Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Just for fun, I went to the aggy 247 site to see how many of our 22 commits they offered.  The number's 17.  Of course according them they only really offered a RB, WR, CB and LB, the rest don't count.

Here are the only 5/22 they didn't offer:

• QB Manning - Ostensibly didn't want this 5-star because they were too locked in on Novosad - or they knew they had no chance - or they're stupid
  • H Back Randle - related to above
  • LB Lefau - didn't know about him/nobody in their right mind from Hawaii would go to that cow patty and they know it
  • TE Shannon - no chance at pulling someone from Mater Dei/other priorities
  • LB Burrell - only real head scratcher - had offers from: Florida, FSU, tOSU, ou, USC, etc. 5 SEC teams. Maybe just a miss.
  • Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Just for fun, I went to the aggy 247 site to see how many of our 22 commits they offered.  The number's 17.  Of course according them they only really offered a RB, WR, CB and LB, the rest don't count.

• QB Manning - Ostensibly didn't want this 5-star because they were too locked in on Novosad - or they knew they had no chance - or they're stupid
  • LB Lefau - didn't know about him/nobody in their right mind from Hawaii would go to that cow patty and they know it
  • LB Burrell - only real head scratcher - had offers from: Florida, FSU, tOSU, ou, USC, etc. 5 SEC teams. Maybe just a miss.

Burrell committed early to UT.  Perhaps he never showed any interest and thus, no offer.

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
Phrasing
  • Hook 'Em 1

Unlike a lot of you short-sighted sips I actually give Coach Craig a lot of credit for coming up with new, inventive and meaningful drills for the QBs. In fact I was sent several clips from today's TAMU QB practice and you can clearly see why he's a legendary coach.

Here's the keep your eyes focused downfield drill:

tenor.gif

The gain momentum while running downhill drill

giphy.gif

The pocket presence drill

giphy.gif

The withstanding intense pressure drill

giphy.gif

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Doesn't look like he was with the ones yesterday, which is odd because he started last year as a freshman. From the guy who posted the "qb drill". 

Jimbo's planning on starting a fullback, in the Year of Our Lord, Two Thousand Twenty-Two

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Burrell was the one that was confusing to me. Maybe he doesn't match the needs for their system? or maybe they would rather pull in another diamond in the rough like Kaci Seegars.

22 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Jimbo's planning on starting a fullback, in the Year of Our Lord, Two Thousand Twenty-Two

how are you so brave hasan minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

How else are you going to take the air out of the ball and keep the losses close, ya GD sip?

Also, I draft a FB in the 1st round of fantasy every year.

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Holy fucking shit, the 8-4 killed me

13 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Perhaps put the 8-4 higher so it looks like they can't clear that hurdle or needs to be edited of them tripping over the 8-4

It was a good thought but lacked execution. They should have showed him clearing the 8-4 bar to fire aggy up and start the roller coaster ride. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They do some weird stuff in these QB drills. Wasting their time on dumb shit that will never be used in an actual game. 

These QB drills are the exact image I get when I imagine Craig as a coach. Who needs to practice game applicable movements when you go out there and practice Tim Tebow jump passes. 

He's the pee wee coach that thinks he's cool because he has all these "innovative" drills when everyone is laughing at how dumb they are. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

As if one drill wasn't enough. WTH are they practicing in the bottom QB clip???

I mean they're literally practicing doing the wrong thing. A throw on the run should be made with your normal drive leg (throwing arm side) the last to step and on the ground as you throw, using your normal plant leg as a counterbalance to get velocity on the throw while maintaining accuracy. The only possible utility of that drill I can imagine is if they were rifling the ball to work on pure arm strength. But they're not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The only possible utility of that drill I can imagine is if they were rifling the ball to work on pure arm strength. But they're not. 

Maybe that's as much arm strength as their qb's have and they are rifling it?

• Haha 1