Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

i've never seen Love Actually, so i had no idea that scene was a homage.

i do find it funny that this show is being analyzed like an episode of Breaking Bad or GOT or Mad Men used to be analyzed on Hornfans or Shaggy.  when this show was announced, i'm sure everybody rolled their eyes and thought it was gonna be terrible.  now, a third of the way into season 2, Ted Lasso is being treated like Apple TV's prestige show.  hopefully the Emmy's recognize Ted Lasso's greatness.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i do find it funny that this show is being analyzed like an episode of Breaking Bad or GOT or Mad Men used to be analyzed on Hornfans or Shaggy.  when this show was announced, i'm sure everybody rolled their eyes and thought it was gonna be terrible.  now, a third of the way into season 2, Ted Lasso is being treated like Apple TV's prestige show.  hopefully the Emmy's recognize Ted Lasso's greatness.

I have never seen it either so didn't know. I enjoy this show a fuck ton, and yep this thread feels like those shaggy days

Edited by Zepol87

The tension isn't as obvious as last season yet but it's there:

The good doctor is a threat to Ted since ultimately he is a mind coach more than anything.... but also potentially a hope (he probably needs some therapy)

The team is a former Premier League side floundering a bit in the Championship

Jamie is always one slip up away from causing chaos, can he hold it together is in of itself a bit of tension, his dad is always out there waiting to mind fuck him at an inopportune time

Nate's being a bitch and Ted is going to have to deal with it

Maybe the Dubai Air thing (there isn't anything to say that since this was a one off episode that it is in chronological order, they could go back in time for the next "proper" episode) 

I would say always keep in mind that they wrote and shot/edited this thing thinking that it would be released (3 at once and then 7 more once a week) like last season and given that the "4th" episode this year is something we have found out was an after the fact add in we really have not made it to what would be the 2020 equivalent of week 2 of this show.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

It really goes to show how great season 1 was. The moniker “Break-out hit” gets overused but was invented for situations like Ted Lasso Season 1, because of what you said.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, Harrison Bergeron said:

Anyway to get this bootleg outside of Apple? I'm not subscribing to another damn streaming service. #getoffmyyard

Install Kodi on a PC or Amazon device (won't work on Apple stuff) and then add The Crew or The Oath addon... Then go to TV shows and to search...  

All you need to know can be found here: https://troypoint.com/best-kodi-addons/ 

Edited by Grimas

I thought this episode was pretty good-- really liked the Roy Kent story (sans the niece hijinks and focused on soccer). Enjoying the passive aggressive struggle Ted is having with mental health and the good doc, will be great to see that blow up and Ted get better for it later on in this season.

A bit disappointed the show seemed to hint at Ted being the love interest on the app for Rebecca, but I bet they can make hay out of that. Better Ted than Nathan, because that would be a quick/cheap gag and also Nathan as a character has worn me out. I'm completely over him and would be fine if he were relegated to a few lines every week in the Diamond dog lounge or something.

Good episode on the back of a really bad one-- but more than anything I've come to reset my expectations and realize that I'm enjoying the show despite of myself. I'm not the target audience for this show. I've never seen Love Actually and I have never seen 90% of the movies quoted (and have no interest in RomComs at all) that was the running gag of this episode, so I did have the feeling I was missing a lot of the references that would have been amusing if I had seen some of the movies. I did recognize Jerry McGuire though, so I got that going for me.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

The Ted-Rebecca thing (her sending a message cutting to him looking at his phone and smiling) seems like a fake out.   

I liked seeing the payoff to the Reba McEntire thing - he got that ticket eventually.  The new Nate/Roy coaching dynamic will be...interesting. 

All around loved it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Found the resident rom-communist.

That is pretty much the banter when guys talk about rom coms. If no one starts shitting on them, most guys talk about them in depth. Secret shame I guess. I am shocked by how conversations go like that one. I thought they did it brilliantly. 

13 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Wow. Okay.

Y’all are clearly enjoying it, so I won’t rain on your parade. But this is a different show compared to Season 1 (which I watched three times through) and it’s no longer resonating with me at all.

Then give in to the dark forest put down your sword and end the story.  

Great episode. Great homages to romcoms. Great use of She’s a Rainbow. Also obviously note that the rickshaw that Roy takes is decorated like a rainbow.

For those of y’all who are hating on the gift of these episodes, I don’t know…I guess go watch the news or whatever else makes you equally unhappy?

• Like 1