Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fuck yes, let’s rehash the 2016 election again.

Plenty of reasons Hillary lost but ultimately it boils down to a large segment of the American public being incredibly undereducated, non-participatory in democracy, and woefully misinformed. 

Now show me where that’s wrong.

This is my favorite.

Y'all disagreed with us only because you're too stupid to understand our POV.

Not quite, bro...

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

This is my favorite.

Not quite, bro...

Right, and it’s just a coincidence one party intentionally suppresses votes, propagates disinformation and falsehoods, and doesn’t want to fund public education.

Keep on keeping on slorch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

This is my favorite.

Not quite, bro...

I don't think I can ever understand a point of view that leads you to vote for an immoral, corrupt failed businessman for President of the United States. Apparently he said some shit you agree with, and that was good enough for you!

Edited by Bookman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

If you can't back up your opinion with evidence, I'm not the one who looks foolish.

Classic troll move. 

You're the one who made the assertion that Hillary lost the election because she's too far to the right. It's incumbent upon you to back up your assertion with facts, not the person who tells you you're wrong. So let's start with you telling us why it was Hillary's centrism that cost her the election. 

• Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, slorch said:

I know that will be the sentiment on Surly.

I would support virtually any GOP candidate this side of Art Briles over Trump.

Better?

No.  You don’t have to “embrace the left,” or even vote (D) in order to stop being complicit in and supportive of the widespread fraud, unprecedented corruption, abject incompetence and straight up treachery that is taking place.  In order to do that, you have to stop voting for Republicans.  Any Republican.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slorch said:

The left has a duty as well.

Don't trot an extremist like Beto out there and force the choice.  .

Make the candidate a bit more palatable and watch what happens...

Sorry, i said i was done with the evening posting, but there are some on the left equally as fucked up as Trump who are thinking, Now's our chance, they have to vote our way or admit supporting Trump.

I don't want another shit sandwich election.

This is the worst take ever on the surly.  You should feel bad.

Good lord.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

This is my favorite.

Not quite, bro...

We tried to tell you Trumpers how fucking dumb you were and you didn't listen. Now eat that shit sandwich while we fix the shit you idiots messed up.

• Like 4

This is my favorite.

Not quite, bro...

You still haven't given a point by point explanation of what about Beto and his voting record makes him an extremist? I'm waiting. 

After that I'd also like for you to give a point by point explanation of what the actions/voting record of Ted Cruz, McConnell, and Paul Ryan show in detail and what you support them.

After that explain to us exactly why, in great detail, the 2018 tax bill that served up approx 1.7 trillion dollars in deficit spending mostly into the pockets of billionaires was good for a) the citizens of the USA and b) the financial well-being of the USA. 

Finally, explain just how the trade war/tariffs levied by Trump have effected the US economy and the impact looking forward into 2019. 

GIve us detailed explanations on why you would possibly support a political party that conducts itself with these kinds of, in my estimation, reprehensible political actions. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, In10se said:

You still haven't given a point by point explanation of what about Beto and his voting record makes him an extremist? I'm waiting. 

After that I'd also like for you to give a point by point explanation of what the actions/voting record of Ted Cruz, McConnell, and Paul Ryan show in detail and what you support them.

After that explain to us exactly why, in great detail, the 2018 tax bill that served up approx 1.7 trillion dollars in deficit spending mostly into the pockets of billionaires was good for a) the citizens of the USA and b) the financial well-being of the USA. 

Finally, explain just how the trade war/tariffs levied by Trump have effected the US economy and the impact looking forward into 2019. 

GIve us detailed explanations on why you would possibly support a political party that conducts itself with these kinds of, in my estimation, reprehensible political actions. 

The thing you have to understand is her emails 

• Like 3

This is my favorite.

Not quite, bro...

I know this has been beaten to death, but most of the people you are arguing with here aren't the fucking left. But I'm sure this will continued to be ignored. 

Keep in mind, most Republicans have convinced themselves (and a good portion of general public) that universal healthcare is extremist.  We are the only industrialized nation in the world who doesn't have it.  We spend more per capita than any other country on healthcare.  But, somehow, the idea of universal healthcare is extremist.  It's not just that they think it is unwise and that they are against it, they have convinced themselves that it is extremist.

Calling Beto an "extremist" means absolutely nothing.    

• Like 8

What’s extremist is what our president is doing. Only one of what, 3 countries that didn’t sign the Paris accord? Only industrialized nation without UHC. Trying to make coal great again. We are the outlier right now while the rest of the world marches forward. But hurr durr globalists. 

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, In10se said:

Finally, explain just how the trade war/tariffs levied by Trump have effected  affected the US economy and the impact looking forward into 2019. 

BURN!  Ha ha enough with your loser post.

2 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

You’ve been a fucking idiot for a long time and I’m here to remind you. 

Trump told your stupid ass he was smarter than the generals during the primaries but sure, his ignorance of the generals is a total surprise to you. 

I put my life on the line for this country so FUCK your regret. My daughter was born while I was Afghanistan and that very day me and my boys still brought it to those taliban fucks. I’m proud of those sacrifices, but that also means I take the presidency and it’s duty to our nation very seriously. I won’t let you trumpers walk away from your vote with a simple “I won’t vote for him again”. I want you motherfuckers to feel shame. You put a con man and traitor in the office to “own the Libs” so you can not be trusted as far as I’m concerned. As man who has someone fighting for this country you should be beyond the “Left” and “Right” bullshit.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.  I hate that they are being given at a time when your civilian leadership is not worthy of it.  My Christmas wish is that our politicians on the right wake up, say enough is enough and make sacrifices for you for once.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

What’s extremist is what our president is doing. Only one of what, 3 countries that didn’t sign the Paris accord? Only industrialized nation without UHC. Trying to make coal great again. We are the outlier right now while the rest of the world marches forward. But hurr durr globalists. 

See also gun control.  It's "extremist" to suggest that semiautomatic rifles with flash suppression and extended magazines shouldn't be available to the mentally ill.  Now compare to the rest of the modern world. 

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.  I hate that they are being given at a time when your civilian leadership is not worthy of it.  My Christmas wish is that our politicians on the right wake up, say enough is enough and make sacrifices for you for once.

Thank you, it was an honor. I would like to clarify that I’m no longer actively serving, but that doesn’t change how I feel.

32 minutes ago, G650 said:

I know this has been beaten to death, but most of the people you are arguing with here aren't the fucking left. But I'm sure this will continued to be ignored. 

I'd like to reiterate this. 

Nearly a consistent Republican voter here, until Palin and the Tea Party morons gained acceptance and influence. 

Now it's gone from "Yeah, I am not so sure about these people" to "Fuck no, anybody but them."

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Thank you, it was an honor. I would like to clarify that I’m no longer actively serving, but that doesn’t change how I feel.

Didn't catch that in your post, but it doesn't matter.  You've marched in those boots, so to speak, so your opinion about what this means for our military personnel resonates.  Slorch's does, too.  I can understand and forgive someone voting for Trump exactly once, but I can also someone like yourself who would be more directly impacted by recent events not being so nice about it.

Here's to a day when this is all just a "wtf just happened in America?" memory.

• Like 1

Robert Reich:This morning I phoned my friend, the former Republican member of Congress
ME: So, what are you hearing? 

HE: Trump is in deep sh*t. 

ME: Tell me more. 

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment. 

ME: Impeachment? No chance. Senate Republicans would never go along. 

HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession. 

ME: But the base loves him. 

HE: Yeah, but the base doesn’t pay the bills. 

ME: You mean … 

HE: Follow the money, friend. 

ME: The GOP’s backers have had enough? 

HE: They wanted Pence all along. 

ME: So … 

HE: So they’ll wait until Mueller’s report, which will skewer Trump. Pelosi will wait, too. Then after the Mueller bombshell, she’ll get 20, 30, maybe even 40 Republicans to join in an impeachment resolution. 

ME: And then? 

HE: Senate Republicans hope that’ll be enough -- that Trump will pull a Nixon. 

ME: So you think he’ll resign? 

HE (laughing): No chance. He’s fu*king out of his mind. He’ll rile up his base into a fever. Rallies around the country. Tweet storms. Hannity. Oh, it’s gonna be ugly. He’ll convince himself he’ll survive. 

ME: And then? 

HE: That’s when Senate Republicans pull the trigger. 

ME: Really? Two-thirds of the Senate? 

HE: Do the math. 47 Dems will be on board, so you need 19 Republicans. I can name almost that many who are already there. Won’t be hard to find the votes. 

ME: But it will take months. And the country will be put through a ringer. 

HE: I know. That’s the worst part. 

ME: I mean, we could have civil war. 

HE: Hell, no. That’s what he wants, but no chance. His approvals will be in the cellar. America will be glad to get rid of him. 

ME: I hope you're right. 

HE: He’s a dangerous menace. He’ll be gone. And then he'll be indicted, and Pence will pardon him. But the state investigations may put him in the clinker. Good riddance.' 

Me: Thanks

He: You bet.
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
Trump is the most extremist president this country has ever seen but that Beto guy is dangerous 

Don't besmirch the good name extremists by mixing them up with donald. At least extremists stand for something

Trump is the most extremist just from a policy perspective alone.  Muslim ban, transgender ban, Border Wall, kidnapping kids from their parents, trade wars, firing non-loyalists. 

Add on top of that falling in love with evil tyrants and betraying our allies.

Yeah, he’s so far off the reservation, he’s not even an American any more. 

• Like 1