Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure that is fully true. He started off this episode calling one of the players a dolt in practice. He was then visibly depressed when the players responded better to Roy than him. Add that he’s going to get public love for his taking over the match, he could revert more to be an asshole. Wonder kid.

I have to admit I’m still contemplating nates dad telling Nate and his girlfriend that they both could do better. Very deep.

idk if The Office was first to ever do it, but it's def recycled

AbleAshamedJavalina-max-1mb.gif

Edited by TommyGufano

Worst episode of the series by far.  The Roy Jamie beef and resolution was just ridiculous.  Middle fingers, nice bevis and butthead humor. Speaking  of, super lame dong jokes with Rebecca’s boy toy.  Sigh  The writers have mailed it in   
Nate completely out of character.  The entire coach beard story line is absolutely ludicrous.   The random Rebecca’s mom arch that did NOTHING to move the story forward.    What an absolute shambles of an episode!  Anyone who remotely enjoyed this doesn’t understand what TED LASSO is about.  Just a horrific excuse for episode, that has rendered the show unwatchable.
only thing remotely realistic about this episode is spuds not winning a trophy.
Sad!

I know you’re an Arsenal fan so I’m going to ignore everything except your last line and assume “that’s the joke”
  • Haha 1

Glad they ditched the Nate asshole/power trip arc mid stride and replaced it these last few episodes. 

The whole show is really about people trying to find their ways through their flaws their weaknesses their checkered and or psychologically tormented pasts. Nate is no exception and I expect him to continue to waffle back and forth as he works to find his best self.

As Big Julius told the T. C. Titans, now I ain’t perfect, ain’t none of us perfect but this team is perfect.” That’s what this is all about a bunch of flawed non perfect pieces striving to build something “perfect” by as Ted says “becoming the best version of themselves they can be”

Been binging the show the past few weeks. Damn, this is one of the funniest things out right now. Season 1 was solid, season 2 hit it stride. I'm not sure what is wrong with everyone bitching about the show, it's great.

The Rom-Com episode was ridiculously funny.

Coach Beard's hat now makes sense from a few weeks back.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:45 AM, maninblack said:

I did not expect Sam to be at the other end of the texts. I'm curious how that one is going to play out. 

Sam and Rebecca, where have I seen that before?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/27/2021 at 3:52 PM, Dr. Teeth said:

I am not going to argue the quality of episode 2 since i thought it was great. But episode 3 was one of my favorite of both seasons.

Yep, Episode 3 and 6 have been the best in Season 2.

Episode 4 needs to be jettisoned out into space.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Yep, Episode 3 and 6 have been the best in Season 2.

Episode 4 needs to be jettisoned out into space.

Episode 4 will be one of those things you stream during the holidays. It was just weird in it's placement. They should have held onto it and dumped it on us as a surprise in December. Everyone would have loved it then. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/29/2021 at 3:07 PM, Captain Ron said:

Been binging the show the past few weeks. Damn, this is one of the funniest things out right now. Season 1 was solid, season 2 hit it stride. I'm not sure what is wrong with everyone bitching about the show, it's great.

The Rom-Com episode was ridiculously funny.

Coach Beard's hat now makes sense from a few weeks back.

Sam and Rebecca, where have I seen that before?

Season 6 Cheers GIF by Paramount+

Will Nate and Jade get together? That could have been a classic rom-com meet cute.  Still 6 episodes left.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, Deej said:

Episode 4 will be one of those things you stream during the holidays. It was just weird in it's placement. They should have held onto it and dumped it on us as a surprise in December. Everyone would have loved it then. 

The episode was fine, people are just confused because they are squeezing in an entire August-May real season in the months of July-October. The episode happened in the middle of the teams season, just so happened to be in August for the release. They could have just led up to it better than they did, but it wasn't originally planned to be in the season to begin with. Would have been more weird holding on to it in November and telling us it happened 7 episodes before the ones they already showed us after the season was already over. . 

Heard about this on the radio this morning: some people think Roy Kent is a CGI character.

https://www.avclub.com/ted-lasso-discourse-reaches-inevitable-breaking-point-1847594249

Ted Lasso takes are a dime a dozen these days. Has the show lost its way? Do we need a Christmas episode? Where’s the conflict? Of course, while all those questions are answerable (No, yes, the conflict is that Ted’s nice, but his coaching doesn’t win games), one remains unanswered: Is Roy Kent CGI? That’s top of mind for the brain trust over at the /r/TedLasso subreddit. And honestly, it’s a fair question. Roy Kent is basically a Pixar character in terms of how his slight gestures can turn on the tears for millions around the world. But we’re here to put it in plain terms: Actor, writer, and comedian Brett Goldstein is not a computer-generated creation, like Jar Jar Binks or Watto (we think).

This conspiracy theory was brought to the wider internet by film critic Guy Dolbey on Twitter. But the question about whether or not Brett Goldstein was born in the primordial ooze of the uncanny valley has few believers. Posts on the topic only register a handful of upvotes, and that’s putting it generously. Still, it is funny to read the words “Roy Kent is CGI AF” and “Just watched. Had to search. Roy Kent is definitely CGI. Must have imported him straight from FIFA.” Another person adjusted their Apple TV settings because they thought Kent was CGI, which what? What were they adjusting? The bitrate? The language? One could even call these responses heartwarming, especially if you’re a believer in the advancements in CGI characters over the last decade.

Even scarier, some Redditors find this conversation comforting, saying they use it to confirm their sanity and potentially save their marriage. “My wife thought I was crazy until she Googled it and found this thread,” writes one Redditor. “Thank god for this thread. My husband doesn’t see it…I felt like I was going crazy,” writes another. “Every episode consists of me analyzing Roy and I can’t pay attention to anything else. His slow eye movements, blinks, and odd body movements have to be CGI! How are we the only ones seeing this?” We hate to burst your bubbles, but what this person is describing is what we in the biz call “acting.”

Nevertheless, this level of conversation is so much better than “is Ted Lasso too nice?” GTFO with that S.

I know all the scenes shot at Crystal Palace are CGI. They had permission to film the stadium, but could not set foot on the pitch. So the entire crowd shots are CGI overlay and the pitch is a practice field. Can't find the video that broke all the shots down, but it was amazing. Also allowed for multiple takes on bad shots without paying for all the extras and crew.

20 minutes ago, RPM said:

I know all the scenes shot at Crystal Palace are CGI. They had permission to film the stadium, but could not set foot on the pitch. So the entire crowd shots are CGI overlay and the pitch is a practice field. Can't find the video that broke all the shots down, but it was amazing. Also allowed for multiple takes on bad shots without paying for all the extras and crew.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RPM said:

it's always the last place you look.  especially if the last place you look is 2 inches up on the same page.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, RPM said:

You mean the video I posted just about 6 posts up on the screen?  :)

It's probably mentioned somewhere on this thread but a great documentary series about English soccer is "Sunderland til I die" on Netflix. Following a historic team that is attempting to get back to the Premier League after they were relegated. I'm on the second (and currently the last) season now. The owner wanted to attract investors so he gave full access to the filmmakers.

The second season is great how the new second-in-command is berating lower level employees for how the overall business was previously run even though they had no say in it. It's almost UK The Office cringe-worthy material.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Grimas said:

Will research but I thought it was the worst episode of the season

yeah it didn't do much for me. also the storylines are taking place everywhere but Richmond FC. it's like the whole basis of the show has changed this season. season 1 was the story of Ted Lasso trying to make his way as an EPL coach against all odds, with an owner, fans, and players who didn't respect him, and a broken heart from his troubles back home. season 2 is now a story of how a bunch of people who work together and all love each other learn to grow and become better people. AFC Richmond basically isn't even a part of it. 

i'm gonna go ahead any say this right now- anyone who insists that this season is just as good as season one is a fanboy wanker who can't be taken seriously. season one was brilliant; season two has been merely fine, and as mentioned, feels like a totally different show at times. so let's all be better than those nerd virgin fanboys in the rick and morty thread, and let's not go all jihad every time someone rightly points out that this show isn't as good as it once was.

Edited by shadow_operative