Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

No. Our offense looks like total ass and The offensive staff is not as advertised. It’s a fucking clusterfuck on both sides of the ball.

Why would he come here?

When the QB is missing several wide open passes that isn't on the coaches. We would be up 21-3 or more if we just had a decent P5 QB

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Hopefully Ewers didn't watch this game and doesn't check a box score. A loss probably doesn't kill our chances with him, but seeing how shitty the offense was might.

He knows he can start day one. He hasn't played a down in college football, but he is already head and shoulders above anyone on our current roster. 

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He knows he can start day one. He hasn't played a down in college football, but he is already head and shoulders above anyone on our current roster. 

Sure, but he could probably start other places too, or just battle it out at tOSU. I'm not saying no chance, but Sark the QB guru isn't quite the same sell it was 4 weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The biggest problem on this team will not be solved with a QB who’s never played a down in college, and appears be in possession of the same weakness. It’s a roster overwhelmed with weak minded individuals. This team needs a leadership overhaul from the top down.

A high school senior being homesick is not the same thing as having upperclassmen quitters all over the field. Yes, Ewers is an unknown, but we have no idea what his football mindset is like. But yes, total leadership overhaul needed. Best thing that can happen is to have like 20 guys hit the portal (as long as none are Bijan and X) and replace them with dawgs who want to come in and compete.

Just now, Laga4 said:

Our O'line is beyond bad,  it's horrible.

Yep. If we can bring in a good QB and a few OLs, our offense will be very good next year. It's not hard to see the plays that are there for the taking every game which our guys are screwing up. Sark may not be quite as good as the hype, but the scheme is still plenty damn good to consistently produce a top-10 offense (we were 10th before today even with those issues).

1 hour ago, Cashcar said:

Why would any QB want to play at Texas for Sark? Thompson and Card both look like shit. 

I could be in the minority but whatever success we’ve seen from our QB’s this year is because of Sark. He was dealt a bunch of jags and they’re showing it.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

I could be in the minority but whatever success we’ve seen from our QB’s this year is because of Sark. He was dealt a bunch of jags and they’re showing it.

Neither one can hit wide open receivers.  They both suck.  Give RoJo a shot or any other QB on the roster.  As bad as the oline is both Casey and Card had some easy opportunities that they just can’t make for some reason.  I know the QBs have no confidence in the oline and are very jumpy because of that but they both had chances and failed miserably.  

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Lmao, Ewers didn’t come here as a recruit bc he believed we couldn’t compete for the CFP and we were 7-3.  Why would he transfer now when we’re competing against Kansas for bowl eligibility.

He left because he didn't believe Yurcich was gonna be around to coach him and the team was falling apart. Sam possibly even told him to steer clear.

12 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Best thing that can happen is to have like 20 guys hit the portal (as long as none are Bijan and X) and replace them with dawgs who want to come in and compete.

Lose another 15+ to graduation, and you get a close to an overhaul as you can get. That’s Sark’s only hope.

While he’s at it, he needs to send half of his assistants to the portal. 

If I expected one thing out of Sark it was to make Thompson or Card look like a legitimate QB after putting Mac Jones and Jake Locker into the NFL as first rounders. Thompson and Card look like hammered dog shit....I know offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, etc etc.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

If I expected one thing out of Sark it was to make Thompson or Card look like a legitimate QB after putting Mac Jones and Jake Locker into the NFL as first rounders. Thompson and Card look like hammered dog shit....I know offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, etc etc.

Perhaps Locker but Mac didn't start til his Jr season when Tua got hurt and got handed the keys to an italian sports car.  Had a hell of a sr season though.  I'm not sure Sark has the patience (along with us) to wait a couple more seasons on Card.  I think Casey is done here and will leave the program next month

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chad said:

He made Casey look great at first, but Casey must have lost his contacts at some point during the season.

I don't think Card has the stones for the position.

Edited by Atticus

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He made Casey look great at first, but Casey must have lost his contacts at some point during the season.

I don't think Card has the stones for the position.

The way Casey came out against ISU was awful..  Not making excuses but is his thumb still jacked up?

Card has been trained to be good at 7 on 7 and not actual football.  He can't handle pressure at all.  If his first read isn't open, he panics.  We should have known when that video of the ridiculous footwork drill appeared in the off-season.  He's been coached to have happy feet by that qb coach.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Card has been trained to be good at 7 on 7 and not actual football.  He can't handle pressure at all.  If his first read isn't open, he panics.  We should have known when that video of the ridiculous footwork drill appeared in the off-season.  He's been coached to have happy feet by that qb coach.

I can't remember exactly which of the two it was (Roach/Harris) that was really down on Card and got a lot of flack through their boards.  They kept pointing out that he did well inside the pocket with good protection, however as soon as he left and threw on the run it resulted in incompletions/INTs.  They had a percentage of it too IIRC.

I would bet a nickel all the guys dogging on Ehlinger the last few years would take him again in a heart beat.  Dude was a solid college QB.  Where would we be with him on this same squad?  Better than where we are in my opinion.  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

The way Casey came out against ISU was awful..  Not making excuses but is his thumb still jacked up?

Alex Loeb stated he could barely move it just last week. Its an obvious issue and has been.  

A healthy Thompson had this offense rolling until the the injury against OU.  

What doesn't make sense is the complete shitshow of Card. The missed TD to Worthy shouldn't happen. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

This. 

9 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Alex Loeb stated he could barely move it just last week. Its an obvious issue and has been.  

What doesn't make sense is the complete shitshow of Card. The missed TD to Worthy shouldn't happen. 

Yeah I think Casey's injury is real. Just hope he can get it healed up soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

But somehow Casey played just fine at the beginning of OSU and Baylor before going to shit.  Does his thumb only hurt in the second half of games?  Oh and the 1st half of ISU.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Card is workout warrior.  He do any drill perfect.  Games?  Not so much.  

7 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I would bet a nickel all the guys dogging on Ehlinger the last few years would take him again in a heart beat.  Dude was a solid college QB.  Where would we be with him on this same squad?  Better than where we are in my opinion.  

Easily with 1 or 2 losses. Ehlinger in an actual offense where the focus wasn't using him as a battering ram to make the run game work would have been interesting. Plus the team would have a real identity on offense with Ehlinger as the leader.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Why is McCall leaving Coastal Carolina, but the answer is obvious. The guy that actually has college experience.

If we're dreaming about getting Ewers, why not dream about someone who had actually produced at the college level. 

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, EE2B said:

When Ewers portals in can we move Card to wide receiver? I know he has small hands, but he might be able to catch better than the ghost of Josh Moore.

Pffft.   Frankly, I’m surprised at this take.

obviously he will be move to TE and go on to a 14yr career with 5 Pro Bowl Appearances  

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust