Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

They will get paid when the shutdown ends like they always do.

False. If they miss a day, for ANY reason, they don’t get paid.
You’re a fuckstick.
I think only the "essentials" who ACTUALLY have to work get retro pay. Lots of "non-essential" employees have to sit out the shutdown and don't traditionally get pay.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Let’s just say working in the oil and gas industry the last few years makes one jaded to all the “hardships” government workers have had to endure for (checks notes)... yeah 10 days.

I’ve worked in O&G for fifteen years now. It hasn’t jaded me toother workers getting fucked in their various industries. 

It’s only hardened me to the fact that O&G is one the shittiest industries to work in.

I sympathize with workers repeatedly getting fucked over primarily because I work in O&G. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You are correct.  Also, consider the hypothetical:

Shutdown has lasted a week.  You take a sick day or two.  Shutdown goes into second week.  You are scheduled to work...but, because you took off those sick days...you just don't come back to work when you feel like it.  You are off work until the shutdown ends...and you essentially took a non-paid vacation for that time.

Also, this.  You have scheduled vacation prior to the shutdown.  Shutdown occurs...you lost that vacation.  Here's an ABC article about an air traffic controller in that situation.

That's not necessarily true, at least not for my agency.  I've had vacation scheduled from Dec 22 through Jan 7th since way back in the summer.  I'm essential but I wasn't about to let this shit head ruin my vacation and all I would have done is just sat at my desk surfing the web anyway since I couldn't really do my job since my shifts are already covered. I asked if not reporting to work on the 26th meant I'd have to sit out until the shutdown ended and was told it was just a matter of a little paperwork to move me into furlough status for the days of my scheduled vacation, then put me back into essential status afterward.  Of course, this means I run the risk of not getting paid for the duration I'm not at work, and with this fucker it would not surprise me one bit if that happens. 

Trump constantly shifts blame and attention. Throwing nearly a million people out of work and inconveniencing the people they serve is a small price to pay to distract from his Secretary of Defense resigning (b/c Trump acts more favorably towards authoritarians than allies) and the start of actual congressional oversight.

Also, of course the troll thinks truth and comedy don't go together. 

Ever heard the expression: "The greatest truths are said in jest" or "It's funny because it's true?" Satire is high comedy and it's based in truth. Its power lies in its ability to reveal essential truths about our existence. 

Chrispy probably gets off on low comedy. Racist jokes and bathroom humor. No thinking involved. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bookman said:

For all the Trumpkins on here, I have a suggested New Year's Resolution -- from here on out, you resolve to not vote for incompetent, immoral, corrupt, fat failed businessmen.

But how will I own the libs if I don't support the destruction of American institutions? I'm a conservative!

• Like 3

@Fudge Nuggets Your overnight contributions to this thread are nonsense. Forcing essential workers to work while simultaneously indefinitely delaying the issue of payment for work rendered is something I've never heard of in the private sector. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Also, of course the troll thinks truth and comedy don't go together. 

Ever heard the expression: "The greatest truths are said in jest" or "It's funny because it's true?" Satire is high comedy and it's based in truth. Its power lies in its ability to reveal essential truths about our existence. 

Chrispy probably gets off on low comedy. Racist jokes and bathroom humor. No thinking involved. 

Yes, there’s never exaggeration in humor. I understand this thread is purely here for cathartic purposes, but try taking the stick out of your asses once in a while. There’s no reason to be this miserable. 

Also, farting will never not be funny. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Wait, I thought it was "steel slats".

Steel-Slats.jpeg?YEvw3uQYTH72Ca4t.shDHzt

https://www.foxnews.com/us/a-border-wall-by-any-other-name-is-steel-slats

"The Democrats, are saying loud and clear that they do not want to build a Concrete Wall - but we are not building a Concrete Wall, we are building artistically designed steel slats, so that you can easily see through it," he tweeted Tuesday.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

@Fudge Nuggets Your overnight contributions to this thread are nonsense. Forcing essential workers to work while simultaneously indefinitely delaying the issue of payment for work rendered is something I've never heard of in the private sector. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. 

I know very few people in O&G, but the surly O&G contingent’s contributions have me wondering what % of that industry are mouthbreathing morons?

I watched some of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 last night and I'd forgotten just how bananas the media was in covering Hillary's fucking dumb e-mails. The movie had a clip with her and Charlie Rose where Rose referred to the scandal as "the e-mail crisis." He also grilled her to explain why the e-mail "crisis" was not disqualifying.

"Crisis." "Disqualifying." The e-mail scandal. Excuse me but I need just a moment.

tenor.gif?itemid=6124802

In hindsight and after 2 years of Trump, it is beyond insane how the media handled the shit.

• Like 3

It wasn't just the media, though - that was a self-inflicted problem, a comedy of errors that she allowed to spin out of control due to a combination of hubris, paranoia and her shocking ineptitude both as a politician and managing executive. Hillary Clinton did everything she could have done to make the email story seem as bad as possible. And as it turned out, it was disqualifying. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Was that the sequel to Fahrenheit 9/11?

Kind of like a spiritual sequel. It didn't have anything to do with Bush and Iraq. It's about how Trump got elected (on November 9, 2016) and the aftermath. I only watched maybe the first 15 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It wasn't just the media, though - that was a self-inflicted problem, a comedy of errors that she allowed to spin out of control due to a combination of hubris, paranoia and her shocking ineptitude as a politician. Hillary Clinton did everything she could have done to make the email story seem as bad as possible. And as it turned out, it was disqualifying. 

That seems a little extreme. How should she have handled it? What could she have done to minimize the outrage from a public that had been exposed to assaults on her character for a quarter century? I know people who still won't acknowledge that the Clintons didn't have Vince Foster killed. What would've countered that prejudice?

• Like 2

For all the Trumpkins on here, I have a suggested New Year's Resolution -- from here on out, you resolve to not vote for incompetent, immoral, corrupt, fat failed businessmen.

If they make that resolution, it will be like all other New Year’s Resolutions and last a couple weeks and then they’ll be back to their old selfs.

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That seems a little extreme. How should she have handled it? What could she have done to minimize the outrage from a public that had been exposed to assaults on her character for a quarter century? I know people who still won't acknowledge that the Clintons didn't have Vince Foster killed. What would've countered that prejudice?

Hold on a second - I don't want to fully cover the details of the substance of the email scandal, but it's important to remember that she did something illegal and tragicomically stupid for no good reason other than a combination of 

a) A long term aversion to transparency and indifference to common, basic standards covered in every required training at every level of government and 

b) An unwillingness to learn to use current technology tools or carry two devices for business and personal use. It's idiotic. 

That's completely different than a deranged and cruel conspiracy theory. A reasonable person would never buy into the Vince Foster BS. A reasonable person can and should question Clinton's ethics and even basic competence on the basis of the truth with regard to the email fiasco. 

So there's two ways she could have handled it. The more difficult way would be to own it and demonstrate authentic personal and organizational accountability, but the best way would be for it to have never happened.
The real problem with the email story wasn't the emails, you know. The real problem was that it was like a parable that illustrated every shortcoming that dogged her career. The sloppiness, the allergy to transparency, the double standards, the incompetence, the tin ear, the lack of accountibility, the inauthenticity, the incapacity to manage   a team, the uninentional errors - it's all there.  So the reason the email story blew up the way it did was that it fit the myth. We knew the story before we even heard it. Not because of the right wing media, but because of the subject matter she willingly and enthusiastically provides them.

• Like 6

By the way - I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I have, but everyone should read the politico story I linked above. Not only is it great reporting, but it's hilarious. 

State Department officials presented Clinton’s team with a memo on January 24, 2009, outlining various options, suggesting if Clinton wanted to check her email, she would have to either physically walk out of her office to use her BlackBerry, or the State Department could set up a dedicated computer for her. Jake Sullivan, a foreign policy expert from the campaign who had grown to become one of Clinton’s most trusted advisors, immediately saw problems with the proposal and echoed Mills’ concern: “Clinton did not know how to use a computer, so the suggestion of a stand-alone computer for Clinton was not an appropriate solution.”