Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Btw there’s 2 teams at 1-5 and the bottom of the sec west, and they play each other next week. 

one just fired its coach, the other owes theirs 85 million more.

ive talked myself into believing that auburn at home can get it done. 

Auburn's D is much better than Florida. 

Auburn just needs to run the ball about 50 times with the RB and QB because their passing game sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Btw there’s 2 teams at 1-5 and the bottom of the sec west, and they play each other next week. 

one just fired its coach, the other owes theirs 85 million more.

ive talked myself into believing that auburn at home can get it done. 

We were at some friends' house to watch the game last night.  Husband is an aggy.  Discussion came around to aggy season and Jimbo.  Guy was talking about how Jimbo better turn it around next season or some big oil and gas guys would pony up some cash to get rid of him.

Asked him how sure he was about that, since the $80M to buy him out next year would be about 4x what the largest buyout in NCAA coaching history is.  

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I know it’s been discussed but they could easily be 1-8 right now. Miami dominated them and Arkansas had the stupid goal line play. In another world I’d love to see how they would be acting with only 1 win this season.

Imagine Jimbo's excuse of "we just dont have the talent" when it's all his talent.

58 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

We were at some friends' house to watch the game last night.  Husband is an aggy.  Discussion came around to aggy season and Jimbo.  Guy was talking about how Jimbo better turn it around next season or some big oil and gas guys would pony up some cash to get rid of him.

Asked him how sure he was about that, since the $80M to buy him out next year would be about 4x what the largest buyout in NCAA coaching history is.  

aggy will attempt to litigate their way out of it. Tennessee gave them a road map. Jimbo is going to get paid, but he’ll never see his full buyout. 

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
Say what you will about the performance - and the second half was pretty rough after such a promising first half (much like the entire team) - but the dude is an absolute warrior. In no way was 13 going to play this week (foot injury, shoulder and a damaged hand) but when Weigman was knocked out with a pretty bad bout of the flu, King stepped up and, to paraphrase, said "If you need me to go, I can go." 

Critique the bottom line and the execution all you want, it's football after all. Just keep in mind that the dude is doing exactly what I've seen so many say they wish they saw from the entire team and program in light of so many players missing so much action of late.

And as for Conner, hell yes the true freshman wanted to play. Probably the toughest week of his young career and that's putting it mildly.

Lots of talk/speculation about being held out, portal and the like but I think we've reached a point in this lost season that just about anything is believable and there's no doubt that Jimbo needs to be on top of and two steps ahead of any and all possibilities - with keeping Conner being Priority 1 and finding an exciting and proven OC 1A - but anything you read having to do with Weigman or his camp not wanting him to play Saturday in order to preserve some kind of redshirt is inaccurate. He and at least one roommate missed Saturday's game (along with a few others) because they were unable to practice all week or play against UF due to being laid up ill. Outside of the 'if anything negative can happen with this team, it will' mode we've clearly entered into this year, I'm fully expecting to see him back on the field making his first SEC road start at Auburn on Saturday. 

Liucci
Staff
AG
I think Conner realizes he's an incredible part of the immediate future in Aggieland but I also think it's common sense in 2022 to understand that there are outside influences that you'll have to fight off to keep gifted young players like him and several who look like future stars in the freshman class. It's tougher to fight that battle for any program that's losing or has lost momentum. I'm just spitting facts here.

And I also think Weigman stays and is the guy who leads the Aggies out of this along with a new OC. It's just not going to happen to the point that everyone breathes a big sigh of relief for another few weeks, unfortunately. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

So juicy.

The Aggies have a cultural and instinctual tendency to anoint new coaches and quarterbacks as the saviors of Aggie football.

That tendency is only second to their tendency to abandon them immediately upon the first sign of adversity.

Edited by Yuk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

aggy will attempt to litigate their way out of it. Tennessee gave them a road map. Jimbo is going to get paid, but he’ll never see his full buyout. 

Well, they have that highly Harvardesque legal genius clause about Jimbo understanding what a big deal this is to the Aggies. 

I'm not kidding. Somebody here posted the screenshot. I just can't find it.

41 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Those comments from Liucci make it sound like Weigman is looking around. What a dumpster fire.

starting tuesday night there was a maelstrom of circlejerk about weigman and the fLOU

this is round 2 preparing the masses for what's already happened

his dad told sharpe to fuck off

he gone

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Outside of Liucci making clear that Weigman might be done, which is legitimate news, he’s also not even trying to spin anything else right now. When the Baghdad Bob of College Station stops spinning, the whole program is on fire. 

We knew that, but it’s pretty hard to believe. He never stops spinning until he’s told of the new hire and then he starts spinning in that direction. I almost sense we’re dealing with … resignation from that asshat right now. Wow. 

It’s one thing to use the “flu” as an excuse for one game, but now they’re traveling. They’re going to have a much more difficult time lying about what’s going on this week. 

Yeah, when you run that post through the Looch propaganda filter, that’s about as negative as it gets. Just unpromptedly saying he thinks Weigman will stay at A&M. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Curious what the QB situation is next year. If weigman leaves. Max johnson stays. King leaves.

Weigman stays both Johnson and king leave. ( and the yet to have a QB committed this year lol )

But would max Johnson leave since he already transferred, wouldn’t he have to sit out a year? So maybe he ends up staying.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s one thing to use the “flu” as an excuse for one game, but now they’re traveling. They’re going to have a much more difficult time lying about what’s going on this week. 

prediction: practice injury on friday *JUST BEFORE* they get on the bus for the charter from IAH, announced based on where they charter to.....

they can control eyes and cameras boarding at IAH but not when they land on friday...

option 1: fly in to AUO, 5400' which is tight for the smallest 737s; the a318 can do it; but an aggy charter is likely unable to land at AUO

option 2: next closest field is CSG, Columbus GA , 40 miles east, with a 7000' strip, but no jetways, so the precise makeup of the traveling squad would be revealed deplaning there

option 3: MGM, Montgomery AL, 63 miles west, 4 jetways; go here and they could hide the makeup of the traveling squad all the way to warmups for 630 kick

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As CTJ pointed out out, this week it’ll get interesting. The flu excuse/home game thing won’t fly when announce the travel squad. 

I think any healthy freshman contributors that aren’t on the travel squad are more than likely sitting out and will portal. 

you really think aggy will actually fess up with a truthful manifest for the charter flight?   everyone will be on the list.

they just won't get on the plane.