The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gupta alluded to something that needs to be clarified:

Trump "tested positive" at some point on Thursday.  That doesn't mean he FIRST tested positive on Thursday, especially with the equivocation and wordsmithing this Dr. Conley has been proven to dabble in.  Trump allegedly gets tested on a daily basis.  So, if that's true, his symptoms rapidly deteriorated just hours after his test results flipped from negative to positive.  This is quite unusual.  

It's one thing for a person to not get tested until they feel like shit.  It's another thing entirely for a person to be tested daily and then start feeling like shit almost immediately after their first positive test. 

The likely explanation?  Either he's not getting tested anywhere close to daily, or he tested positive well before Thursday.  Sure, it's possible his clinical progression is highly unusual.  As our doctor friends like to say about the diagnostic process, "when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras".  We should assume the same about the bullshit flowing from the White House.

I'd still like to know how/why they said the Rose Garden was the solo super spread event, but 11 people at the debate/debate prep had positive tests, including people who were only at the debate prep and not at the Rose Garden.

If he and the others were exposed Saturday, would they be contagious come Monday/Tuesday?

Trump's reported anger at Meadows for being too truthful in discussing his condition yesterday is gold.

Mr Chief of Staff, as a general rule of thumb, it should be a red flag if you ever find yourself telling the truth to the press. About anything. You should know this by now. Truth is the enemy of Trump's puffery and lawlessness. Avoid it reflexively.

Yep. Also, he seems to have it bad. Asymptomatic to supplemental oxygen in only a day. But doctors are pretending he will be out tomorrow.  For anyone I have known that had a bad case of covid, the second week of symptoms is worse than the first.
Would Trump dying by tomorrow count as him being "discharged"?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Keep em coming. It’s like me talking shit to you on the gardening thread. But I don’t do that, because I know my limitations. 

This situation has no relevance to a geriatric patient with Covid.  

This part of why he’s getting all these treatments now. Every day that can be cut off his recovery is a big deal given the urgency of the election. 

You know why that don't hunt?

Because I regularly get called out on the gardening and landscaping threads. If I'm wrong show me. If I find that the available data has changed things I'm gonna cite myself and eat it. 

35 minutes ago, troph said:

He’d be more active on TV and twitter if he was ok, that’s still where I’m at. Megalomaniacs and narcissists can’t stay away.

This x 1000.  Right now, it's basically Dan Scavino retweeting well-wishers.  Actually, it's pretty damn targeted - Arizona voters and Black voters, so that's more campaign related.

If Trump were up and tweeting himself, he'd be raging against Pelosi, Biden, etc. and anybody who said "we wish him well, but he should have worn a mask."

• Hook 'Em 1

It would be bad for the country if the president died. 

But mostly, it would also suck to not see him spend time in Federal prison because of his IRS case. That case looks incredible with financial records, statement and amazing evidence.   

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

My mother required a lung transplant when her O2 levels hit 90%.

This fucker is ded.

I'm a severe asthmatic whose life has literally been saved by the advent of drugs like AdVair/Breo.

I had an asthma attack progress to bacterial pneumonia once -- the asthma attack was probably initiated by the infection, but they didn't say for sure -- and I spent 10 days in the hospital.  My blood ox never dipped below 90%.  I felt like absolute hammered shit, and honestly, it took weeks to recover.  That was "just" good old-fashioned pneumonia.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do all administrations have people running around with coats that declare their official title?  Complete with a big SECSECSEC White House patch?  Was he afraid that other doctors wouldn't know who he is?  Why didn't he just wear his silver leaves, since he's at a military facility.

Probably because it would be on brand to do so. A coat so clearly labeled is perfect for:

1. Selling on ebay since his days may be numbered.

2. Displaying at his practice so he can charge extra.

I've mentioned having pneumonia before but I've also had pleurisy and the doctors put me on some steroid but I don't recall which one. Once the awful chest pain went away, our house was so clean you could eat off the bathroom floor. However I think at one point the family was seriously considering changing the locks on the house when I wasn't home. Oh, and once it was gone....whoooo, that stuff really messes with you. I haven't had to take that kind of medicine since, but I'm not missing it.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Dr Ding hasn’t seen a patient in years, much less anyone really sick. 

Potus right now would be a typical floor patient in a normal community setting. Not icu. Not even in a step down unit. He probably wouldn’t have been given remdesivir because he wouldn’t have been seen as worthy of it. 

I thought you were a chiropractor or something.  Pretty amazing to determine what level of care Trump needs without seeing him and all the conflicting info out there.

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

I don’t think he’s ever been un-confused

It might be like that episode of the old comedy "WKRP in Cincinnati", when two DJ's went on the air with a cop and progressively drank more alcohol.  Venus Flytrap got shit-hammered, but Dr. Johnny Fever just sobered up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

They will absolutely threaten Pence by telling him he has to pardon them in order to keep their support.  Then Pence does some quick Math (he's not as stupid as we all makes jokes about him to be) and realizes he can be President for 8.25 years without them.  

I find it strange that most Trumpers are not coming out of the woodwork to say what Trump's cause of death would be, should he unfortunately pass away at Walter Reed.  Since we know we're over-counting Covid-19 deaths...his cause of death would have to be something else.  Any theories from you resident Trump ball-suckers?  He can't officially die from Covid-19, so what's it gonna be?  It can't be anything except accidental, because he's the fittest President in history and is the toughest man with the best work ethic ever.  

So what's y'all's party line gonna be if the worst happens?  Because remember...we only count Covid-19 deaths to make money and scare the public.  Seriously, better start giving your story some thought, 'cause you might need it. 

Medical malpractice.  Too bad tort reform means they get fuck all in  damages.

image.png

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Come on down!

Veggie Pron all over the place 

Edit 

The only thing I can grow are weeds.

24 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

F5E4F5ED-C263-49C2-B8B9-B143CD78003F.jpeg

And unfortunately it's not this weed

Edited by Upgrayedd

49 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Here's another for y'all to shoot down 

Ok. Thanks for linking the Dean of a School of Public Health. 

He said “he would watch closely to see if the President was given dexamethasone.” Bitch, it was a given that he was going to get that. He was hospitalized, therefore he was almost certainly mildly hypoxic at some point.  Thus he was going to get it. This isn’t new info or anything exciting. The fact that this guy states that shows he has no actual hands on experience with this stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I thought you were a chiropractor or something.  Pretty amazing to determine what level of care Trump needs without seeing him and all the conflicting info out there.

In a hospital setting your eyeballs can tell you as much as anything. If someone was in respiratory distress when they filmed a five minute video, someone with experience would be able to tell. When someone looks like shit and they’re very sick you can tell. I get that it’s hard to understand and y’all inherently dislike me, but it’s the truth. 

26 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I miss the late 70s and Franklin Mint selling commemorative crap in silver and bronze for orders of magnitude higher than the metals' worth.

I expected this to be 20 bucks worth of silver jacked up to 100. Then I see that they don't mention silver.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Quick temp check from those following this saga...what’s more likely to you:

1) he’s mostly fine and they’re treating him aggressively as a precaution

2) he’s suffering serious complications

just curious where people’s heads are at currently..

Yes 

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

3) it's way too early to tell.

• Like 1

the WH is acting exactly they way one would think if there was an issue- cautiously

if it was nothing, Trump would be calling people names on twitter from the hospital and posting picks of him eatin McDonalds.

who knows because, you know, they are liars and completely untrustworthy 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Dude, we have zero reliable information on his clinical status. 

Yeah but you don’t know he isn’t doing perfectly. Big burly doctors are looking at him with tears in their eyes saying they’ve never seen anyone breathe like him before.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m not a doctor but my grandpa doctor told me once you don’t just throw a steroid into someone for no good reason. Told me this after I got a steroid shot for allergies that probably wasn’t really necessary. 

Worst flu I ever had was right after a cedar fever steroid shot.  I started feeling shitty as soon as walked out of the doc’s office.  103 temp that night.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You forgot #3. This is all a ruse and he's been totally symptom free from the beginning. They've played it to the hilt and treated just like another reality show production. I really don't think that's really happening, but who of us would be surprised if it was later proven to be true. Not one thing would surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Worst flu I ever had was right after a cedar fever steroid shot.  I started feeling shitty as soon as walked out of the doc’s office.  103 temp that night.

I had my epilepsy start after a steroid shot for cedar allergy too.  Kenalog.  Never again.

2 for me. They're being aggressive and wouldn't do so without a reason. It's also clear the Whitehouse is trying to limit negative information about his condition but what's been allowed to come out still paints a negative picture. His real condition is almost certainly worse than what you can surmise based on what's public. Plus the lack of tweeting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

#2, because if it were truly #1, he would be on Twitter constantly.  Aside from any meetings or rallies or whatnot, the only time he fails to tweet are when he is golfing, or sleeping.

EDIT: He's not even tweeting to refute the Sunday morning shows, which means that either he is in no condition to tweet, or even watch tv.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

My guess is 1.5. He’s got moderate problems, and is bullying the doctors into throwing the kitchen sink at the problem to make it go away as soon as possible.

Outwardly, he’s a pathological liar. Inwardly, he is in pathological denial. The experts might have said (or he might have heard) that if he recovers in a few days, he’ll be one of the many who make it through okay, so his strategy is to put himself through aggressive treatment to make sure he makes that window.

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread