Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

On 12/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, closetojumping said:

Jake Spavital tried similar idiocy to what Sanders is doing at Texas State. There's some precedent, and it isn't pretty. "But that's Texas State!" Yeah, the same place that Kinne just took over and led to an 8-5 season and a blowout bowl win.

Amusingly enough, I think Kinne's roster was second to CU in roster turnover with around  ~ 40 portal guys and 15 HS recruits. He was arguably more successful than Deion with that approach, but obviously played a much easier schedule. 

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Losing Charles Kelly is not a good look for Deion.   Replacing your OC and DC after only 1 season is crazy...  

image.thumb.png.6f1905a91f85f11fb4d481ea37e38743.png

No problem, new DC and new OC.  Lord, please make this happen.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 5:17 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Yea…though Chuck should have replaced Watson and Bedford after season 1. 

Watson, clearly yes.  

Beford, not so much, as our defense was pretty decent for his first year.  But the Big XII wasn't great across the board that year, and that coaching staff turned out to be horrible recruiters, so the defense got shitty quickly after that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

This seems normal 

That men's clothing line seems normal to you? Not even the Ducks Unlimited bros could sell that "outdoor fashion gear" to raging rednecks.

Speaking of raging rednecks, both of Deion's kids have the initials SS. 

Shit's starting to make sense.

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

That men's clothing line seems normal to you? Not even the Ducks Unlimited bros could sell that "outdoor fashion gear" to raging rednecks.

That absolutely looks like something people with more money than sense would wear to look outdoorsy when they are nowhere near the great outdoors. Do you think LV is marketing to rednecks or the Ducks Unlimited crowd? They are selling clown clothes to the people driving a Defender down Rodeo.

That said, this looks like Coach Prime is trying to write the book on how to destroy team culture.

8 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

That absolutely looks like something people with more money than sense would wear to look outdoorsy when they are nowhere near the great outdoors. Do you think LV is marketing to rednecks or the Ducks Unlimited crowd? They are selling clown clothes to the people driving a Defender down Rodeo.

That said, this looks like Coach Prime is trying to write the book on how to destroy team culture.

Oh we're in full agreement. I was taking the opportunity to mock LV, the people who would buy that shit, their level of stupidity as well as the arrogance of Deion to let his "star QB" son attend.

The irony is, dumb rednecks with Ram Trump Trucks would pass on it while folks driving a Defender with save our planet stickers would eat it up.

/no CR stupidity comes in all race, color and economic circles.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

When your hunting outfit costs more than your deer lease..

But the good news is nobody will know as the LV tag on your "safety vest" looks like a Best Buy Sale sticker. 

You will be asked if it came with coupons.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Uhhh, you check deer lease prices lately???
At least 4 LV purses, 2 pair of shades and a small parfume worth. Shits gettin real out thurr.
Brotha, look at them!!!

I think you’d look quite fetching in that gear, tbh. Can you imagine the attention you’d get in Mexico and the Panhandle while chasing antlers in that getup?  YOU’D BE A STAR!!!

23 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

As long as they're missing team functions for something important it should be fine.  For really critical shit the teammates will understand- you know, heavy shit like family emergency, academic tests, Rhodes scholar interviews, or Paris fashion shows.

Would you prefer Heinrich and Himler. Himler Saunders has a good ring to it.
  • Haha 1

Watson, clearly yes.  
Beford, not so much, as our defense was pretty decent for his first year.  But the Big XII wasn't great across the board that year, and that coaching staff turned out to be horrible recruiters, so the defense got shitty quickly after that.

DFEI was #12 in 2014, #43 in 2015 and #44 in 2016.

The OFEI was 95, 87, and 66.

I guess the Big 12 wasn’t great across the board but two top 10 teams along with top 20 KSU.

I’m not sure how good Bedford was but Baylor and TCU were in their heyday offensively. OU began stuttering until Riley came on board. Mahomes was at Tech.

I don’t know the inner workings of recruiting, but there are too many guys hanging out in or around the NFL to say they were horrible recruiters especially considering that it was only 3 years with the first year being a short one. But maybe Herman and staff were great developers.

Those defenses were mediocre in 15 and 16 because they were young. The offense was terrible. That KU loss that ended it all had the defense pitching a shutout for 3 quarters but 6 turnovers were the issue. Ironically enough those 6 turnovers were at the hands of future NFLers.

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Screenshot_20240120_084645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.550120c4b68ca2e2288fcb3d78630532.jpg

Complimentary shipping? How magnanimous of them. 

I appreciate the gesture, but this makes my decision so much more difficult.

Free shipping makes me feel valued as a customer, but spending over $3400 less is also appealing.

If only there were somewhere else I could get free shipping...

Edited by Pods
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Negative recruiting?? Well I never!

It's unprecedented. Civility and respect has always been the foundation of college football recruiting. Until now. It's unacceptable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1