Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

9 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

We often target the same players as aggy.

Don't kid yourself. Prime doing well in Texas recruiting will hurt UT, too. Big 12 affiliation will only help him and CU. 

That is understood. However, I long for the day that aggy goes back to their normal recruiting tier. Whenever they've been solid in recruiting its been when we sucked on the gridiron. Prime will get a couple here or there but that's not who hurts us in recruiting. It's been mfers to the east of us. We need to put a fence around this state like Georgia has. Hopefully selling our souls to the devil will give us the power to do that like @troph is talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1

Deion played NIL and the portal well. He also had the huge advantage of surprise. There was zero film to study. By the time USC, Oregon and AZ State face them it will be different. Colorado will be vastly better than last year, but they will finish somewhere in the mid PAC12.

The Buffs are going to make Nebby look “slow” and overmatched. This will continue into the CSU game in week 3.

The games after CSU, with a 3-0 start, is when we’ll really see if the Buffs didn’t just shock TCU and the nation, but see if the players/staff can make adjustments playing equal talent. Especially if they fall behind by like 10 pts in the 1st, can they come back?

IMO - Prime has so many staff members with NFL experience, I think they’ll be able to make scheme adjustments on the fly, but will the Buffs be able to do it? It’s going to be very interesting starting week 4. “All it takes” is beating one of those big P-12 programs early and look out! Easier said than done.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

But is it weird to anyone else how all the media people call him Coach Prime?  He probably encourages it, but I don’t remember any other coach who is never called by his actual name.  

I think it's more than encouraged, it's requested.  It's all part of projecting a larger than life persona (a brand), which is smart on his part and clearly effective.   

• Hook 'Em 1

FYI for anyone with YouTubeTV and the 4K add-on package.

Colorado vs Nebraska next Saturday at 11AM CST will be in 4K.

image.thumb.png.2c8053e2a576907c5d9fc72ac40350b1.png

On a somewhat related note... the Colorado vs TCU game on FOX just before the Longhorns game was absolute SHIT for video quality.
I was watching OTA but checked the steams too.  Both were shit.  
Thankfully, the Longhorns game that followed on the same FOX channel had fewer artifacts and was slightly better for video quality (still just crappy 720P though).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

On a somewhat related note... the Colorado vs TCU game on FOX just before the Longhorns game was absolute SHIT for video quality.
Thankfully, the Longhorns game that followed on the same FOX channel had fewer artifacts and was slightly better for video quality (still just crappy 720P though).

Huh?

My 4K stream through the Fox app was poppin'.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Huh?

My 4K stream through the Fox app was poppin'.

Whut I didn't know that was a thing.  I've got some research to do on how to find out when/where these 4K shows are popping up.
I hate that you need so many devices and subscriptions and remote controls these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Whut I didn't know that was a thing.  I've got some research to do on how to find out when/where these 4K shows are popping up.
I hate that you need so many devices and subscriptions and remote controls these days.

I have Roku and Roku Tv's. You can directly stream any FS1, FOX, or FS2 game on the app itself. 

The big noon kickoff game is always 4K. The fact that the 2:30 game was too suprised me.

But they broadcast it in 4K HDR which makes it even better if your TV can interpret it.

I actually had to turn off HDR on my outside TV, because it doesn't have local dimming. The 4K stream was always dark and I couldn't figure it out. But through googling, I found out that if you don't have local dimming you need to turn off the HDR. The HDR stream tells your tv to dim certain areas to give you contrast, etc. So without the local dimming, the whole tv dims all the time. Drove me crazy but now it's fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I do have a question for the more thoughtful (and concerned) Surly posters: 

How is it possible that Coach Prime somehow put together a much more high-powered, better performing offense with clearly better players in 6 MONTHS than Sark has managed to do in his third year with unlimited resources, bottomless recruiting tools and almost all returning starters? 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

How is it possible that Coach Prime somehow put together a much more high-powered, better performing offense with clearly better players in 6 MONTHS than Sark has managed to do in his third year with unlimited resources and almost all returning starters? 

i know GIF by The Hills

• Hook 'Em 1

How is it possible that Coach Prime somehow put together a much more high-powered, better performing offense with clearly better players in 6 MONTHS than Sark has managed to do in his third year with unlimited resources, bottomless recruiting tools and almost all returning starters? 

It’s ok TreatyOak. College Football is here and we’ll all live vicariously week to week!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Is this really fair to sark?

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

ESPN is not doing any 4K for college despite doing so the past two years https://www.sportsvideo.org/2023/09/01/college-football-kickoff-2023-espn-ups-two-games-a-week-to-1080p-hdr-launches-game-creek-varsity-for-abc-saturday-night-football/

It says the prime time ABC and ESPN games will be in 1080P HDR but I don't think I got that on YouTube tv this past Saturday.

CU's offense looked great.  Lost in all of that is the fact they gave up 42 to a team that lost Duggan, Miller, Johnston, Davis and Avila.  They are obviously much improved but likely to find themselves on the wrong end of things half the time in the Pac if that side of the ball isn't a lot better.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

CU's offense looked great.  Lost in all of that is the fact they gave up 42 to a team that lost Duggan, Miller, Johnston, Davis and Avila.  They are obviously much improved but likely to find themselves on the wrong end of things half the time in the Pac if that side of the ball isn't a lot better.  

The halftime score wasn't all that high. I'm thinking that their starters are playing more snaps than what is ideal, and when injuries start piling up, the wheels probably fall off. That won't be as much of an issue in the following years.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

He has a better QB. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The statement is fairly ridiculous in terms of a one-off game vs. one-off game comparison (I mean unless you want to just forget a game like OU last season). Team has to do it more consistently, which is a Sark issue. 

That statement is quintessential Surly football board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The statement is fairly ridiculous in terms of a one-off game vs. one-off game comparison (I mean unless you want to just forget a game like OU last season). Team has to do it more consistently, which is a Sark issue. 

That's not very nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Because Sark is a shitty coach. Prime might be a good one

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

He has a better QB. 

I thought Sark was supposed to be the QB whisperer. 

"Per 247Sports, Sarkisian's contract with Texas is worth $34.2 million over 6 years: The University of Texas and Sarkisian have agreed on a six-year, $34.2 million contract, with a starting salary of $5.2 million for 2021 with $200,000 increases every year thereafter." 

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Being consistent is one thing. Losing to Texas Tech last year is a whole other thing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Is this really fair to sark?

Well, yes it is. Dude and his assistants get paid a fortune, has the most resources and access to the richest recruiting pool in the nation. Sark's had 3 years to get his act together and his offensive line made the Rice D-line look unblockable. Rice.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

OU game result was epic and historic, but OU didn't have a serviceable QB for the game. They essentially ended up running the Single Wing offense w a tight end, running backs and a WR taking direct snaps.  

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s compare apples to apples. Deion has one game at cu. In sark’s first game he beat preseason #23 at home by 20. 

is that much different than Deion beating #17 on the road by 4?

I think so, yeah.  Road wins are way harder and Deion turned over basically the entire roster in an off season and seemingly made it work.

18 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

OU game result was epic and historic, but OU didn't have a serviceable QB for the game. They essentially ended up running the Single Wing offense w a tight end, running backs and a WR taking direct snaps.  

I mean we put 48 up on them the year before.  The statement was about offense, there have been a lot of games the Sark offense was more than fine, and some it wasn't.  I was just commenting on the asinine statement that the Sark offense has never looked like the CU offense when yea....that just isn't correct.  

17 hours ago, RPM said:

Deion played NIL and the portal well. He also had the huge advantage of surprise. There was zero film to study. By the time USC, Oregon and AZ State face them it will be different. Colorado will be vastly better than last year, but they will finish somewhere in the mid PAC12.

Dafuq? There is plenty of tape* on how they play. Not so much this entire assembled group of individuals, but to say, "We hadnt sent this Sanders kid play QB, and we haven't seen this exact offense for 3 seasons, so we didn't know what was gonna happen..." is some bullshit lame ass excuse... Even if there is a bit of truth to the statement overall. 

But guess what... TCU did have the "element of surprise." TCU is rolling a new QB and new OC... We don't have any film on this offense at all. None.

CU had, "Surprise motherfucker, y'all thought we were just dicing up poor black schools. Here's a fucking nickel."

*I'm old. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean we put 48 up on them the year before.  The statement was about offense, there have been a lot of games the Sark offense was more than fine, and some it wasn't.  I was just commenting on the asinine statement that the Sark offense has never looked like the CU offense when yea....that just isn't correct.  

I see. I don't think i stated my point well. I was comparing how the teams looked in their opening games last weekend. Colorado was far more crisp on offense and the players looked much faster and more talented against a much better opponent on the road. Sark's offense looked moribund for large swaths of the game, with the Rice D-line making the Texas O-line look pathetic at moments. Yes, Rice. This is year three for Sark and I don't see it.  

When I compare the performance, the brilliant branding, the ability to inspire, the recruiting potential, there is no comparison between the coaches. I'm not saying Deion is the answer at Texas, but I am saying I don't believe Sark is the answer at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

... I am saying I don't believe Sark is the answer at Texas.

He seems  to be a really good guy, but the insistence on being the play caller is a weakness. It reminds one of Jimbo in a way, and Jimbo at least has taken the step of hiring Petrino.

If Sark doesn't embrace the CEO role and find an OC, I don't think he'll last. Having Manning waiting in the wings could have an effect there, especially if the Uncles stay sold. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s compare apples to apples. Deion has one game at cu. In sark’s first game he beat preseason #23 at home by 20. 

is that much different than Deion beating #17 on the road by 4?

Yes, going on the road as an unranked underdog with a team that went 1-11 the year before and pulling the upset against a ranked opponent is very different from winning as a home favorite with a team that went 7-3 the year before. The cupboard wasn’t exactly bare when Sark took over. No one was surprised when Texas beat Louisiana. Texas was supposed to win.

Sure, Louisiana was ranked #23 but Texas was ranked #21 and favored by 8 pts. That was a good Louisiana team and they won the rest of their games, repeating as Sun Belt champs and defeating Marshall in the New Orleans Bowl. They were the best team in the Sun Belt but they were still a Sun Belt team. It was a nice win but it doesn’t compare to what Colorado did on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

While it's true that our game is a #4 vs #11 matchup, virtually everyone outside of Austin expects Bama to win it. The Neb v CU game, on the other hand,  is much more interesting to speculate about.  

Colorado / Nebraska is an old rivalry, full of hate. Old big 8 hate 

In no way does Bama view Texas as a rival, it’s still a bigger game. Hopefully ut shocks Bama 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Colorado / Nebraska is an old rivalry, full of hate. Old big 8 hate 

In no way does Bama view Texas as a rival, it’s still a bigger game. Hopefully ut shocks Bama 

It doesn't matter if Bama views Texas as a rivalry, cause it's not. It's a one-sided as hell series. Texas-Bama is a "rivalry" like Texas-Nebraska is a "rivalry." Like Texas-Rice is a "rivalry."

Honestly

1) tcu sucks ass

2) cu killed it in the portal like tx st which allowed both to fill holes in the roster with experienced players instead of high school boys that may or may not be busts

This is the way
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1