conservative agenda.

1 hour ago, NBMisha said:

As do assholes and motherfuckers.  Not necessarily the best style.  I myself like the facilitative approach.  

But I'm plenty good with Nancy.

But if it's a woman and she's strong, then she'll be labeled a bitch or cunt. Dudes, not so much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

What they don't understand is that for a lot of us, Donald Trump is at the top of the GOP ticket for the rest of their careers.  I'll be voting as if that were true.

Yeah, I'm never voting for someone who supported Trump.  It is a scarlet letter for the rest of their career.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, I'm not underestimating everything. I knew they were probably capable of most anything. If this is what happened (and it's plausible as hell) I would have assumed they would have laundered it better than they did.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/federal-court-approves-25-million-trump-university-settlement-n845181

The article is from Feb 2018.  The reference would mean he paid the $25 million in January 2017.

Ferdinand Marcos would be jealous of Trump's creativity for corruption.

I'm trying to imagine Ivanka, Junior, and Eric first learning the tricks of the Trump trade. Did daddy teach them with on-going lessons throughout their childhood or did he spring it on them when they stepped into "professional" roles with the organization? I'm kind of leaning toward the former in that (I would hope) it would take time to slowly steep their souls in unscrupulousness.

48 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, sure, this ad says they are Angus, but let's be real:  they probably were horse.  At this point, who really knows?

480441010_e9556523da.jpg

To be Certified Angus you just need some Angus influence and to be Black hided. You get paid better premiums if the kill your cattle as Kosher.

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This would be fucking hilarious.....

"Mr. President, I've done a lot of thinking on this. You've hired me to be your closest confidant and guide you through some of the toughest decisions any person alive has to make. So I'll say it again. The best thing to go with two Jack in the Box monster tacos are two MORE monster tacos."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

This is a fucking travesty.  Just awful.  However, I'll reserve judgment until the autopsy.  I get it, the administration and border culture it instills don't deserve much benefit of the doubt, but this appears to be a situation with a lot of moving parts.  Little girl hadn't eaten in days.  Terrible situation all around.  

35 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

To be Certified Angus you just need some Angus influence and to be Black hided. You get paid better premiums if the kill your cattle as Kosher.

Or you could just have a bunch of labels made and send it mail order. But that would be a scam...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I would think if he had had a teenager up to his room at some point, that would have come out already.  Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely see him doing something that shitty.  I just don't get why it hasn't been revealed.  

I'm probably a little late to the game on this conclusion, but I just put two and two together regarding the deal Justice cut with The National Enquirer.  Didn't we hear back in July or August that an entire safe filled with things damaging to Trump was missing from David Pecker's office?  I would venture to say that it's in the hands of Mueller by now.

Wonder what other secrets we'll be learning about in the coming weeks.

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This admin careens from comedy (Chris Christie and Kushner as COS) to tragedy (cruelty to brown kids) with mind-boggling ease. It’s incredible.

2.jpg

Soccer balls for the imprisoned kids!

Gee, the Americans are swell!

5839264524_e0f8ca61ae.jpg

They always mean well, so they're okay!

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The middle two are going to be struck down by the courts in due time.  Even his stacked courts.

Tax breaks like opportunity zones will be grandfathered in at worst.  That’s where huge savings are.  That ship has sailed.  

The fleecing of ‘Murica

20 hours ago, ADHD said:

Who raised Donald Trump?

He's not just an overflowing shitbasket as a businessman, father and president etc, he's like the worst fucking person in American history.

The WORST.

I was married to a working class Englishwoman from the north of that country. She was and is extremely tough and kinda rough on our kids. Not physically abusive, but not very good at showing love either. Now if you go farther north, you get to Scotland, and those women are like exaggerated versions of her. And then if you go west of Scotland, you hit some moss-covered rocks with a few stone cottages on them where the people still speak Gaelic. That is the world Donald's mum came from -- I think I read that English was her second language. They are extremely Calvinist and stern. Not what you would call warm people. They are exaggerations of the Scots, who are exaggerations of my northern English ex. I can easily imagine Donald's mum smacking his hand every time she caught him touching his wee binkie as a toddler. I imagine he got heaps of criticism and very little praise from her. That's just the way those people tick. They are hard-wired to be pessimists.

TL;dr -- The media seems to focus a little too much on his daddy complex, and it's easy to do, because he was a German slumlord who looked like Krampus. I'm betting his mother fucked him up just as bad.

19 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Nothing has been normal since noon on 1/20/17.

In the immortal words of Swam (or was it CLH?), is it on like Donkey Kong yet?

16 hours ago, elfenix said:

when your wife buys a new purse with the money she saved by buying 6 pairs of shoes

"But, honey, they were on sale!"

8 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm trying to imagine Ivanka, Junior, and Eric first learning the tricks of the Trump trade. Did daddy teach them with on-going lessons throughout their childhood or did he spring it on them when they stepped into "professional" roles with the organization? I'm kind of leaning toward the former in that (I would hope) it would take time to slowly steep their souls in unscrupulousness.

Only Donald is proud of them:

10 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

tax cuts

deregulation

lack of enforcement of whatever regs and taxes are left

Gorsuch, who will rule with the moneyed every single time.

This.  Global economy and trade-wars notwithstanding, Trump appeals to pure capitalists that think every problem would be solved with by zero taxes, no rules/oversight and a truly free market.  He's giving those people a lot of what they want.  I know a lot of people like this and most still support Trump, but its getting increasingly uncomfortable for them to do so.  The cognitive dissonance they are feeling is related to their untested trust and belief in pure-capitalism to treat all ills.

Edited by Goredho

Is anyone keeping a master list on Trump phobias? Things that are rumored to literally frighten Trump:

Stairs, tripping on them

Spilling water on himself

Reading

Germs

Getting fat (ship has sailed on that one)

Going bald (ditto)

Being poisoned or having his food tampered with