Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

52 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Now THAT was an episode!!!

I’m still salty about Nate’s redemption arc but it gave us the awesome Beard backstory so I’ll make my peace with it.

I loved that when Keeley saw her poster on Jamie’s wall she said “Fuuuucking hellllllll” in her best Roy Kent gravelly growl.

i really can't wrap my head around how poorly they've handled everything nate this season, when i think it's been a fairly well executed season overall.  even when he was getting fired, his boss could've been like, "come on friend, you're not meant to be here" and it could've been a sweet moment when even his biggest fan knew he had to go. 

but no, instead he starts babbling about jade reporting him to...someone...who he couldn't mention, because then nate would know what type of shit he was into.  wasn't a  funny joke, at all, and ruined a potentially good moment.

i love the team, so i'll probably like whatever moment they show when nate comes back officially, but i haven't been rooting for it and could give a shit what happened to that character during the series or after it concludes.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Another good episode.  

I've got a boy and the father son stuff just wrecks me.

Was watching it last night with wife and 16-year-old son.  We have a very good relationship but when Mae started in I was like....damn, I probably am fucking him up somehow.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, mdmost said:

Hide contents

Yes, that was his dad in the rehab facility, I'd imagine for alcoholism. Yes, I too thought he was dead until that moment.

Spoiler

He was dead to his friends, because they're alcoholics and he's in rehab. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does this mean that it will end like the wizard of oz ends?

I told someone a week or so ago half-joking that Ted will wake up and he's a college football coach. Roy's his next door neighbor, etc. "Hell that makes no sense. I don't know the first thing about soccer. Who would hire me?". 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does this mean that it will end like the wizard of oz ends?

my guess is that this is more like the Christmas episode where the writers foreshadow a "Its  A Wonderful Life" type episode for Ted, and then Rebecca stops by and he goes out.

I think Ted stays, and his ex-wife and son join him in "Oz"

I watched the first season, and for some reason didn't watch last season. However I started back this season and after last night I told my wife that this show is by far one of the best written and acted shows on TV - maybe ever. It's just so well done. Love it. I can't wait until next Wednesday but also sad that it will be a year until the next season, which may be the last. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I watched the first season, and for some reason didn't watch last season. However I started back this season and after last night I told my wife that this show is by far one of the best written and acted shows on TV - maybe ever. It's just so well done. Love it. I can't wait until next Wednesday but also sad that it will be a year until the next season, which may be the last. 

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Next Wednesday is most likely the last episode of the series.

forgetithesrolling.gif.64f1166c3e26b2d6e18416f85d9f7847.gif

• Haha 2

Generally I would agree since they’ve broadcast it as the series finale for at least a year. However, two things.

First, recently Rebecca is on the record as saying they just need Ted to sit down and start writing, up to him to decide if there are more seasons. And if there are, it would be a new arc since the current arc is done at 3 seasons.

Second, the apple preview page says season finale, not series. Could be minor and completely inconsequential but it’s there.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Also, You've Got Mail > Sleepless in Seattle any day of the week.

Actually I thought they both kinda sucked.

When Harry Met Sally is the GOAT and discussing anything else is pointless.

I do agree that Jamie Tartt's mom is the Jamie Tartiest of all moms, though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Awesome episode. 

Probably the most unbelievable part though was when they didn't have a stretcher and ems services out there when Jaimie got hurt. 

I didn't see the can of magic spray, either. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Deej said:

I didn't see the can of magic spray, either. 

Yup, my wife calls that stuff "magical ass spray."  She's a Physical Therapist and just laughs every time they bring that out and a player pops up immediately.

Rebecca is something we can all agree on.

Spoiler......

I think it was really lazy writing to have Ted's mom show up in the penultimate episode to drop that tidbit.  Duh.  We all know that.  Ted knows that.   He'll, Jane learned that one night during a pegging session.  

6 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Rebecca is something we can all agree on.

Spoiler......

I think it was really lazy writing to have Ted's mom show up in the penultimate episode to drop that tidbit.  Duh.  We all know that.  Ted knows that.   He'll, Jane learned that one night during a pegging session.  

The tidbit was less important than seeing Ted confront his mother and how their past was handled in the Thank You, Fuck You speech and also seeing how he reacted to the tidbit (which yes he already knew) which was to express his fear.  

Also in that whole bit I loved the call back when she told him something to the effect of "sometimes you win as a parent, sometimes you lose as a parent, but most of the time you just tie......all you can do is keep playing"

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:19 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Backstory on Ted and Beard was great.

And Nate will show up 30 minutes after the truth bomb.....

Truth bomb is Ted going home after the last match. From there I think Beard stays and Nate takes over. I hope they do cleanup on what Ted does when he gets home. Still have to tie up Rebecca’s pregnancy.

14 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Truth bomb is Ted going home after the last match. From there I think Beard stays and Nate takes over. I hope they do cleanup on what Ted does when he gets home. Still have to tie up Rebecca’s pregnancy.

Think about the post title winning celebration …