Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

CU's offense gives them a punchers chance against everyone except maybe USC.  They would need a lot of shenanigans to pull off that upset.  They obviously aren't going to win them all, but USC is the only upset I'd be shocked by at this point.

Their offense was absolute dogshit for 58 minutes against CSU.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Oregon is 5x a complete a team as USC. USC is the most overrated team in the country besides FSU.

What makes you think this regarding both Oregon and USC? Is this just flippant Helobious silliness? If not, what are some details to your observation here?

Just now, closetohumping said:

My only hope as a guy currently rooting for Deion is the fact that Oregon nearly lost to Tech.  But I’m expecting pain for Colorado the next two weeks

I've seen people reference the Tech game as a reason to maybe believe that CU can win this Oregon game. 

We all know what going to Lubbock can do to a team. As well, it's not like Tech didn't have their hair on fire that game. They'd just been embarrassed by Wyoming, so they turned that game into one of two 2023 jihad games on their schedule.

I don't think much can be read into how Oregon handled the Tech game.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There's a better chance of me writing an imaginative comeback, and spelling it correctly, or insult, than damned near anything else happening on this board, sir.

I knew something looked off. Fuck.

In all seriousness I do hope you find some analysis thats just going to say a long-winded version of “CU is physically outmatched and Oregon will run the ball down their throat all game”. CU’s only hope is that Lanning is too stupid to understand that. Which is very possible.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What makes you think this regarding both Oregon and USC? Is this just flippant Helobious silliness? If not, what are some details to your observation here?

I've seen people reference the Tech game as a reason to maybe believe that CU can win this Oregon game. 

We all know what going to Lubbock can do to a team. As well, it's not like Tech didn't have their hair on fire that game. They'd just been embarrassed by Wyoming, so they turned that game into one of two 2023 jihad games on their schedule.

I don't think much can be read into how Oregon handled the Tech game.

“5x” is hyperbole but I do expect Oregon to upset them. November game in Eugene, forget it. Oregon is better rounded and coached on both sides. How much of the Trojan offense is just Caleb Williams playing Manziel-ball? Did you see their defense vs San Jose state? They don’t impress me. USC has the superior skill position players but they play stupid and I expect Shedeur to shit in their mouths when they play CU. Look for a 49-35 type Trojan win that game.

And to be clear both USC & Oregon are below Washington on my pac 12 supremacy pyramid.

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

CU's offense gives them a punchers chance against everyone except maybe USC.  They would need a lot of shenanigans to pull off that upset.  They obviously aren't going to win them all, but USC is the only upset I'd be shocked by at this point.

their offense isn't that good honestly, look at the unadjusted stats:

image.thumb.png.4533b95aff5477ac821c26107008e569.png

image.thumb.png.3550cb7f06962a16ea20994544cc4fc5.png

they are in the 30s and 40s on a schedule thats #53 in the country so far.

here's texas on a much more difficult schedule:

image.thumb.png.97497bebcd3aef613597ee2fc5524648.png

note the top 5 in this have played terrible schedules but their unadjusted efficiency is significantly better.

example: Texas is scoring TDs at the 24th highest rate in the country, CU is at #37

F6dnfg5W8AAXrF_?format=jpg&name=large

F6dngs6WkAAweCH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sanders is at 8.5, so not far out of the top 10 based on adjustments. their offense looks great at the end of the day in part because they are #1 in the country in pass plays in the country.

the gap between caleb williams and everyone else is insane.

15 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

"I forgive him." Deion earlier said it was a football play, so why does he need to forgive anyone for a football play. It's fucking absurd, but he gets a good sound bite that further promotes himself.

Yes, hatred, that's all you have. If anyone pushes back on Deion it's hatred. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

I forgive him was followed by the team forgives him, Travis forgives him, the university forgives him and lets move on. It wasn’t just only “i forgive him” so yes, your hatred is getting in the way of you fully understanding the context and gist of what he said. 

But you do you.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I forgive him was followed by the team forgives him, Travis forgives him, the university forgives him and lets move on. It wasn’t just only “i forgive him” so yes, your hatred is getting in the way of you fully understanding the context and gist of what he said. 

But you do you.

The statement was fine until the end when he mentioned forgiveness because there was nothing to forgive. Deion bringing that aspect into the equitation connotates that the CSU kid was trying to intentionally injure CU players. According to Deion, that wasn't the case. Deion speaking out of both sides of his mouth, like a true charlatan. 

But you do you, which apparently is to find racism anywhere you can.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Not to interrupt the bizarre tangent around the cheap shot/injury type/death threat/how Deion should be reacting stuff, but has anyone read anything online analyzing the match-up this weekend with Oregon? I read the analytics snapshot, but that's not incredibly fulfilling unless you are an over the top numbers dork. 

Bet the Board's best bet this week is Oregon ATS first half; their best bet is 3-0 so far this year, picking FSU, Ole Miss, and LSU ATS in the first three weeks

38:15 mark for game analysis (mostly spread analysis rather than matchup based for this game), and then 1:53:40 for best bet talk 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/college-football-week-4-picks-and-predictions/id927810876?i=1000628599460

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The statement was fine until the end when he mentioned forgiveness because there was nothing to forgive. Deion bringing that aspect into the equitation connotates that the CSU kid was trying to intentionally injure CU players. According to Deion, that wasn't the case. Deion speaking out of both sides of his mouth, like a true charlatan. 

But you do you, which apparently is to find racism anywhere you can.

I'm not sure your definition of forgive matches the rest of society's.  But I forgive you for that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

There was nothing "bang bang" about that play. The ball had hit the ground. There was ample time for Blackburn to back off but he was hellbent on delivering a cheap shot and sending a message to Colorado and its best player.  And he accomplished his goal.  Unfortunately, we won't see Hunter this Saturday and for awhile it seems. 

Good job by Sanders of diffusing the situation and moving on. 

Dude was headhunting, pure and simple. It was obvious. He got a congratulatory low-five from a teammate afterward. It was a cheap shot delivered with malicious intent. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I like his response to the Hunter thing. Confirms my thought that the bluster is just that, bluster for motivational/whatever reason. Not a style I particularly like, but it's just his style, and its working so far. I've been interested to see how he would handle his first loss, especially if its a blowout, but all indications are that it'll be fine. I admit to being a bit fatigued by the Prime hype, but I get why it's such a big deal, and the ratings are going to remain through the roof.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Not to interrupt the bizarre tangent around the cheap shot/injury type/death threat/how Deion should be reacting stuff, but has anyone read anything online analyzing the hottest sunglasses trends this weekend in Oregon?

While Deion's Prime 21 Blender Sunglasses live up to their, "look good, feel good, play good," motto, there are plenty of fabulous choices to make this weekend for those who want their look as much haute as hot. Wraparound shapes and mono-lenses — in other words, silhouettes that are synonymous with more form than function — are key accessories in the upcoming months, so consider this for your Colorado/Oregon game gear. Christyn Breckenridge, owner of eyewear brand 3rdeyeview, agrees. “The clash that’s happening right now with athletics and high fashion is dope,” she says. “Razor edge shapes are really popular [right now] — they would normally stay within those sport realms but you can spot them on a celebrity courtside nowadays.”

Hope that helps. 

Relax.jpg

15 hours ago, slorch said:

I mean yeah, it's not as if player safety is a point of emphasis on the entire game of football right now, and the hit in question was a play on the ball/ attempt to impede the completion of the catch.

When I saw the hit, the first thing I thought is that there was no place in today's football for that bullshit.  It was obvious, not ambiguous.   For all of the borderline targeting plays, hell, Kamara's is a great example of an actual effort being made in making a football play that crossed the line of the rule book towards ejection; and then we're saying the sideline cheapshot shouldn't warrant disqualification?

Use replay whatever, but the sideline play was a fuck ton more dangerous, with nothing but malicious intent by the defender.  It doesn't belong in the game, nor does the player.

I wasn’t referencing this play as ambiguous, I’ve said it was dirty. But, there will be plays that are. Do you trust the refs to not fuck those up routinely if you give them the chance after what we’ve seen with targeting calls? How do you define malice and intent to injure as quantifiable measures on replay? These are referees, not lawyers. 

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Not a charlatan if you produce results. And Deion always has.

I am not a Deion expert or hater by any means, but Prime Academy was certainly an example of results in the wrong direction. 

The dude is entertaining as hell though.

Edited by Caver60
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I wasn’t referencing this play as ambiguous, I’ve said it was dirty. But, there will be plays that are. Do you trust the refs to not fuck those up routinely if you give them the chance after what we’ve seen with targeting calls? How do you define malice and intent to injure as quantifiable measures on replay? These are referees, not lawyers. 

I knew what it was when I saw it.  Yes, I expect the referees to do so, as well.

On 9/19/2023 at 9:55 PM, HtownHorn said:

"I forgive him." Deion earlier said it was a football play, so why does he need to forgive anyone for a football play. It's fucking absurd, but he gets a good sound bite that further promotes himself.

Yes, hatred, that's all you have. If anyone pushes back on Deion it's hatred. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

This tweet reminds me of this thread

• Hook 'Em 4

Fun fact: I created the Surly Horns logo partially from the Oregon Ducks logo, which is actually Daffy Duck and was given for FREE by Walt Disney to the school in the 1930's. Disney eventually regretted giving it away and tried to get compensation for it, but alas, a deal is a deal.  

Andy-Pendleton-runs-with-a-Longhorn-flag

• Hook 'Em 3

Who knew God was such a big Buffs fan?

"A multitude of kids choose the coach, especially when it's a prominent coach that has had success in their careers," Sanders said in an interview with Taylor Rooks. "I had a parent ask me the other day, 'If you left, do you think what you created is sustainable? I said, 'No. It ain't. I'm not going to lie to you. God anointed me for this time, this season, this era and this moment. He anointed me to coach your son and his son and his son. That's what God has anointed me to do. This is my calling.'"

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/deion-sanders-says-colorado-footballs-success-isnt-sustainable-without-him-god-anointed-me-for-this-time-216562593/?fbclid=IwAR1iDMpptG9bJZ9KUGA8oZg0HETsOpzWSNPfMokZvTvmjF-AzIDsT3D3ZYY

19 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Honestly, I think refs have done a pretty good job overall with targeting calls.  They got it right on the late hit on Shedeur late in the game.

On 9/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, NoName said:

their offense isn't that good honestly, look at the unadjusted stats:

image.thumb.png.4533b95aff5477ac821c26107008e569.png

image.thumb.png.3550cb7f06962a16ea20994544cc4fc5.png

they are in the 30s and 40s on a schedule thats #53 in the country so far.

here's texas on a much more difficult schedule:

image.thumb.png.97497bebcd3aef613597ee2fc5524648.png

note the top 5 in this have played terrible schedules but their unadjusted efficiency is significantly better.

example: Texas is scoring TDs at the 24th highest rate in the country, CU is at #37

F6dnfg5W8AAXrF_?format=jpg&name=large

F6dngs6WkAAweCH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sanders is at 8.5, so not far out of the top 10 based on adjustments. their offense looks great at the end of the day in part because they are #1 in the country in pass plays in the country.

the gap between caleb williams and everyone else is insane.

USC is the new T-Tech under Leach. You can't believe anything their QBs do is real.