Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

1 hour ago, APMP said:

Richmond didn't exactly look like the most wealthy part of London. Wonder how the fans scrounged up $1 billion...though I suppose ownership in a champions league team is pretty decent as far financing collateral goes.

This is really just not understanding London (or European really) urban geography. The cities over there, being significantly older than US cities have developed much differently than anything over here. There are small centers like what we see on the show all over London and the areas could be well to do without really looking like it.

43 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Richmond is a pretty well to do part of London.

This and all of what didn't get quoted.

i have been as critical as anyone on Season 3 (and a bit on Season 2) but that was a damn good finale.

There weren't too many laugh out loud moments for me this season, but holy shit, i died laughing, when the were laying on the sentimentality and then panned over to Dani kissing that second girl on his other arm.

• Hook 'Em 1

They really missed a chance to show champions league and them come to Spain and address the resurgence in Spaniards showing their ass thru racism. SMH

Outside of that, I really enjoyed the finale.

I’m not as critical of this show so y’all’s bitching was not as big a deal.

I liked Sassy returning and still putting the screws to Rupert.

So someone explain the play name they were trying to convey in the free kick… I thought Statue of Liberty but that didn’t really make sense given the play that took place.

15 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

So someone explain the play name they were trying to convey in the free kick… I thought Statue of Liberty but that didn’t really make sense given the play that took place.

From season 1, told Jamie as the decoy to sell it, a performance worthy of an Oscar (paraphrased), and it was Nate's play suggestion

Edited by Cooterhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

I can't believe it turned out this way, but I could see a workplace comedy revolving around Trent working.  I'm not sure where they would go with the Richmond club at this point that wouldn't just feel like Ted Lasso II.  Which I would watch.  

I would love a Trent Crimm spinoff, too, but given that they barely used him this season, I can't see that happening.

40 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Barely used him? Are you kidding? He was used more this season than ever before. And used very effectively.

I would have loved to have heard via narration what was in the book. I thought his article and the narration thereof was a highlight and a good change of pace for storytelling in S1. Beard's editing was funny, though.

Overall, a good last episode to put a bow on a good show and good series. I think it's ending exactly at the time it needed as well.

S1- A+

S2- C-

S3- B+

Overall: B+

49 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Barely used him? Are you kidding? He was used more this season than ever before. And used very effectively.

Well, I guess that since he was embedded with the club this season, he was in more scenes, but most of what he did was nod at the end of a scene or roll his eyes.   We learned that he's gay, but that's basically all they did with that. 

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Well, I guess that since he was embedded with the club this season, he was in more scenes, but most of what he did was nod at the end of a scene or roll his eyes.   We learned that he's gay, but that's basically all they did with that. 

He wore a lot of tight band shirts, though. 

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

His hair was perfect

Brendan Hunt did an AMA on reddit: 

a few highlights for the tl;dr crowd (I'm just skimming myself):

1. a spinoff/sequel might happen, but they are going to take time to decide. they need a break.

2. the original ending to season 1 had Richmond staying up rather than being relegated 

3. everyone (other than Sudekis obviously) got their role through auditioning except one - Juno Temple for Keeley. they couldn't find the right person and 5 days before the first reading Sudekis suggests her and she got the role

4. Jamie's laugh at Roy (that he can't ride a bike) was modeled after Butch laughing at Sundance when the latter said he couldn't swim

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Ebeye said:

That was great, thanks.   Judging by Brett Goldstein's comments, he is definitely down to continue this in some fashion.   With how much the cast and the fans want more and how valuable the series is, I can't imagine that this is the end.  

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Brendan Hunt did an AMA on reddit: 

a few highlights for the tl;dr crowd (I'm just skimming myself):

1. a spinoff/sequel might happen, but they are going to take time to decide. they need a break.

2. the original ending to season 1 had Richmond staying up rather than being relegated 

3. everyone (other than Sudekis obviously) got their role through auditioning except one - Juno Temple for Keeley. they couldn't find the right person and 5 days before the first reading Sudekis suggests her and she got the role

4. Jamie's laugh at Roy (that he can't ride a bike) was modeled after Butch laughing at Sundance when the latter said he couldn't swim

It also dispels the notion that the end was a dream sequence.  Brendan Hunt gives a long explanation as to why Ted wasn't at his wedding.  

image.png.2056be7ede5031099ae6e06139616ecc.png

And

image.png.df3f1099d6e34a1ec8286cd1a0292587.png

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

A couple of other things from the Reddit AMA:

1.  Hunt said there are no plans to release Trent's book.  Seems like a marketing mistake to me.

2.  Beard's wardrobe choice gor the opening scene was his.

3.  The Dutchman's daughter and Rebecca's vision of herself as a girl were played by the same actress/girl.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

A couple of other things from the Reddit AMA:

1.  Hunt said there are no plans to release Trent's book.  Seems like a marketing mistake to me.

Well....they would actually have to write Trent's book rather than it being a prop.  

• Like 1

I just want to give a preemptive “fuck you” to any other show writers or filmmakers that use “Father and Son” during a pivotal and emotional parental reconciliation scene. The first four notes came on and my wife loudly said “goddamnit!!!!” while I had already started tearing up like a little bitch.

Fucking dickheads.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It could work, if they hire that George guy to be manager and the players are constantly telling him his balls are out all season long. 

And do one of these scenes.

efe31c51-9778-48ba-ac37-b10ed039577c_tex

• Haha 1

I can't find it, but when Jamie played the decoy on that last goal, he was mimicking exactly what Ted was doing in practice when they were showing them how to run Nate's play in season 1.  "Ohh! I want the ball, give me the ball. I want the ball please!  I want you winning an ESPY at the Oscars!" There is a video somewhere showing them back to back.  Was a great call back.

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I can't find it, but when Jamie played the decoy on that last goal, he was mimicking exactly what Ted was doing in practice when they were showing them how to run Nate's play in season 1.  "Ohh! I want the ball, give me the ball. I want the ball please!  I want you winning an ESPY at the Oscars!" There is a video somewhere showing them back to back.  Was a great call back.

That was in the S1 episode where Trent Crimm follows around Ted for the day.

44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Worst child actor ever? Even just sitting on the couch watching soccer was painful to watch. 

Don't remember who pointed it out on here, but holy shit he's terrible.  The scene where Ted comes home and he runs out and hugs him was terrible.  He acted like they told him to hug a tree.