Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

We're not paying to go to the dinner or the sweet Rtic cups, or even for Cade Brewer to not break a tackle. We're paying Cade Brewer and the others so that future, better, TE's know they can get paid by simply being a TE on the Texas roster going forward.  It's important to see the distinction; we're paying today for a better tomorrow.

Didn't know Sam Seaborn posted here.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Use the app, sir. Order ahead, let them know when you're there. You'll be in and out in about 5-7 minutes.

Also, every one I've been to has a crazy drive thru line but it moves fast as hell.

Always check your order. They have been very forgetful with the sauce lately

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Yeah babe, I post Online. Me and the boys? We're pretty cool. Longhorn football. Pictures of girls. Got some sweet inside jokes. ... Wait, you AND your friend? At the same time? Sure! ... Yeah I'll tell you about some pretty epic threads since you both seem so eager."

"Nice dude! Two more for the petition."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Lines move crazy fast. Have yet to try a shake from there. Are they good?

12 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes. The peppermint shake is also delicious, if you're in to that sorta thing.

#chickfilatalknotgoingaway

Will someone tell Ewers to move this shit along. We are quickly running out of topics...

Edit: Their cobb salad is fanfuckingtastic

Edited by Jamaal.25
  • Haha 1

Tech 9.95er

Latest update from Tech site

AustinMassey avatar
AustinMassey
STAFF
Posted on Dec 7  1:39 PM, V I P, User Since 4 months ago, User Post Count: 580
Dec 5th, 10:09 AM
VIP
4 months
*1:36 PM (NEW)

- Contrary to a few Texas message board reports, I've been told Quinn Ewers has NOT given Texas a verbal commitment and he is still very much in play. The funny thing is Texas Tech sources I've spoken with today feel they have a great chance to land Ewers and on the Texas side, they believe he's leaning their way. I couldn't tell you which side is right and I'm honestly not sure anyone really knows at this point.

- It appears to be down to Texas Tech & Texas, TCU doesn't seem to be a true contender at this time.

- As some have mentioned here, the Texas Tech staff is scheduled to have an in-home visit with Ewers in the coming days, I will work to get a specific day/time.

- Ewers "Loved" his visit to Lubbock as Chris Hummer reported earlier. He's also very intrigued by the idea of playing for Zach Kittley.

- Regarding NIL - I wouldn't get too drawn into the reports of $ amounts getting thrown around. I have my suspicions on the motives behind those leaks. While Texas may be willing to cough up big $ I do feel confident TTU would match those deals. I also believe Ewers and his family are more focused on finding the best fit for him long-term & the best system for him to shine in.

That's all I have for now

Edited by Longhornfrenzy
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Tech 9.95er

AustinMassey avatar
AustinMassey
STAFF
VIP
4 months

- Contrary to a few Texas message board reports, I've been told Quinn Ewers has NOT given Texas a verbal commitment and he is still very much in play. The funny thing is Texas Tech sources I've spoken with today feel they have a great chance to land Ewers and on the Texas side, they believe he's leaning their way. I couldn't tell you which side is right and I'm honestly not sure anyone really knows at this point.

- It appears to be down to Texas Tech & Texas, TCU doesn't seem to be a true contender at this time.

- As some have mentioned here, the Texas Tech staff is scheduled to have an in-home visit with Ewers in the coming days, I will work to get a specific day/time.

- Ewers "Loved" his visit to Lubbock as Chris Hummer reported earlier. He's also very intrigued by the idea of playing for Zach Kittley.

- Regarding NIL - I wouldn't get too drawn into the reports of $ amounts getting thrown around. I have my suspicions on the motives behind those leaks. While Texas may be willing to cough up big $ I do feel confident TTU would match those deals. I also believe Ewers and his family are more focused on finding the best fit for him long-term & the best system for him to shine in.

God please let this end today.   I have work to do. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

All I’m seeing in the several statements out today is how great his meeting with Tech was. Where is the stuff about how excited he is to play for Texas? Not feeling good about this. 

22 minutes ago, Jamaal.25 said:

Will someone tell Ewers to move this shit along. We are quickly running out of topics...

Edit: Their cobb salad is fanfuckingtastic

I remember way back in the say when Wendy's used to have their help-yourself salad counters.  You just paid like $3-5 and made your own salad.
You could walk up and down the long counter and add anything you wanted to your salad, kind of like a smorgasbord.
Maybe that's what it was called, I don't remember.
I do remember though that the huge smorgasbord salad counter had a bucket full of chips and another bucket full of melted nacho cheese.

I bought that nacho chip salad every chance I could.  I left out the lettuce and vegetables though, unless you count the jalapenos.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

All I’m seeing in the several statements out today is how great his meeting with Tech was. Where is the stuff about how excited he is to play for Texas? Not feeling good about this. 

It's from a Tech site.  What exactly did you expect?  "It's down to Texas vs. Tech, but he really fucking hates Lubbock." - Don't be this dense man.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

As opposed to the many on-campus visits where team reporters say "he thought the campus was unexceptional and the head coach a bit uncharismatic."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Tech 9.95er

AustinMassey avatar
AustinMassey
STAFF
VIP
4 months

Is this guy stupid or something, the schools themselves can't cough up anything, he should be more carful how he words things.

4 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I remember way back in the say when Wendy's used to have their help-yourself salad counters.  You just paid like $3-5 and made your own salad.
You could walk up and down the long counter and add anything you wanted to your salad, kind of like a smorgasbord.
I do remember though that the huge smorgasbord salad counter had a bucket full of chips and another bucket full of melted nacho cheese.

I bought that nacho chip salad every chance I could.  I left out the lettuce and vegetables though, unless you count the jalapenos.

In high school we used to skip out to pizza hut.  They used to have the best salad bar around.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Considering that we didn't find out that Ewers already had an in home visit from Sark until after he already had his Lubbock visit, I'd wager that Texas is intentionally keeping things very tight lipped right now. No new isn't because things have gone poorly, but because they're playing things close to the vest.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Is this concept really so long ago we’ve forgotten it’s simply called a “salad bar?” 

Eh, Frank Gallagher beat me to it. 

• Haha 3

I'm betting we have an answer by COB tomorrow...

Gives a few days for players to schedule visits this weekend with QE on site.

Can have another commit before then, then QE then that WR we expect to make a change.

Couple of days for Sark to do in homes.

If he's serious about bringing dudes, the cutoff is probably COB Thursday due to visits this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If Ewers comes to Texas, I will be eating the McRib and will post a picture as proof. Despite the untold damage it will have on my body. 

I’m inspired; if Ewers comes to Texas I will drink way too much, eat like shit, not exercise, and be a general fuckface for a full year. That’s the sacrifice I’m willing to make for this team and university….

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Wendy's Superbar. I once had that for thanksgiving in Edmond, Oklahoma...we were at an athletic tournament and you know that was the option. 

A Superstar at the Superbar: An Ode to the Wendy's $2.99 Buffet! | by  Aubrie Williams | The Childhood Series | Medium

Edited by LW Goatman
  • Drool 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust