Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

The wife last night asked why are we doing a Scorsese after hours?

And then we saw it was Beard After Hours.

It was good, it was off the wall but it was good as one of their 2 stand alone. But I also liked the Xmas episode.

I got a run Lola run vibe from the lady in the red dress scene.

I had a big smile ate the fight club moment.

Also really liked the club scene, probably also helps that I for some reason have always really liked “Hello” by Martin Solveig and Dragonette…

All that to say, it was fun but let’s get back to winning the Championship and promoting back to the Prem!

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, does it bother anyone else to see "Danny Rojas" as opposed to "Dani Rojas"? one of those odd things that make me feel like nails on a chalkboard. 

Not me.  Dani is a little bit more of a chic's name.   Sometimes people adopt a nickname or variation.  Alejandro becomes Alex.   Luis becomes Lou or Louis.  

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Pulled up "Hello" on my phone as I was driving to HEB earlier.   Made me smile and chuckle as I thought of Beard with the hula hoop in those horrendous pants.   

If I could find those pants, I would have my next Halloween costume.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This was my favorite episode so far and among my all-time favorite TV episodes, ever.  Wow. I will have to rewatch it.

It reminded me a lot of the Teddy Perkins and BET episodes of Atlanta. Just a weird one off side character journey that will lead to moving the character forward. It felt like a real writer's episode where they wanted to take some risks and deviate from the typical show formula. I think I'll rewatch it as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It reminded me a lot of the Teddy Perkins and BET episodes of Atlanta. Just a weird one off side character journey that will lead to moving the character forward. It felt like a real writer's episode where they wanted to take some risks and deviate from the typical show formula. I think I'll rewatch it as well. 

That's what I got from it, too. Like if they gave Don DeLilo an hour with the man and then said "write a screenplay about him."

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Someone caught the team record in the locker room: 22-6-16. - 82 points. They were 4-4-14 at Christmas so they’ve gone 18-2-2 without even mentioning it? 

If true, there are 2 more matches. And if you look at previous real season records, that puts them in the top 3. So promoted ... and more. 

26 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If true, there are 2 more matches. And if you look at previous real season records, that puts them in the top 3. So promoted ... and more. 

That's how much this is not a show about soccer.  The team went 18-2-2 and it was a background thing someone caught in the locker room.  

Definitely going to be promoted and it won't be even a top storyline. Hell, I'd imagine some combo of

Spoiler

a promotion being announced + the gut punch to Ted of Nate leaving (to join Rupert's new club) and taking several Richmond players

would make a hell of a finale. 

Edited by Js1

This show is fantastic. It lulls you too sleep while still being entertaining and then all of a sudden you get smacked with a 2x4 and a couple of episodes that put you on the same vibe of Season 1. I got emotional during this episode. It's been a rough week but this episode hit me for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2