Minneapolis is Burning

F250

8 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Has spanky always been this much of an asshat? I thought he used to be a decent poster, but maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

He's a savant with frequent flier miles but otherwise an unthinking, xenophobic moron afraid of his own shadow. 

You might think that someone with such a well-used passport would have a better understanding of reality and/or the human condition, but he doesn't. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Boogie waited five years on one guy. I think it might have been Clay Travis that said he'd be arrested before five years went by and then when he wasn't he tweeted about it.

That is some long game shit right there.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's like we all live in the same building and the plumbing sucks.

The Status Quo Bozos keep working to elect a co-op president who will spend the money to fix the plumbing. The Burn-it-down bois shout about how the building is poorly managed and the coop board is corrupt and everything is way too expensive and the plumbing sucks, and they get so angry they set the building on fire.

So now we're all standing there, considering our impending homelessness, watching as the building burns. And as the bricks and frame structure of of the building falls away, it breaks a still functional, pressurized pipe, spraying water into a void where a toilet used to be. And one of the Status Quo Bozos points out the broken pipe spraying amidst the flames and says:

"All I can say is congratulations to @Anastasis, @maninblack, and all the burn it down bois. You’ve really got to be thrilled with how this is going."

And one of the burn it down bois says, triumphantly
"I understand it makes some of the Status Quo Bozos a little uncomfortable to see the reality of the plumbing in this building laid out in front of them."

What I get out of this analogy of lost buildings and plumbing is that I need to take a shit on the stack of Anastasis' belongings piled up in the street.

I'm good with that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Obama will address the nation today at 4pm - Trump is going to lose his shit.  Tweets incoming.

I would really, really, really like it if W spoke with him.  Or, at the very least, if he spoke with W and got his permission to read some of W's statement aloud as part of his remarks.

Because what Bozo said.  We are a country desperately in need of a president, any president....and we flat-out don't have one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mapache said:

This is pretty damn messed up

I mean.....no hyperbole....it really is perhaps the most un-American thing I've ever seen.

Sweet Jesus, the members of the American bar need to be cranking out Section 1983 Complaints to be filed in Federal courts all over the country.  The dockets need to be utterly clogged with this shit.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I know there are all kinds of groups out there causing issues, but the narrative that there is only evidence of "right wing" groups is not correct.  

Come on now.  We have all seen the videos of skinny rolled up jeans hipsters with long hair encouraging black guys to start some shit.  You also going to tell me with a straight face that skater dudes busting windows are part of right wing extremist groups?    

Don't get me wrong I am sure there are right wing nuts out there causing shit as well.  

This is the part that really bothers me.  It feels like this is turning into a proxy war for extreme right and extreme left groups.  They're both manipulating a highly emotional and highly volatile situation to get the photo ops that further their own propaganda.  I've given up saying that anything that happens in this country is "surreal" anymore.  I think we passed that milepost about three years ago.  But it's pretty fucked up that there are so many different types of opportunists who are all too happy to profit from these events.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

What cop has attacked you? 

Does it have to happen to me to matter?

I had a friend who was shot 6 times by a cop for being black while driving a nice car.  

So fuck you, you racist ignorant piece of shit.  

Edited by Chad Fuck

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Finally. I really don't like the idea of Ex-presidents doing this because we have one president at a time. But right now, in this crisis, we don't have a president and we need one. 

Trump will do it almost daily. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's like we all live in the same building and the plumbing sucks.

The Status Quo Bozos keep working to elect a co-op president who will spend the money to fix the plumbing. The Burn-it-down bois shout about how the building is poorly managed and the coop board is corrupt and everything is way too expensive and the plumbing sucks, and they get so angry they set the building on fire.

So now we're all standing there, considering our impending homelessness, watching as the building burns. And as the bricks and frame structure of of the building falls away, it breaks a still functional, pressurized pipe, spraying water into a void where a toilet used to be. And one of the Status Quo Bozos points out the broken pipe spraying amidst the flames and says:

"All I can say is congratulations to @Anastasis, @maninblack, and all the burn it down bois. You’ve really got to be thrilled with how this is going."

And one of the burn it down bois says, triumphantly
"I understand it makes some of the Status Quo Bozos a little uncomfortable to see the reality of the plumbing in this building laid out in front of them."

Over the last decade plus, some of us consistently pointed out the dangers and injustice inherent to the development of a massive police and surveillance state, concentration of power in the executive, congressional abdication of their constitutional responsibilities, a schizophrenic foreign policy, a broken criminal justice system, our dysfunctional political system, and the erosion of liberties on a variety of fronts. The Status Quo Bozos, agreeing in fact with most of these points when pressed on it, have accomplished nothing substantive with regard to any of these issues over successive transfers of power, argued that those people were nut cases and isolationists and, among other things, that components of this system have brought about the greatest period of peace and prosperity in the Western World. They do these things to soothe themselves and to protect themselves from acknowledging the outcomes felt by the rest of the World. That these Bozos now focus their efforts on calling out those people now, as the domestic inevitabilities of the status quo are made clear, is simply deflection.     

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Actually, the rest of the world isn't rioting. It's distressing and saddening that the president's description of the nation's condition remains dominant. A great many demonstrations are peaceful in diverse places around the country and the world.

He should be proud of the order of this demonstration, but they're not as alone in this as he seems to think.

Just now, Anastasis said:

Over the last decade plus, some of us consistently pointed out the dangers and injustice inherent to the development of a massive police and surveillance state, concentration of power in the executive, congressional abdication of their constitutional responsibilities, a schizophrenic foreign policy, a broken criminal justice system, our dysfunctional political system, and the erosion of liberties on a variety of fronts. The Status Quo Bozos, agreeing in fact with most of these points when pressed on it, have accomplished nothing substantive with regard to any of these issues over successive transfers of power, argued that those people were nut cases and isolationists and, among other things, that components of this system have brought about the greatest period of peace and prosperity in the Western World. They do these things to soothe themselves and to protect themselves from acknowledging the outcomes felt by the rest of the World. That these Bozos now focus their efforts on calling out those people now, as the domestic inevitabilities of the status quo are made clear, is simply deflection.     

Or as a Major in the army once famously said, 
Ben%20Tre%20article%20-%20highlighted-8x

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Actually, the rest of the world isn't rioting. It's distressing and saddening that the president's description of the nation's condition remains dominant. A great many demonstrations are peaceful in diverse places around the country and the world.

He should be proud of the order of this demonstration, but they're not as alone in this as he seems to think.

They're not.  In fact, the following correlation is going to be pretty strong:

In communities where law enforcement is in close communication and working with the protesters, things have been less violent/destructive.

In communities where law enforcement was more confrontational and tried to quash demonstrations, things have been more violent/destructive.

In fact, in the first sort of community, the police and protesters are even working together effectively on stopping rioters and looters.

Interesting.

• Like 2

Where is this all leading?

The republic's festering wound is now obvious to all, and dramatic law enforcement reform that can only occur through federal action is undeniably necessary. Of course it will not happen under Trump, and is probably a long shot under Biden (though minor reform is likely).

But where do y'all see this heading in the short-term? Will people tire of this in days or a couple weeks, like we tire with most things, and demonstrations dwindle to back page level news? Will the consistent escalation from law enforcement keep the energy going into the fall? Til the election? Until we go from crisis to damn near revolution?

47 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I know there are all kinds of groups out there causing issues, but the narrative that there is only evidence of "right wing" groups is not correct.  

Come on now.  We have all seen the videos of skinny rolled up jeans hipsters with long hair encouraging black guys to start some shit.  You also going to tell me with a straight face that skater dudes busting windows are part of right wing extremist groups?    

Don't get me wrong I am sure there are right wing nuts out there causing shit as well.  

You made that narrative up in your mind. Literally nobody else has said that. 

• Like 1

Damn, the spank got fucking owned. 

Go clean yourself off, son. You got mom’s spaghetti sauce all over your shirt. 
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be returning to the DT safe space soon enough. I always wondered why the MAGA push back in CR was limited to 3 or 4 trolls. Now I know.

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Gives me chills. 
Side tangent, but amazing grace might be the most beautiful song. Not only is it musically pleasing, but the history and emotion behind is so deep and ever present. Truly timeless 

I am not a Christian and completely agree. Beautiful song. 

• Like 1

Damn, the spank got fucking owned. 

Go clean yourself off, son. You got mom’s spaghetti sauce all over your shirt. 
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be returning to the DT safe space soon enough. I always wondered why the MAGA push back in CR was limited to 3 or 4 trolls. Now I know.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Did you miss the part where our most stalwart allies in the war against ISIS and al Qa'ida in Mesopotamia were the Kurds (right up until Donald Trump betrayed them to the Syrians and Russians)?

To exactly what religion do you think the Kurds adhere?

Well, a cop chose to become a cop and every day chooses to remain a cop.  So that's a pretty fucking big difference right there.

Honestly, Spanky--when did you become this stupid and/or racist?

Spanky is worse than EMAW.  Spanky has an IQ above room temperature and, at least in the past, demonstrated evidence of being a reasonable, decent member of society.

Now he's just a terrorist in training.  Fuck you, Spanky.

14 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Here's a pretty exhaustive list of all the bad shit cops have been caught doing on camera in the past few days. 

The list is approaching 200 entries and counting... 

Stumbled on one of his tweets showing a young black man with one of his eyes having been blown out.  I don't have good words for this stuff.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We should demand all these things, and more, from our politicians right now.

Let's solve these problems.

This is positive in so many ways, but we, the people, need to push for reform at the local level. As noted above, where the police have worked with their community things progressed in a more positive way. We have to be selective on who we elect to enforce the reforms we want to see in our nation. And this starts at the local level. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Police trap peaceful protesters between two parking garages and then throw flash bangs and pepper spray from above.

ACAB

One of the comments on that thread reflects a thought I've been having. These enveloping moves to trap protesters on bridges or between buildings prior to attacking them seems to be an extension of the military cosplay of the police. These are ambush tactics used against armed enemies whom you want to cut down in great numbers.

We have cosplay all the way to the top where C-in-C Trump retreats to the command bunker where he can pretend that there is a violent threat and give appropriate orders. In his mind and on down the line, apparently, people want to play at fighting terrorists and Antifa and maybe Orcs. 

I'm reminded of an absurd Aggie Corps account of their attack on the UT fans who dared walk on their field after a victory back in the dark days. The report spoke of holding the flank, defending Reveille and, egad!, hearing that the artillery unit was "being overrun" and the mad rush to "relieve" them. Half of my country is going full Aggy imagining that they are real soldiers in a fight against an illusory evil.

That brings us back to the right wing hate engine and what has become the GOP. Their grip begins to fail. They know that no totalitarian regime ever survived by granting more freedom and tolerance.

Something must happen to justify employing the army. Everyday that goes by, we await the next move. Somebody paints Antifa on a van and fills it with explosives. Boom!

The ebil libs are coming to get us just like Rush warned you! Who's down for a Civil War? We can choose between Reveille and Trump to command federal forces. Tough call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

While twitter/reddit/here are good places to find this stuff randomly, I do hope that somebody somewhere is tracking this stuff in a more 'permanent' fashion.  Even a website cataloging it all based on locations and dates would be interesting/helpful maybe.

In an effort to shame them and enact a change in behavior could a PAC identify these assholes by badge number and then run microtargeted campaigns in their hometowns or zips with the still or video clip of them committing attacks on protesters with captions like Joe cop of shittsville fired rubber bullets at peaceful protesters?

Could also do the same for the "good cop" bystanders. Jimmy Cop of shittsville, stood by while his partner indiscriminately pepper sprayed a crowd.

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

This is positive in so many ways, but we, the people, need to push for reform at the local level. As noted above, where the police have worked with their community things progressed in a more positive way. We have to be selective on who we elect to enforce the reforms we want to see in our nation. And this starts at the local level. 

Yep!

Local is where our vote matters and local is where our voice matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....makes it really fucking hard, doesn't it?

Tell us guys, how do we tell the "good cops" from these cops?  Do they wear different colored hats or something?

The good cop becomes more a myth every minute.

• Like 1

This. There's only so much the federal government can realistically do on this issue. I hope to see those things - eliminating funding for police weaponry, DOJ investigation of officer killings, maybe mandate/fund bodycams - accomplished if Democrats take control in November. But ultimately it's a culture issue and that's all local.
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mapache said:

This is pretty damn messed up

This is insane. 

I feel like I am honest to god watching a bad sci-fi movie about the end of America. 

But it’s real. And horrifying. And probably has been happening for decades behind the scenes. Just now we have social media and cameras so the people can see it directly. 

edit:  I’m also worried that videos like this are only circulating in specific social media bubbles. They need to be spread to the masses. I have a feeling even most trump heads would be against something like this. They just don’t see it happening due to who they follow and are friends with. 

I might be overlooking it, but I don’t see videos like this on cnn, abc, fox, etc. 

Edited by Xian
  • Like 1