Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Because fuck it, why not, another hit of speculation:

Found a plane (Tail No. N512LL) that's wiped itself from FlightAware. It just touched down on the east side of Austin Bergstrom on a trip from Dallas Executive. It's co-owned by the McMinn Law Firm and the CEO of an Austin-based property management company.

The founders of those firms/companies are both UT alumni, and one of them (Jason McMinn) was a Spur. The flight took off from Dallas right about noon today, roughly 15 minutes after LotusCorn posted the news re Ewers purportedly from the Spurs group chat.

image.png.e6a9ea79ca0a284eaf43d306046b8f0f.png

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I mean, thats clearly bullshit, but if Casey and Card do transfer out after a Quinn committment - Myles B. would be a hell of a pickup as a backup.  Given how young the QB room is going to be - can't hurt to have an 8th year Senior in the room.

2020 stats, before his injuries. (Torn abdominal muscle, then broken non-throwing hand during the offseason.)

image.thumb.png.dda9660d1a935028d0bd46efa7f13ffc.png

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

2020 stats, before his injuries. (Torn abdominal muscle, then broken non-throwing hand during the offseason.)

image.thumb.png.dda9660d1a935028d0bd46efa7f13ffc.png

8.5 YPA and a > 3:1 TD:INT  I'll take those.  Like to see that completion percentage a little higher - but with a high YPA he's at least pushing the ball downfield.

Just now, Orange&White said:

If the fucking burnt ends zealots are going to continue shouting down anyone that doesn't have the flair, immamac might as well just boot every person not in burnt ends off the board and y'all can have your circle jerk amongst yourselves. 

You're so fucking lucky you have tree fiddy flair or I'd be laying into your ass too!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Found a plane (Tail No. N512LL) that's wiped itself from FlightAware. It just touched down on the east side of Austin Bergstrom on a trip from Dallas Executive. It's co-owned by the McMinn Law Firm and the CEO of an Austin-based property management company.

The founders of those firms/companies are both UT alumni, and one of them (Jason McMinn) was a Spur. The flight took off from Dallas right about noon today, roughly 15 minutes after LotusCorn posted the news re Ewers purportedly from the Spurs group chat.

I use to party with McMinn, that’s all I’ve got lol.  Good dude, has done very well with his law firm for sure.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

If you don't want to sign it, don't sign it.  Otherwise, don't bitch about it.  Fucking pussies.

Very reminiscent of the way people shit on the Greg Davis banner. Or when I said we should wear black to Texas games until Mack was fired. Or when I said we should boycott the K-State game.

Outward signs do matter to people. They do garner attention. And if you don't want to be involved, don't be involved, but don't shit on the people who care. People make a big deal about our boosters meddling in the program, yet I think we really have the opposite problem. Too many alums/fans are content to let it ride instead of being passionate about being the best program we can be. No one else with our resources would tolerate the mediocrity (at best) we have endured for a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Okcool said:

Too late already getting troll texts from aggy ruhtards about it. Smh. Time to clean up my contact list.

We would be fucking toasting them if Texags was doing this. So good for them.

(I signed, I’m just fully aware that I’m fucking weird)

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

ha!  I grew up with Jason McMinn in Waco and we played baseball together for years.  Will text and revert!

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I use to party with McMinn, that’s all I’ve got lol.  Good dude, has done very well with his law firm for sure.  

Hit him up and ask whether Ewers is in the bag. Then ask what he thought of Palmetto Golf Club yesterday. Won't freak him out at all. 

Edit: Nevermind, @Ravishing Rick is already on it! 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

I did some camps with him back when he was either in college or just out.  He really isn't.

Yeah.  I've volunteered with a high school charity org, and it is still baffling and strange to me how much these kids care about whether I like an IG photo.  I don't understand it, but it does matter to them,

Right. I have been fortunate enough to work with a couple of a successful athletes/competitors and a successful sports team. I have seen some unique mental preparations and had some interesting pre-competition discussions. Psychology is a huge part of dominating your opponents. We are all wired differently. Comfort and confidence matters, and if this motivates QE, so be it. Let's get him and dominate our opponents. 

If the money I’m hearing for Ewers is right, the old joke about players taking a pay cut to go pro may not be such a joke anymore. 18 yr old kid, $$$, pussy, 6th street…what can possibly go wrong? Not that any of it is necessarily a bad thing but I think some consideration into a kid’s medulla oblongata is gonna have to factor in going forward. At my age I’m not even sure I could be trusted with all that. On second thought, I know I shouldn’t be trusted with all that. 

Edited by Mitch Hedberg
Because posting and driving is bad and I can’t spell

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

If the money I’m hearing for Evers is right, the old joke about players taking a pay cut to go pro may not be such a joke anymore. 18 yr old kid, $$$, pussy, 6th street…what can possibly go wrong? Not that any of it is necessarily a bad thing but I think some consideration into a kid’s madula oblongata is gonna have to factor in going forward. At my age I’m not even sure I could be trusted with all that. On second thought, I know I shouldn’t be trusted with all that. 

Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Tennis, Golf have all had to deal with it for years.  Now football is going to have to figure it out.

Some of y’all have lost your fucking minds.  The last five pages of this thread are the most bizarre shit I have ever seen in the history of the UT internets.

You think this is more bizarre than pattern matching hotel curtains during the Urban or bust fiasco?
  • Haha 2

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust