Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Your avatar reflects you very well.

What would it take for Prime to appeal to an NFL owner? Suppose - magic, I know, but just suppose - he could pick up those couple of games that last year they should have won but didn't, to go with the couple they shouldn't have won but did. So they get to 7-5 or so (magically, right?). Would that be enough for some moron NFL to put him on that next level?

I really, really doubt it - just like most surly folk, but if it happened, who'd be dumb enough to take a shit -- oooh, froodean, I mean a shot -- at him? Is there an owner that dumb?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952xxrw31x7q4h0jc7ny5t

Dude is close to 60 and calls himself "coach Prime". Anyone who expected better from him should be flogged. And his grandiose idea that his kid is going top 5 is the best part when he's probably not even a top 5 QB. 

The fail will be beautiful to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

So, where’s everyone that was sucking his dick when he was getting ready to take a p5 job?

I was higher than most here on his hire by Colorado and my bet in December '22 was 4 wins in '23, 7 wins in '24, and gone by '25. God will be calling him to a new place soon.

Feeling pretty good about it. Love the hire as an outsider wanting entertainment, and even if I was a Colorado fan I'd probably be grateful for some kind of show. But I'm not a Colorado fan, so whatever.

Regarding Deion violating the special sanctity of College Football and being a Classless Clown... don't care.

2 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I'm sure he's going to have plenty of conspiracy theories when his son doesn't go top 5. Should be good theatre.

You know he’s going to call the games to most benefit Shadeur even if it’s detrimental to the teams’ cause. 

• Like 1

I didn’t really care on way or another until the incessant coverage overshadowed everything else.

It was like all of the 2005 Reggie Bush/USC coverage condensed into 1 month.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'm sure he's going to have plenty of conspiracy theories when his son doesn't go top 5. Should be good theatre.
im sure they’ll act like it was racially motivated. Not because it’s a family of head cases that are also shitty teammates.
You know he’s going to call the games to most benefit Shadeur even if it’s detrimental to the teams’ cause. 

Hell, he already does that.

I'm one of the people who was excited for him to take the job, hoped he would be successful, and really enjoyed all the entertainment around it last season. And now that it has turned into the mother of all dumpster fires, it's even MORE entertaining. 

Surly-Remi.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I was higher than most here on his hire by Colorado and my bet in December '22 was 4 wins in '23, 7 wins in '24, and gone by '25. God will be calling him to a new place soon.

Feeling pretty good about it. Love the hire as an outsider wanting entertainment, and even if I was a Colorado fan I'd probably be grateful for some kind of show. But I'm not a Colorado fan, so whatever.

Regarding Deion violating the special sanctity of College Football and being a Classless Clown... don't care.

I don't think that kind of upward trajectory is going to pan out. Regardless, he'll probably be gone as soon as any type of better opportunity arises. With his sons gone after this year, there's no incentive to stay.

That being said, I hope they suck ass.

Edited by MuellerHorn

4 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

I don't think that kind of upward trajectory is going to pan out. Regardless, he'll probably be gone as soon as any type of better opportunity arises. With his sons gone after this year, there's no incentive to stay.

That being said, I hope they suck ass.

I don’t think he’s going to win enough to get a better opportunity 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I think his best chance for a better opportunity was last year. He's now shown he won't put in the work necessary for a Tier 1 coaching job and that will show this year and the next. A flim flam man has to strike quick before reality rears its ugly head.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I said it from the beginning- this is just Daddyball executed at the highest level ever. He won't be there beyond this season, he won't be taking another job and he will leave a smoldering pile of ashes as he blames everyone else for the unmitigated disaster he created

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I said it from the beginning- this is just Daddyball executed at the highest level ever. He won't be there beyond this season, he won't be taking another job and he will leave a smoldering pile of ashes as he blames everyone else for the unmitigated disaster he created

He is recruiting like someone who doesn’t plan on being there next year. He’s signing players out of the portal sight unseen then cutting them after they get on campus. He is just trying to patch together enough serviceable talent to showcase his son and that’s about it. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hahahhahaha!! Please name a number you’d like to bet on 7 wins and I will take the under. We’ll have a fun bet to track all season.

That dipshit isn’t passing last year’s total in a worse conference. 

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

This is hilarious. Nobody was melting down about the sanctity of college football being broken. We simply pointed out that if Sarkisian did any of the things that Sanders was doing, we'd have his head on a stick.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Coach Prime's next stop will be College Gameday.  It's gonna be awful.

• Rage+1 5

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is hilarious. Nobody was melting down about the sanctity of college football being broken. We simply pointed out that if Sarkisian did any of the things that Sanders was doing, we'd have his head on a stick.

Read the thread, it's hyperbolic about the classlessness of Sanders and how his programs are just minutes away from total meltdown and failure. The "no one came to their spring game" thing is just one example of absolute blindness to reality, similar to the handwringing about dumping roster bread and Twitter decorum.

28k showed up in horrible weather (and paying higher prices) to watch a 4-8 team with a massive roster churn and a coach whose dance move has showing his ass to the world for the last 30 years. That's a fantastic number for Colorado even with perfect weather. They had 1100 show up in 2022.

Regarding our sanctimony and our hallowed coaching staff...

Here's what I give a shit about with Jeff Banks:
- Does he recruit good?
- Does his unit play good?
- Live boy/dead girl?
- Beating his wife?

Know what I don't give a fuck about? Doctor of Neighborhood and Pole Assassin

And there's Sark himself and his history.

- Is Colorado's program stronger today than it was before Deion took over?
- Do they have a more talented roster than they had before he took over?
- Are they bursting with crime and real scandal? (not fucking social media cancellation drama)
- Are they better on the field today than they were before he took over?

Perspective. It's not hard.

5 minutes ago, PW119 said:

Coach Prime's next stop will be College Gameday.  It's gonna be awful.

This or him finding his way onto a coaching staff so he can rub Shedeur's shoulders in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Read the thread, it's hyperbolic about the classlessness of Sanders and how his programs are just minutes away from total meltdown and failure. The "no one came to their spring game" thing is just one example of absolute blindness to reality, similar to the handwringing about dumping roster bread and Twitter decorum.

28k showed up in horrible weather (and paying higher prices) to watch a 4-8 team with a massive roster churn and a coach whose dance move has showing his ass to the world for the last 30 years. That's a fantastic number for Colorado even with perfect weather. They had 1100 show up in 2022.

- Does he recruit good?
- Live boy/dead girl?
- Beating his wife?

- Are they bursting with crime and real scandal? (not fucking social media cancellation drama)

This or him finding his way onto a coaching staff so he can rub Shedeur's shoulders in the NFL.

"I don't care about irrelevant stuff"

*cites spring game attendance*

K.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

- Does he recruit good?
- Live boy/dead girl?
- Beating his wife?

I had a whole response typed out, but all I really want to say is that you can kindly get fucked for throwing shade at Sark's personal challenges, which he's seemingly addressed, while simultaneously defending this horse's ass.

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- Does he recruit good?
- Live boy/dead girl?
- Beating his wife?

I negged you for bringing up Sark’s past problems as if they have anything to do with this topic. Even if it somehow did, it would go against the point you are trying to make. No one cares about perception or the personal behavior of a coach until it bleeds into how they coach and manage a program. Deion is a a shameless, self promoting whore and that’s not what has people pointing and laughing. It’s the complete and total mismanagement of his roster and culture  that people are seeing as signs that he is steering that program right to the cliff. 

Edited by Newy25

A P5 head coach lashing out at Twitter accounts with 20 followers is cutting edge innovation. Screen shotting a former player's stats with a crying laughing emoji is a revolutionary approach. He's a visionary. If you don't recognize this you're just a hater.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I negged you for bringing up Sark’s past problems as if they have anything to do with this topic. Even if it somehow did, it would go against the point you are trying to make. No one cares about perception or the personal behavior of a coach until it bleeds into how they coach and manage a program. Deion is a a shameless, self promoting whore and that’s not what has people pointing and laughing. It’s the complete and total mismanagement of his roster and culture  that people are seeing as signs that he is steering that program right to the cliff. 

Sanders is playing to the media.  Just like others have done before.   The attention around him has brought Colorado from an afterthought to an interesting story to some and a circus to others.    His antics while childish and stupid are part of the circus entertainment and appeal to people who watch professional wrestling or arena football (or whatever the fuck iteration it is called now).   

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

At the end of the day, the moment he doesn't have a child's football career to promote, he's gone.

Said that a ways back. He has zero interest in coaching college football and really isn't doing anything beyond promoting himself and hoping to find some players to promote his children.

That's it in totality.

He'll end up finding a position job in the NFL or TV job around May of 2025.

Mark it.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Sanders is playing to the media.  Just like others have done before.   The attention around him has brought Colorado from an afterthought to an interesting story to some and a circus to others.    His antics while childish and stupid are part of the circus entertainment and appeal to people who watch professional wrestling or arena football (or whatever the fuck iteration it is called now).   

It sounds like you are talking about Johnny Eightball. 

31 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

At the end of the day, the moment he doesn't have a child's football career to promote, he's gone.

Said that a ways back. He has zero interest in coaching college football and really isn't doing anything beyond promoting himself and hoping to find some players to promote his children.

That's it in totality.

He'll end up finding a position job in the NFL or TV job around May of 2025.

Mark it.

There's not an NFL head coach that would hire him if he would even pretend to be willing to lower himself to that role. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There's not an NFL head coach that would hire him if he would even pretend to be willing to lower himself to that role. 

I'd like to think you're correct but knowing the Mensa membership of NFL coaches and what they think a "flashy hire" like Deion could do for positive perception of THEM, not sure I fully agree.

Edit - and say what you will about Prime Time, but his fucking grift game is top notch.

Edited by BurntEyes

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I'd like to think you're correct but knowing the Mensa membership of NFL coaches and what they think a "flashy hire" like Deion could do for positive perception of THEM, not sure I fully agree.

Edit - and say what you will about Prime Time, but his fucking grift game is top notch.

What HC would be willing to put up with his "it's all about me" bullshit? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- Does he recruit good?
- Live boy/dead girl?
- Beating his wife?

That’s all fine; I think that it’s fair, however, to view some of the things you don’t care about as indicators that he’ll be unsuccessful at the things you do care about.

For example - an adult, an NFL Hall of Famer, and a coach in a position of power, deciding it is necessary to publicly belittle a former player. You may not care about the action itself, but what does it say about him? Are successful leaders typically that thin-skinned and petty? Is it really that easy to distract him?

You may say that no, one has nothing to do with the other, and that I’m nuts or dramatic. But these types of childish actions don’t give a lot of confidence that this is a serious person or that he has a lot of perspective. And they would thus give me concern if I were in any way invested in his ability to make that a winning program (similar to how Tom Herman’s ridiculous and childish taunting of the Missouri QB gave me concerns about his ability to succeed).

I’m not rooting for the guy to fail, but I don’t see why anyone would expect him to thrive. He constructs rosters in a way that has no track record of success and he is publicly childish. Somehow I’m not impressed.