The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Precisely because it is the president I would think that they would be conservative with pumping in experimental antibody treatment.  Haven't look at the safety profile of the stuff, but hard to make a compelling case for risk vs. benefit...unless they have some indication that made the decision compelling.

Agree.  I’m guessing the loons who parrot his talking points aren’t the ones treating him.  

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Continue to fuck off 

Thanks for linking another non clinician.

If you require any oxygen at all it’s shown to be helpful. Given the low number of people that get hospitalized with Covid then yes you could say Trump has a “severe” case. However if you or that epidemiologist have seen enough of these patients and actually saw Potus you probably wouldn’t be too concerned at this point. Decadron is not a serious drug. It’s a standard steroid. 

18 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There’s just no fucking way all of this is precautionary because he’s the President. Being in the hospital and throwing the kitchen sink at him as exactly what you wouldn’t do if he was ok.

Especially an obese 74yr patient who doesn’t exercise and eats like shit.

This reminds me of my 94yr old grandmother.  Never been to a doctor in her life, living at home independently.  Aunt decides it’s tine to take her for her first check up and runs decades of tests on her and starts trying to tune up her blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, etc.  Dead within 2 weeks.  When you start throwing the kitchen sink, good chance you are gonna fuck up perfectly balanced homeostasis.  We’ll see how it plays out. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

To a hospital level of care in the medical unit of their mansion? Sure.

I assume they’ve been feverishly turning the residence into a Hopkins level facility over the last 72 hours. 

Steriods for breathing are no bullshit.  Anybody who has held a screaming, terrified toddler with low O levels getting nebulized knows this. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

He's setting this up as an excuse for losing.   He knows he's defeated.  He knows Putin and the other outside interfers are beginning to withdraw their support.   Being sick now and unable to campaign in personal appearances, his strongest go to, well that was just too big a hill to climb.  That's why he lost, not because he's a terrible person/president*. 

He's already blaming these appearances that he must do to serve the public as the reason he is sick now. 

He's like that player on a losing team that starts limping around at the end of the 3rd quarter.   

If he’s smart, he’ll use it as a reason to resign so Pence can pardon his fat ass while there is still time.

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I put these thoughts on the other thread, might as well put them here.  I don't think I've misquoted or misinterpreted the good doctor.

-----

So the White House doc lied to us yesterday when he said POTUS had not received supplemental oxygen either Satuday or Friday.  Today he admits he administered oxygen on Friday.

-----

Oh, and monitoring of cardiac, liver and kidney functions demonstrates "continued normal findings or improving findings".

This is code language for "at some point he has had abnormal cardiac, liver, or kidney functions".

I had the same thought when I heard him say that live.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m not a doctor but my grandpa doctor told me once you don’t just throw a steroid into someone for no good reason. Told me this after I got a steroid shot for allergies that probably wasn’t really necessary. 

Your grandpa never experienced mountain juniper.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe so. But as for me, I’ll choose to listen to the medical advice given from GRUHorn. 

Dr Ding hasn’t seen a patient in years, much less anyone really sick. 

Potus right now would be a typical floor patient in a normal community setting. Not icu. Not even in a step down unit. He probably wouldn’t have been given remdesivir because he wouldn’t have been seen as worthy of it. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

If he dies, the family is going to have to rely on Pence to bail them out with Pardons.

They will absolutely threaten Pence by telling him he has to pardon them in order to keep their support.  Then Pence does some quick Math (he's not as stupid as we all makes jokes about him to be) and realizes he can be President for 8.25 years without them.  

I find it strange that most Trumpers are not coming out of the woodwork to say what Trump's cause of death would be, should he unfortunately pass away at Walter Reed.  Since we know we're over-counting Covid-19 deaths...his cause of death would have to be something else.  Any theories from you resident Trump ball-suckers?  He can't officially die from Covid-19, so what's it gonna be?  It can't be anything except accidental, because he's the fittest President in history and is the toughest man with the best work ethic ever.  

So what's y'all's party line gonna be if the worst happens?  Because remember...we only count Covid-19 deaths to make money and scare the public.  Seriously, better start giving your story some thought, 'cause you might need it. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Potus right now would be a typical floor patient in a normal community setting. Not icu. Not even in a step down unit. He probably wouldn’t have been given remdesivir because he wouldn’t have been seen as worthy of it. 

Dude, we have zero reliable information on his clinical status. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

If he dies, the family is going to have to rely on Pence to bail them out with Pardons.

What would Pence gain from pardoning them? Trump's followers care less about his family than he does. 

Letting the Trump kids go to trial for daddy will be part of the Pence-McConnell GOP rebuild plan.  They get to have their tearful state funeral for their king to shore up his supporters. They get to pretend they werent always shitheads by handing the kids over to NY state and SDNY.  That will rehabilitate them with the middle. 

If anything, Pence-McConnell probably want to rush this along and get Pence on the top of the ticket while there is still time to turn some of those old Johnson votes into Pence votes. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So he’d be hospitalized due to complications from COVID-19?

That’s the other side of it - if it’s not bad they won’t let it get bad because he’s president. He recovers after getting unrealistic care and shows us his cape. The other side is he ignored Covid and downplayed it, risked the lives of others and is in a world of hurt with a bad bad case. Neither are winners for his dearness.

Gupta alluded to something that needs to be clarified:

Trump "tested positive" at some point on Thursday.  That doesn't mean he FIRST tested positive on Thursday, especially with the equivocation and wordsmithing this Dr. Conley has been proven to dabble in.  Trump allegedly gets tested on a daily basis.  So, if that's true, his symptoms rapidly deteriorated just hours after his test results flipped from negative to positive.  This is quite unusual.  

It's one thing for a person to not get tested until they feel like shit.  It's another thing entirely for a person to be tested daily and then start feeling like shit almost immediately after their first positive test. 

The likely explanation?  Either he's not getting tested anywhere close to daily, or he tested positive well before Thursday.  Sure, it's possible his clinical progression is highly unusual.  As our doctor friends like to say about the diagnostic process, "when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras".  We should assume the same about the bullshit flowing from the White House.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

He’d be more active on TV and twitter if he was ok, that’s still where I’m at. Megalomaniacs and narcissists can’t stay away.

Correct. It’s really easy to connect the dots here, this being just one of them. Literally everything points to him fighting a very serious battle against a virus he believed to be a hoax. The simulation is amazing.

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah and that epidemiologist Dr. Ding, fuck him too, he doesn't know shit.

Edit: right on cue

Y’all carry on fucking w grhorn but I don’t thing Dr Ding is a medical doctor. Also decadron if you’re not an uncontrolled diabetic is a pretty low risk high reward all purpose anti inflammatory. I wouldn’t read much into Trump being on it 

• Hook 'Em 1

Docs can correct me if I’m wrong but once he’s admitted to the hospital and given an IV that line isn’t coming out until he’s discharged. But last night they tweet bullshit videos and pictures of him with no IV doing “work?” They’re full of shit as always. 

27 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Thanks for linking another non clinician.

If you require any oxygen at all it’s shown to be helpful. Given the low number of people that get hospitalized with Covid then yes you could say Trump has a “severe” case. However if you or that epidemiologist have seen enough of these patients and actually saw Potus you probably wouldn’t be too concerned at this point. Decadron is not a serious drug. It’s a standard steroid. 

About 30 days you're going to stop posting around here.  

6 minutes ago, troph said:

He’d be more active on TV and twitter if he was ok, that’s still where I’m at. Megalomaniacs and narcissists can’t stay away.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Correct. It’s really easy to connect the dots here, this being just one of them. Literally everything points to him fighting a very serious battle against a virus he believed to be a hoax. The simulation is amazing.

Yep. Also, he seems to have it bad. Asymptomatic to supplemental oxygen in only a day. But doctors are pretending he will be out tomorrow.  For anyone I have known that had a bad case of covid, the second week of symptoms is worse than the first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Y’all carry on fucking w grhorn but I don’t thing Dr Ding is a medical doctor. Also decadron if you’re not an uncontrolled diabetic is a pretty low risk high reward all purpose anti inflammatory. I wouldn’t read much into Trump being on it 

Oh I'll definitely continue to fuck with him at every opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Docs can correct me if I’m wrong but once he’s admitted to the hospital and given an IV that line isn’t coming out until he’s discharged. But last night they tweet bullshit videos and pictures of him with no IV doing “work?” They’re full of shit as always. 

You can disconnect an IV, leave it in place, and wear whatever  you want over it. 

Edited by GRHorn

You may be right.

Or he's on a shelf in the morgue.

Checked my Rx's, I had that dexawhatever steroid, but no supplemental O2. Should I sue my doc? Also do yall think he's on Pulmacort inhaler?

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Dude, we have zero reliable information on his clinical status. 

From the video we’ve seen I feel comfortable saying to this point he hasn’t required higher level oxygen support like high flow cpap or a non rebreather mask. He would be on the floor at a community hospital. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I’ve read some reports that covid 19 drops in O2 saturation may have more to do with viral effects on red blood cells and oxygen binding to hemoglobin than with exchange in the lungs hence why they are now waiting so long to put patients on ventilators.  Those reports were from a pubmed search in the summer; I haven’t looked at anything more recent

I don’t know if that is correct but early cases who were put on vents using traditional indications had horribly high mortality rate rates, as positive pressure and high oxygen concentrations are bad for already inflamed lungs.

A disruption of O2 binding in RBCs could also explain the rapidly falling O2 sats not preceded by difficulty breathing. That may be why you hear about people who are “fine except for a fever” getting sent home and rapidly crashing and maybe dying. 

If the RBC theory is true successful suppression of the virus could lead to rapid return to acceptable O2 levels assuming he doesn’t also develop a pneumonia. 

Yeah, I was going to say, the prognosis of this doesn't seem to be linear in that once you dodge one episode of low saturation doesn't mean you're going to avoid another.

People I know that have had it say all the symptoms come and go, to include especially shortness of breath and gastric things (shits/pukes).

We have heard absolutely nothing about Melania, who also tested positive. They initially said she only had mild symptoms, but who knows how she is now. I assume she's fine, but it would be nice to get an update. Meh, she's just the first lady. 

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh I'll definitely continue to fuck with him at every opportunity. 

Keep em coming. It’s like me talking shit to you on the gardening thread. But I don’t do that, because I know my limitations. 

42 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I assume they’ve been feverishly turning the residence into a Hopkins level facility over the last 72 hours. 

Steriods for breathing are no bullshit.  Anybody who has held a screaming, terrified toddler with low O levels getting nebulized knows this. 

This situation has no relevance to a geriatric patient with Covid.  

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep. Also, he seems to have it bad. Asymptomatic to supplemental oxygen in only a day. But doctors are pretending he will be out tomorrow.  For anyone I have known that had a bad case of covid, the second week of symptoms is worse than the first.

This part of why he’s getting all these treatments now. Every day that can be cut off his recovery is a big deal given the urgency of the election. 

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread