Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Please tell us again.

46 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Wait. You don’t like the show yet your posting in the show thread. I’m not sure you have the right person that should be getting over it.

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

But you choose to do so, BrickHorn. I get alerts every time I  open up SurlyHorns. It's up to me whether 1) I read them 2) I respond to them

Oh, nothing. Just three dudes who don’t want to engage with me so badly that they keep fucking quoting me.

Between this and Nivek bizarrely quoting a nearly week-old post of mine this morning as evidence of my unrelenting criticism, y’all are really putting on quite the demonstration of how little you want to argue. 

Like I said before: enjoy the show. And stop worrying about people who don’t share your opinion. I’m not interested in debating it with y’all. 

• Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Read an article that said Roy is the idealized version of the common asshole women fall for. The reality is that those assholes are assholes to everyone. The version women think they are getting is Roy Kent. The asshole who’s honest, loving, vulnerable and caring.

Sounds like there's a journalist out there jealous of Roy Kent.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Read an article that said Roy is the idealized version of the common asshole women fall for. The reality is that those assholes are assholes to everyone. The version women think they are getting is Roy Kent. The asshole who’s honest, loving, vulnerable and caring.

There's plenty of curmudgeonly guys like Roy out there who aren't true assholes. 

Jamie Tartt is the asshole women tend to fall for and end up regretting. 

sidebar:

For readers who may be wondering, why in the hell would I want to watch Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ . . .? 

Well, it's a fun watch. And it's about hope for hope (I think). The comedy is spot on. 

It's an easy series to watch and get up to date. It is uncontrollably funny in sections,, which is a nice change from most comedy these days. The writing is excellent. The acting is well done. 

Laughing is a good way to release tension, among other methods. 5/5. 

(for the soccer-adverse, it's not really about soccer). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

sidebar:
For readers who may be wondering, why in the hell would I want to watch Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ . . .? 
Well, it's a fun watch. And it's about hope for hope (I think). The comedy is spot on. 
It's an easy series to watch and get up to date. It is uncontrollably funny in sections,, which is a nice change from most comedy these days. The writing is excellent. The acting is well done. 
Laughing is a good way to release tension, among other methods. 5/5. 
(for the soccer-adverse, it's not really about soccer). 

Sidebar:

Who the fuck WOULDN’T want to watch Ted Lasso? I feel sorry for that person.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Now this is funny. I’ve been very clear that I don’t give a shit that y’all continue to enjoy this show and I have no interest in convincing you that it’s as bad as it clearly is.
But you skip right over that. Why? Because the very existence of a dissenting opinion is a threat to your internal sense of self. You’re exhibiting a cult mindset. Your defense of the show isn’t about the show; it’s about a cherished part of who you think you are (“Ted Lasso fan”). So you assign nefarious motives to anyone whose views challenge the rational basis for that identity.
I never had any agenda other than discussing the artistic merits of this show. But because my perspective differs from yours, you assign an ulterior motive to me to make yourself feel better about rejecting my points outright, without having to think about them. 
Like I said, this thread continues to fascinate. 

JFC…it’s 30 mother fucking minutes at the end of a week during which those of us who are productive sit back with an after Mexican food Friday night dinner margarita and escape for half an hour.

Pardon the Shakespeare fuck out of us!
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

JFC…it’s 30 mother fucking minutes at the end of a week during which those of us who are productive sit back with an after Mexican food Friday night dinner margarita and escape for half an hour.

Pardon the Shakespeare fuck out of us!

1z36f6.gif

Big fan since season 1 but season 2 is weak.  Lasso dad joke style is coming off cringy for some reason, super weird timing and trying too hard. Like when he was in hospital with the therapist to pick her up he said some lame shit lol. Some references I chuckle at but rest is meh. 

Love the most of the cast. Beard needs more focus and side stories.  Sucks it’s almost over, there’s so many random stories. And somehow Ted still doesn’t know the soccer rules lol. 

A dating site with no photos? Yea ok. But hope he bangs the boss and sends nudes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

A dating site with no photos? Yea ok. But hope he bangs the boss and sends nudes.  

So this is the bridge too far for you and not the whole premise of the show to begin with?  Never mind the fact that they go out of their way to explain the purpose of no pictures and why exactly the app name is what it is.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Big fan since season 1 but season 2 is weak.  Lasso dad joke style is coming off cringy for some reason, super weird timing and trying too hard. Like when he was in hospital with the therapist to pick her up he said some lame shit lol. Some references I chuckle at but rest is meh. 

Love the most of the cast. Beard needs more focus and side stories.  Sucks it’s almost over, there’s so many random stories. And somehow Ted still doesn’t know the soccer rules lol. 

Good news for you then, it’s a Beard solo episode on Friday

On 9/13/2021 at 6:05 PM, BrickHorn said:

Oh, nothing. Just three dudes who don’t want to engage with me so badly that they keep fucking quoting me.

Between this and Nivek bizarrely quoting a nearly week-old post of mine this morning as evidence of my unrelenting criticism, y’all are really putting on quite the demonstration of how little you want to argue. 

Like I said before: enjoy the show. And stop worrying about people who don’t share your opinion. I’m not interested in debating it with y’all. 

I have nothing to add at the moment.  Just wanted him to get an alert.

<ducks>

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, washparkhorn said:

Coach Beard: “Why you windin’ him up?”
Ted Lasso: “Because he’s the one, coach. If we’re gonna make an impact here, the first domino needs to fall right inside of that man’s heart.

I forget , who was referring to?  Tart or Roy I suppose but cant recall.

Two observations (siap) Maybe Sam gets sold to another London club.  Could create some tensions and solve other issues as well.

The voice mails from the Dr. were great.  She could only guess what she'd said but knew it was not great.  The fact that Ted came to her and didn't get mad probably scored some points with her.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:16 AM, mdmost said:

Yeah but that winning was acknowledged to be on Roy (The Roy Kent Affect) and the improbable win was on Nate, not Ted. Ted's too much of a passenger, at least in what they've shown. And I get this is not a show about soccer but there's a resentment you can see in Beard that's going to come to a head. I bet we see a losing streak storyline pop up. I agree with others that next season's storyline will be about getting promoted back to the EPL. 

*Effect

On 9/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, 4th&amp;Five said:

it's funny that everyone seems to think some episodes are great and others are bad.  they're all pretty much the same to me.

Csb.

I’m sure this has been covered so far but just catching up on the thread. Side note, for fuck’s sake Derka. Of course they were parodying Hoosiers. Even had Jamie yell “Richmond!” like Ollie (?) yelled “Hickory!”

I’m not Derka

Fair enough. To me the measuring tape is the most standout memory of that scene, and I was expecting to see that recreated within the joke.

And here you are fucking talking about him and his thread…. Which is going to cause him to come in here and defend himself. If you Derka haters would just shut the fuck up about him and ignore him, then he’d probably do a lot less shitting on these threads. It’s a vicious, stupid circle.

He didn’t really start another thread did he?

10 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

And here you are fucking talking about him and his thread…. Which is going to cause him to come in here and defend himself. If you Derka haters would just shut the fuck up about him and ignore him, then he’d probably do a lot less shitting on these threads. It’s a vicious, stupid circle.

i haven't shit on this thread once, and if you'll care to notice i do a great job of ignoring the fuck out of rex kramer's obsessive ass. look at all of his posts about me which i refuse to respond to. i do not take part in his bullshit. rex and the rest of this little fan club of mine may love to throw tantrums about me ruining the thread, but i haven't s thallus done anything to derail it at all. that is, unless you count me me "posting spoilers" as derka'ing the thread. because that's my big sin here- "posting spoilers". that's the thing that i've done that was so awful. give me a goddamn break.

deej, and DDD, and rex, and brickhorn, and js1, and the countless twats who incessantly pos rep their whiny-ass posts towards me are the ones who ruin the thread. period. end of story. and this cycle will never ever ever end until you people who aren't involved in these retarded disputes start actually calling out the people who cannot keep my name out of their mouths, nor their obsession with me out of the thread. you want it to stop? start making it clear to these morons that THEY are the problem., not me. all of them. both the ones who start shit with me *and* the ones who egg them on/pos rep their bullshit. call them on it every single time they do it. that's how you end these retarded weekly thread derails. and until then, do not lump me in with them or act like i have an active role in the insanely childish spats that these idiots try to start with me on a weekly basis. i have nothing to do with any of this shit. 

Edited by shadow_operative

10 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

If you Derka haters would just shut the fuck up about him and ignore him, then he’d probably do a lot less shitting on these threads. 

this is the part that i really take issue with, because it's total bullshit. i'm not doing anything that needs ignoring; i'm not shitting on the thread. the way you're approaching this, you're saying, "yeah, sure, derka is fucking up the thread, but you can choose to ignore him." fuck that. i'm not doing anything to this goddamn thread. i'm posting in it just like you do, and keeping my posts Ted Lasso-related. i even ignore most of their childish, baiting bullshit. you want the cycle to change? then call it how it actually is- a bunch of fucking obsessed children who won't stfu about me are killing this thread- not me. do not act like i am one of the many, many people who are shitting on this thread, because i'm not. it's total bullshit, and i'm fucking sick of it.

as for the episode, i liked it, and in fact, i found the lack of Ted Lasso refreshing. i don't think i would have said that during S1, but he's been so hypomamic and turned to 11 this season that it was nice get a break from that. as a stand-alone episode i thought it was really good and i enjoyed it. hopefully Beard can take on a bigger, more nuanced role going forward. and again, i really hope they aren't committed to ending it after three seasons, because i think they could go twice as long without the show getting stale or running out of steam.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

was there some symbolism that i missed re: Beard always dropping his keys?

Just an ending to each segment-within-the-episode that allowed a character to tell Beard to "go home", where he breaks the key and eventually finds Jane at the rave under the neon church.

• Like 1