Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

22 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

How good of a baseball player is Weigman? If he’s halfway decent he’d be better off sticking to baseball and avoid continuously getting his brains scrambled anyway

Allegedly first round pick good. He unwisely enrolled early at aggy and won't be draft eligible until 2025. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s played in 2 games right?  So even if he plans on portalling he could play in 2 more, auburn and umass, and then jump in the portal before having to face lsu. If they even care about the extra year of eligibility. 

Maintaining his RS is likely inconsequential. He's not staying 4 more years in college.

6 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
Say what you will about the performance - and the second half was pretty rough after such a promising first half (much like the entire team) - but the dude is an absolute warrior. In no way was 13 going to play this week (foot injury, shoulder and a damaged hand) but when Weigman was knocked out with a pretty bad bout of the flu, King stepped up and, to paraphrase, said "If you need me to go, I can go." 

Critique the bottom line and the execution all you want, it's football after all. Just keep in mind that the dude is doing exactly what I've seen so many say they wish they saw from the entire team and program in light of so many players missing so much action of late.

And as for Conner, hell yes the true freshman wanted to play. Probably the toughest week of his young career and that's putting it mildly.

Lots of talk/speculation about being held out, portal and the like but I think we've reached a point in this lost season that just about anything is believable and there's no doubt that Jimbo needs to be on top of and two steps ahead of any and all possibilities - with keeping Conner being Priority 1 and finding an exciting and proven OC 1A - but anything you read having to do with Weigman or his camp not wanting him to play Saturday in order to preserve some kind of redshirt is inaccurate. He and at least one roommate missed Saturday's game (along with a few others) because they were unable to practice all week or play against UF due to being laid up ill. Outside of the 'if anything negative can happen with this team, it will' mode we've clearly entered into this year, I'm fully expecting to see him back on the field making his first SEC road start at Auburn on Saturday. 

Liucci
Staff
AG
I think Conner realizes he's an incredible part of the immediate future in Aggieland but I also think it's common sense in 2022 to understand that there are outside influences that you'll have to fight off to keep gifted young players like him and several who look like future stars in the freshman class. It's tougher to fight that battle for any program that's losing or has lost momentum. I'm just spitting facts here.

And I also think Weigman stays and is the guy who leads the Aggies out of this along with a new OC. It's just not going to happen to the point that everyone breathes a big sigh of relief for another few weeks, unfortunately. 

The immediate future that is currently trending toward finishing last in the division, missing a bowl, and striking out on every top skill player target in recruiting (I know it won’t happen, but they have zero skill commits a little over a month out from nsd), and any subsequent positive momentum to be gained is entirely dependent upon the notoriously imperious hc swallowing his pride, making fairly drastic staff changes, and ceding play-calling duties while somehow managing to keep most of the young talent engaged and on board as every other program in the country does its best to pry them away?

26 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't realize both these teams haven't won since September 24th.  It just means more.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/one-team-will-win-its-first-game-since-september-24th-this-weekend/105239844/

Did you hear the one about the Aggy who lost to Auburn on purpose? They were tanking for draft picks. 

• Haha 1

So I wonder if Weigman’s parents have told Jimbo to fuck off after he clearly yelled at their son, who has a history of concussions, to get back in the game after he took a hard hit where he clearly looked concussed.  As parent, I would be pissed if some country bumpkin interferes with the medical staff doing their job.  We all saw the guy looked out of it and Fisher threw him back in there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

image.png.3e2557590eb241d17ed17a1cae1d7473.png

can someone get this man a 3 ring binder? or fewer sheets of loose paper? or a coach to just hold it, organize it and then give him what he needs when he asks?

this is embarrassing to the coaching profession.

also is he wearing a gold Rolex Day Date? lol let me tell you, if i am making as much as he is, then i am going to wear a much more interesting watch.

edit: it is an 18k day date.

Edited by NoName

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

i thought their defense was better actually, but nope.

Florida: #74 SP+ defense (through week 10) and #67 defensive fei (not including this weekend)

#74 in SECX3 is like #3-4 in the world, dontchaknow ya stooped sip. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

OMFG. They’re keeping up the lie lol. That’s so transparent.

I wonder if Weigman is one of the ones who lost some weight and therefore may be unable to compete. How closely have we been monitoring Ewers weight this season? This is some serious shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I wonder if Weigman is one of the ones who lost some weight and therefore may be unable to compete. How closely have we been monitoring Ewers weight this season? This is some serious shit. 

My sources tell me the growth in Weigman’s wing span from all the lost weight is really messing with his throwing motion. He’ll probably need to sit out the rest of the year to get it corrected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hagbard gets a little too paranoid sometimes. They’re not making up fake shit on manifests or trying to outsmart a nonexistent press threat. 

if i were the showrunner for a replay of the craig james / pirate scenario, i would absolutely obfuscate to the greatest degree possible

yes, i know i am ascribing to aggy skill, patience, pertinacity and forecast

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

My sources tell me the growth in Weigman’s wing span from all the lost weight is really messing with his throwing motion. He’ll probably need to sit out the rest of the year to get it corrected. 

If he throws too hard, he actually takes flight like a great bird rising from the mangrove.

And bedsores? When does that report come out? I'm really worried about the health of these young guys who have all banded together around Max Wright after the expulsion of the bad apples to devote their hearts to restoring A&M to its pre-Pearl Harbor glory.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

image.png.3e2557590eb241d17ed17a1cae1d7473.png

can someone get this man a 3 ring binder? or fewer sheets of loose paper? or a coach to just hold it, organize it and then give him what he needs when he asks?

this is embarrassing to the coaching profession.

also is he wearing a gold Rolex Day Date? lol let me tell you, if i am making as much as he is, then i am going to wear a much more interesting watch.

edit: it is an 18k day date.

i take it your a Richard Millie type of guy?