Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

16 hours ago, Newy25 said:

It’s not about violating the sanctity of college football that most of us are critical of. This is a sport where Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach found a lot of success for fucks sake. This is about pointing out shitty leadership and the giant red flags and leading indicators pointing to a football program steering off the cliff. The man has show no ability to develop talent or coach any kind of winning culture since he got there. 

He signs players and runs them off immediately. 73 new players this year of a fucking 85 man roster? His strategy is just sign and cut players and hope that maybe a few of them don’t suck. It’s going to blow up in his face if it hasn’t already. The fact that no one went to their spring game is another indicator his schtick might have already run its course there. 

agree with all that but to be fair, Colorado had long since run off the cliff before Deion got there.  In fact they had driven so far into the ditch that their admin decided the best way to get out was to turn to a grifter selling snake oil just for the spectacle.  But like all grifters, it's a sham.  He's selling a ponzi scheme with him and his son at the top.  Everyone with a brain knows that he's gone as soon as his son is off to the NFL (e.g. after this season) and "God will call him to a different path."  I don't care about that; if Colorado wants to whore themselves in that way go for it.  What's sad for me is him pulling desperate players out of the portal to essentially prop up his son.  

He doesn't give 2 shits about Travis Hunter or anyone else beyond how it can enrich his family.  Hunter will be fine on his talent alone but a lot of those other players aren't getting NIL, they were probably marginal P5 players at best that were lured in by the siren song of "playing for Dieon" only to realize once they got there that he doesn't know them, care at all about them, in fact they're just extras in his streaming reality show.  He'll pop in every so often and make an impassioned speech for the cameras to stream on YouTube about player accountability between trashing former players or complaining about his jewelry getting stolen.  It's sad for those players, they could have gone to a different/lower school and actually played on a real team vs. being part of the clown show.  OTOH, they're adults with agency and no one forced them to go there so it's on them too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, markstanco said:

It sounds like you are talking about Johnny Eightball. 

Deion actually succeed in the NFL and Johnny Eightball is to Primetime's grift what he was to his NFL career. Yes, both are charlatans, but Deion fools major universities Johnny fools his minion. Big difference.

Edited by BurntEyes

39 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There's not an NFL head coach that would hire him if he would even pretend to be willing to lower himself to that role. 

Exactly.  He may leave Colorado and quit coaching, but he isn't following his kids in the NFL.  He has shown zero actual coaching skills.  NFL teams don't need a promoter, and he's said in the past that he doesn't want to rise through the coaching ranks.  

I really thought Sanders was going to use his popularity for a good thing when he started pushing the HBCU as a positive, and hopefully increasing their popularity which in turn would expand the opportunities for more athletes to get higher education.   

When he abandoned them as quickly as he did, it was obvious he was using them as a steppingstone to a bigger platform to promote his kids, himself or both.   That move just made him even more despicable to me.  

There is nothing gracious about this person.  I think of Jim Brown, Ali and others who put themselves in the line of fire for standing up for the civil rights of people of color.    All Sanders does is promote himself and his legacy, which is sad, considering how much good he could do if he wasn't so narcissistic.   Pretty much the opposite of Kaepernick. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

With the current trajectory I’d pencil Shadeur in as a Cowboy.

Middle of the 1st or 3rd round depending Dax’s status.

Other Circus Destinations
Cleveland
Vegas
Arizona
Carolina

Based on Need
Rams
Giants

So thats 7 teams in the market, but I dont think serious organizations like the Rams or Giants (they try) want non-serious people at QB.

So that leaves five dysfunctional teams in various stages of QB uncertainty that likely will take a hard look and want a piece of the Sanders hype machine.

Its also possible and likely in the eval and interview process, the Sanders team will alienate these remaining franchises. Thats why I think Jerrah will get both Sanders kids.

Travis Hunter is an elite prospect. He will get drafted, then work will get done to separate him from Deion’s team or whatever it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I just want this shit show to hang on for one more year so we get a chance to wax them.

Football History vs Iowa State University from September 21, 1946 - November 13, 2010
Last Matchup
11/13/2010
Team Logo
vs
Opponent Logo
Wins
Losses
Ties
Home Record
25-6-1
Away Record
24-9
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 66BUFF said:
Football History vs Iowa State University from September 21, 1946 - November 13, 2010
Last Matchup
11/13/2010
Team Logo
vs
Opponent Logo
Wins
Losses
Ties
Home Record
25-6-1
Away Record
24-9

Ancient history my friend.  We haven't played since Obama's first term.

And it's nothing against the Buffs, just Prime.  Who do you think would have won between ISU and Colorado last year?

Edited by Al_4_ISU

The Buffs went 1-8 in conference the year before Deion and then he repeated that pathetic record. Deion has excuses why he couldn't win in the Pac12 but I'm sure the previous coach had his excuses as well.

This season will be about positioning Shedeur for the Heisman/high draft pick. Winning will be secondary and I hope Buff fans are ok with that.

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ancient history my friend.  We haven't played since Obama's first term.

And it's nothing against the Buffs, just Prime.  Who do you think would have won between ISU and Colorado last year?

We win if it is early in the season (first 4 games).  ISU wins if it is game 5-12.

2 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

We win if it is early in the season (first 4 games).  ISU wins if it is game 5-12.

I agree with that assessment completely.

I guess if we're early in the season in '25 (which would be awesome because I could make it to Boulder) I would reduce my confidence.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Are successful leaders typically that thin-skinned and petty? 

Urban Meyer
Mack Brown
Dabo Swinney
Jimbo Fisher 
Ryan Day
Brian Kelly

and the list can go on and on

At this level, yeah, it's pretty typical. It's not at all abnormal for a high-level CFB head coach to be a thin-skinned, petty megalomaniac. Deion is a very PUBLIC version of that, and that is the only significant distinction in my eyes. And all of those guys have either built or at least continued some impressive programs for given periods of time.

Regarding roster construction, there's no track record of it because the transfer situation has changed so wildly in a short span of time and Deion himself is a unique character in terms of attention-gathering and Colorado so uniquely shitty when he arrived. This year, Colorado lost/pushed out 44 and brought in 34. Louisville 34/30. Ole Miss 22/19. Scar 25/21. Texas lost/pushed out 25 guys. It's the way of the world now all around.

If Colorado is worse in '24 than in '23 with returning stars and a new batch of transfers, then we've got a data point that he sucks at building rosters this way. But as of reality right now, '23 roster >'22 roster and '24's looks better on paper than '23's. The evidence is going to come in no matter how hard anyone beats their chest predicting what will eventually happen.

I, personally, don't see how it's a bad thing to push out guys you are not confident will make a difference... and major program coaches seem to agree.

I read the Olson article following the guys who left/were kicked out of Colorado when Sanders arrived.

Here's the finale:
“My experience with Deion wasn’t one where I’m going to go bash him,” Sowell said. “There were things I agreed with that he did and things I didn’t agree with that he did. But that’s like any head coach."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, MotownHorn said:

He comes off as an extreme asshole to me in that video

If he has an issue with the interviewer he could discuss it off camera instead of publicly embarrassing a guy trying to do his job.

I'm sticking by my take from 18 months ago

Extreme asshole who is publicly humiliating people instead of acting like an adult

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

With the current trajectory I’d pencil Shadeur in as a Cowboy.

Middle of the 1st or 3rd round depending Dax’s status.

Other Circus Destinations
Cleveland
Vegas
Arizona
Carolina

Based on Need
Rams
Giants

So thats 7 teams in the market, but I dont think serious organizations like the Rams or Giants (they try) want non-serious people at QB.

So that leaves five dysfunctional teams in various stages of QB uncertainty that likely will take a hard look and want a piece of the Sanders hype machine.

Its also possible and likely in the eval and interview process, the Sanders team will alienate these remaining franchises. Thats why I think Jerrah will get both Sanders kids.

Travis Hunter is an elite prospect. He will get drafted, then work will get done to separate him from Deion’s team or whatever it is.

So the cowboys will take him around pick 15 or 65? Email Jerry and tell him to wait until 65.

So the cowboys will take him around pick 15 or 65? Email Jerry and tell him to wait until 65.

As a conman, Deion will spread rumors that Arizona or Giants are interested, and Jerrah will pick in the first round. Most likely scenario.

30 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

If you think about it we already have a version of the same type of guy we're dealing with again for that office right now

Yes we do. If you go through his entire career it's, well, right there. /no cr anymore 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Buffs went 1-8 in conference the year before Deion and then he repeated that pathetic record. Deion has excuses why he couldn't win in the Pac12 but I'm sure the previous coach had his excuses as well.

This season will be about positioning Shedeur for the Heisman/high draft pick. Winning will be secondary and I hope Buff fans are ok with that.

If team has 1-6 conference record Shedeur ain't sniffing the Heisman.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

If team has 1-6 conference record Shedeur ain't sniffing the Heisman.

This entire myth of Midduer being a good QB prospect has my head spinning. It must come from people just looking at his stats and saying hey, that's not bad stats for a guy on a 4-8 team. But if you actually watched him play, you see a player that doesn't take chances with the ball because he doesn't want to throw INTs. He misses reads and only throws to dudes who are wide ass open. He holds the ball for way the fuck too long instead of throwing it away because he doesn't want to hurt his completion %. All these sacks he takes could be cut in half if he just threw the ball away when he should. But he and his dad know that people blindly blame OL for sacks instead of shitty QBs that have shitty field vision and hold the ball forever.

• Like 2

The delicious irony will be when Shedder pisses off his teammates, which he will, and gets cut from a NFL team, which he will.  Then one of them will hop on Twitter to write "Ion even remember him tbh. Bro had to be very mid at best."

He’s gonna run his mouth and get his ass beat at the next level.

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think it would be all that different than a certain ex President who happens to be running again.

Dude, if you're gonna dunk on a a former, go take a look at the one in office right now. You think the former is a narcissist, go back from the 90s to now and you'll see narcissistic, sociopathic, psychopath. 

Let's not do this on this board. Every current and ex president is a narcassistic, sociopathic, psychopath. You don't get to the head of CIA without being a sociopath narcassistic prick. Just ask John Kiriakou. 

No more fucking cloak room shit on this board, please! 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, if you're gonna dunk on a a former, go take a look at the one in office right now.

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Let’s not do this on this board”  *halfway through doing the fuck out of it in this board*

You gotta cite all the current/ex's instead of focusing on one that's running for re-election. People get caught up on the now and not the whole picture. 

Regardless, I hope this is the last cloak room shit on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 6

You gotta cite all the current/ex's instead of focusing on one that's running for re-election. People get caught up on the now and not the whole picture. 
Regardless, I hope this is the last cloak room shit on this thread. 

There’s no fighting in the war room!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, if you're gonna dunk on a a former, go take a look at the one in office right now. You think the former is a narcissist, go back from the 90s to now and you'll see narcissistic, sociopathic, psychopath. 

Let's not do this on this board. Every current and ex president is a narcassistic, sociopathic, psychopath. You don't get to the head of CIA without being a sociopath narcassistic prick. Just ask John Kiriakou. 

Deion is a raging narcissist.  Trump is a raging narcissist.  

Neither of those statements is political in any fashion.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Deion is a raging narcissist.  Trump is a raging narcissist.  

Neither of those statements is political in any fashion.

So is the current president. And all the ones prior. 

IMG_9269.gif

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You dildos could fly right by that comment and not make it an issue. But nope, like moths to a flame. Like Deion and his kid when someone says anything negative about them. 

Always the voice of reason and sanity. That's why we love you.

scott-hall-gif-2.gif

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Haha 1