Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

On 8/17/2023 at 11:44 AM, Mittens said:

Not sure where the confidence vs Colorado State is coming from.  Jay Norvell was in his 1st year there, but he brought in a bunch of Nevada players from their 8 win 2021 team, as well as flipping a bunch of recruits, so he's got a solid base of players already.  He also took Nevada from 3 wins to 8 in season 2.  #2 recruiting class in the MWC w/ 31 commits.  I'd bet they're a bowl team this year.

They couldn't pull off the W, but looked the better team all night.  Still betting on a bowl game for the Rams.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

We won by 21 in regulation. Y’all rushed the field against CSU. We are not the same, titty baby.

What would the score have been if worthy and Thompson had been sent to the hospital by dirty hits in the first quarter? We were losing late in the 3rd quarter of that game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

They couldn't pull off the W, but looked the better team all night.  Still betting on a bowl game for the Rams.

Not at the end they didn’t. Up 11 in the 4th and they blew it with an impressive combo of stupidity and cowardice. Allowed CU to drive 98 yards to tie it (add in the 20 yards of CU penalties that drive and it was like 118 yards) and CU made it look easy as fuck. 2 pointer was a gimme too. And CU did it all while missing their best defensive player & 2nd best offensive player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, @'stache, I know you don't like Deion's style, but he is in his ascension stage, while your coach and the OSU program is plummeting into the abyss. Do you think a coaching change is in order?  

Not sure if you’re implying Deion to osu but I don’t think sanders would say yes

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not sure if you’re implying Deion to osu but I don’t think sanders would say yes

I think it's a good location for him. Smaller market, lower expectations, T Boone can open up the checkbook, and it matches Deion's country vibe. I bet he will be able to choose any location he wants for his next jump, but it's a thought. 

6 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I think it's a good location for him. Smaller market, lower expectations, T Boone can open up the checkbook, and it matches Deion's country vibe. I bet he will be able to choose any location he wants for his next jump, but it's a thought. 

Hate to break it to you but T Boone is dead my dude

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t see how USC doesn’t post 60+ on the buffs. LR loves shallow drags, it’s like a staple of his offense. And those plays were ripping Colorado all night. 

as an aside, I do think it’s interesting how Deion has become a racial divide. Fucking dumb shit Pat Mcafee couldn’t stop referencing “southern whites” not liking Deion. He’s a fucking race baiting shithead

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I just don’t think it’s a big enough upgrade for him to move

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, @'stache, I know you don't like Deion's style, but he is in his ascension stage, while your coach and the OSU program is plummeting into the abyss. Do you think a coaching change is in order?  

Nah I’m not gonna freak out over a bad loss. He’s earned some time to right the ship. I just wish he’d pick a damn qb even if it’s a coin flip.

• Hook 'Em 1

CU got exposed last night. This is a CSU team that was blown out at home by Washington State (who might actually be good - Apple Cup should be fun) and they really pushed the Buffs around in their house.  

The Buffs have played a pretty soft schedule so far. Here's what they have left (from Massey ratings):

image.thumb.png.d291c6ceca133ed5c355f3f0174e166a.png

Other than TCU they've pretty much just "held serve" to this point. Life is about to get a lot harder.

Not only are the teams better but everyone has CU circled on their schedule now. 

That said, bowl eligibility is there for the taking as ASU and Stanford are REALLY bad and should be wins for CU. That means only one more needed and that's doable IMHO as long as they stay healthy.  

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

What would the score have been if worthy and Thompson had been sent to the hospital by dirty hits in the first quarter? We were losing late in the 3rd quarter of that game

So if we had 2 separate guys get injured instead of one during the game? When you are relying on one guy to play both ways it is unfortunately a bigger impact when he gets injured. We were also missing our best RB and lost our starting RG during the game.

And Texas didn't trail after the 1Q last night.

I am not real certain how a team gets exposed when it was supposed to, if things went exceptionally well, hit 3 wins this year. Reaching a bowl is now a very significant possibility and anyone who thought they could even be having that conversation three weeks ago would be labeled either a blind homer, high as a kite or both.

They are looking competent, (his son’s play at QB has a great deal to do with this), despite subpar line play and a well below average running game. These things can be fixed in the off-season, but building up a winner out of a school that knows very little about that subject in the last 20 years is a pretty cool thing to witness. I hope Sanders keeps doing his thing and winning many more game along the way. 

• Hook 'Em 5

43 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I am not real certain how a team gets exposed when it was supposed to, if things went exceptionally well, hit 3 wins this year. Reaching a bowl is now a very significant possibility and anyone who thought they could even be having that conversation three weeks ago would be labeled either a blind homer, high as a kite or both.

They are looking competent, (his son’s play at QB has a great deal to do with this), despite subpar line play and a well below average running game. These things can be fixed in the off-season, but building up a winner out of a school that knows very little about that subject in the last 20 years is a pretty cool thing to witness. I hope Sanders keeps doing his thing and winning many more game along the way. 

the goalposts just keep getting moved. that's all.  went from the team won't win anything to now it's all smoke and mirrors... wait for the hot-takes when they do finally lose one

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, naija said:

the goalposts just keep getting moved. that's all.  went from the team won't win anything to now it's all smoke and mirrors... wait for the hot-takes when they do finally lose one

People shouting from the top of Mount Take is honestly one of the most humorous things you will find on this website. Really that can be applied to any other place where hot takes come in by the hundreds when a team loses that they are wanting to see fail anyhow.

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

CU got exposed last night. This is a CSU team that was blown out at home by Washington State (who might actually be good - Apple Cup should be fun) and they really pushed the Buffs around in their house.  

The Buffs have played a pretty soft schedule so far. Here's what they have left (from Massey ratings):

image.thumb.png.d291c6ceca133ed5c355f3f0174e166a.png

Other than TCU they've pretty much just "held serve" to this point. Life is about to get a lot harder.

Not only are the teams better but everyone has CU circled on their schedule now. 

That said, bowl eligibility is there for the taking as ASU and Stanford are REALLY bad and should be wins for CU. That means only one more needed and that's doable IMHO as long as they stay healthy.  

I think every team left except maybe Stanford could beat cu.  But I do see four wins here.  Things change. Oregon should slaughter them but they struggled with tech

• Like 1

We all know how pivotable having a good to great QB is to the team’s overall success. Texas has experienced it and now Bama is going through it. Will be curious to see just how effective a Deion team will be without having a QB the caliber that his son is at the helm. As we know, those are hard to come by.