Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

We really think a change.com petition is going to move the needle?  Like said upthread, feels very aggy.  Should we go tweet at him how much we need him too?

I understand what his commitment means to the program but I have a hard time seeing this being a differentiator...

Gagree with this.

21 minutes ago, South Austin said:

One example off the top of my head is Mitch Mustain.  He went to Arkansas after Houston Nutt hired his high school coach, Guz Malzahn, as the OC.  Both ended up leaving Arkansas after a year.

he was part of the Springdale Five. Mustain (QB #9 nationally), Damian Williams (RB 77 nationally, 2 in ARK), an OT who went to Notre Dame (#5 in state), Andrew Norman (WR #6 in state), Ben Cleveland (TE #7 in state)

they were talking about hiring him pretty quickly, not just to get and hold on to Mustain (top State of Arkansas recruit ever) but because his offense was really damn good.

article on them:
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2013/07/attention_getter_gus_malzahns.html

Spoiler

Malzahn's career at Springdale was over after a five-year stint, but what a way to go out. He mercy-ruled 22 of his final 27 high school opponents and earned the program a No. 2 national ranking.

and

Mustain earned several honors after the 14-0 run, completing 190 of 270 passes for 3,817 yards and 47 touchdowns on his way to being one of the hottest recruits in the nation. Like his fellow starters, Mustain compiled those numbers while playing what amounted to roughly only half of a football season -- most of the starters rested in the second half with the 35-point mercy rule in effect.

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

For those of you commenting that it "feels very aggy", maybe y'all haven't noticed but aggy is likely to sign the #1 recruiting class in the country for '22, so maybe get over yourselves.

It's not because they are blasting out change.com petitions for each player.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It takes 5 fucking seconds for you to sign. You take longer writing a post on Surly to bitch about it.

If it doesn't make a difference, it's 5 seconds of your life gone. Drop in the bucket compared to the wasted hours this program has cost us over the last 12 years.

For fuck's sake, just sign.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There are dumbass fans everywhere. If he came back to Texas given the tough year we just had it would be the biggest positive event since Chris Simms, which completely changed the trajectory of the program, as an earlier poster wrote. Knowledgeable fans would understand that and he would potentially go down in history as a Texas legend with any sort of on field success.

Like Simms went down as a universally beloved Longhorn legend?  But yes, there are idiotic mouthbreathing fans at all big time football schools.

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

It takes 5 fucking seconds for you to sign. You take longer writing a post on Surly to bitch about it.

If it doesn't make a difference, it's 5 seconds of your life gone. Drop in the bucket compared to the wasted hours this program has cost us over the last 12 years.

For fuck's sake, just sign.

The Office Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If you haven't already, you're a t-shirt fan.

I am technically a t-shirt fan by definition (username and all). 

We are all on the same team and want the same thing but I personally think a change.com petition weird/pathetic at worst, and just completely ineffective at best. 

How many signatures do we need for QE to say "Oh gee, my concerns were silly.  These guys took the time to sign a 3 second petition.  They will totally have my back 110%, no matter what happens"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Then you should search your inner spirit to give you guidance on whether or not talking shit about 18 year olds that choose to not play for your favorite team is good or bad karma.

I don't think anything written on any message board about players or recruits has any factors on the player or teams success.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

We are all on the same team and want the same thing but I personally think a change.com petition weird/pathetic at worst, and just completely ineffective at best. 

How many signatures do we need for QE to say "Oh gee, my concerns were silly.  These guys took the time to sign a 3 second petition.  They will totally have my back 110%, no matter what happens"

Have you considered just shutting the fuck up? Maybe the fact that you had to drop out and the people who didn't are telling you they know it will have an impact should tell you something.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Anybody shit-bombing a kid for going to OSU instead of us last year is an idiot. If he transfers here all he has to do is play hard and be a good teammate and, with his natural ability, he'll be a hero at worst and likely a legend ala Bobby Layne. We'll even like his hair. 

tumblr_o375roJ8V21terwlso1_400.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

I don't think anyone is really concerned about what you think the best/worst case scenarios are here and that's obviously not the best case scenario. The might be your best guess at most likely, but the best case scenario is that it does exactly what the fuck we were told it might do, so keep your weird principled stance to yourself. Sign it with a fake name to maintain your honor (we won't even tell anyone you did) or just shut the fuck up.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Have you considered just shutting the fuck up? Maybe the fact that you had to drop out and the people who didn't are telling you they know it will have an impact should tell you something.

4 minutes ago, Dummy said:

I don't think anyone is really concerned about what you think the best/worst case scenarios are here and that's obviously not the best case scenario. The might be your best guess at most likely, but the best case scenario is that it does exactly what the fuck we were told it might do, so keep your weird principled stance to yourself. Sign it with a fake name to maintain your honor (we won't even tell anyone you did) or just shut the fuck up.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, it's a fucking change.org petition. Why don't you complainers just sign your name "Candi Fisher" and move on?

I will shut the fuck up and sign the change.org petition.  God forbid he doesn't sign here, I don't want to be the one responsible for not signing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If Charles Wright had come in halfway thru this season and tore shit up then I would say Ewers might be stepping into a situation similar to what Simms came into with Major.  But Wright didn’t which means he very likely sucks.  And nobody is going to be chanting for Card or Thompson if Ewers throws a pick six.

Ewers will be far more similar to VY in terms of fan reception/expectation; the savior.

Edited by Snake Diggity

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust