The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, ndawg said:

My guess is 1.5. He’s got moderate problems, and is bullying the doctors into throwing the kitchen sink at the problem to make it go away as soon as possible.

Outwardly, he’s a pathological liar. Inwardly, he is in pathological denial. The experts said is he recovers in a few days, he’ll be one of the many who make it through okay, so his strategy is to put himself through aggressive treatment to make sure he makes that window.

I could see this, but only if he were tweeting up a storm and lashing out to his perceived enemies. I think his silence is deafening.

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Quick temp check from those following this saga...what’s more likely to you:

1) he’s mostly fine and they’re treating him aggressively as a precaution

2) he’s suffering serious complications

just curious where people’s heads are at currently..

#2.  

If it was #1, he'd be rage-tweeting, because it's Sunday, and the Sunday morning shows usually give him a shitload of fodder.  The retweets that are present are basically all campaign-based in some way, which points to Scavino or his campaign guy.

I agree with ndawg. He is a guy who, having way high regard of himself, would ask for every cure, just to be safe. An example is him going into his bunker because of a few peaceful protesters way out there with more security people carrying military hardware between the protesters and himself.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

#2, because if it were truly #1, he would be on Twitter constantly.  Aside from any meetings or rallies or whatnot, the only time he fails to tweet are when he is golfing, or sleeping.

Surprised they haven't been able to keep the tweeting going without him.  Have Miller draft racist tweets, and have someone else trumpify the language. 

His silence could be because, being a narcissist hypochondriac, he is too busy complaining about not getting the service a sick soul needs to worry about the outside world. Anyone who has dealt with a hypochondriac drama queen knows that, having a "legitimate" reason for demanding attention, the patient will completely shutout everything else because the immediate and the near is of the highest urgency.

14 minutes ago, ndawg said:

My guess is 1.5. He’s got moderate problems, and is bullying the doctors into throwing the kitchen sink at the problem to make it go away as soon as possible.

Outwardly, he’s a pathological liar. Inwardly, he is in pathological denial. The experts might have said (or he might have heard) that if he recovers in a few days, he’ll be one of the many who make it through okay, so his strategy is to put himself through aggressive treatment to make sure he makes that window.

I concur

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Surprised they haven't been able to keep the tweeting going without him.  Have Miller draft racist tweets, and have someone else trumpify the language. 

To follow up on this; aside from the few tweets on Friday and Saturday, why isn't he bragging on how great he is doing?  God knows he brags about everything else, whether or not he has anything to do with it.  We all know if he were feeling well, he would have tweeted out 30 or more times on how great he is doing and how he whipped Covid's ass.

Optics are everything, and he knows this.  Which means he might not be able to project the optics he wants, and has to depend on whatever the doctors put out, what a few limited hostage videos show, what Rudy says to Fox, etc.  As it's been said many times, he is his own Press Secretary.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Yeah.. I'm on Team Who the Hell Knows?  

There's no way to know--nobody associated with the man will tell the truth.  They wouldn't have told the public they were sick at all and didn't at their fundraiser despite knowing they had tested positive.  They only way we found out was from a leak.  And if they had no regard for their donors, think where the public rests on that scale.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

To follow up on this; aside from the few tweets on Friday and Saturday, why isn't he bragging on how great he is doing?  God knows he brags about everything else, whether or not he has anything to do with it.  We all know if he were feeling well, he would have tweeted out 30 or more times on how great he is doing and how he whipped Covid's ass.

Optics are everything, and he knows this.  Which means he might not be able to project the optics he wants, and has to depend on whatever the doctors put out, what a few limited hostage videos show, what Rudy says to Fox, etc.  As it's been said many times, he is his own Press Secretary.  

This is where I’m at. If the situation were under control, he would be attempting to control it. I think the situation is out of control.

the caveat here is he is a gigantic pussy. So maybe it isn’t a big deal but he’s scared shitless.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

50 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

In a hospital setting your eyeballs can tell you as much as anything.

So, you're a chiropractor.

If someone was in respiratory distress when they filmed a five minute video, someone with experience would be able to tell. When someone looks like shit and they’re very sick you can tell. I get that it’s hard to understand and y’all inherently dislike me, but it’s the truth. 

The video was edited.  It was not a one take event and could have been spread out over time, giving him a chance to regroup.

We're not going to know anything until tomorrow. If the doctors come out tomorrow early afternoon & say that they're keeping him at WR for more observation then #2 is the choice. Trump Co and the GOP want him back in the WH as soon as possible, even if he's locked away in seclusion.

The question is if/when transport takes place. Will it be Marine One with a public walk? Or transported via vehicle where he's loaded in & out with no cameras to capture?

If there isn't a video him before dinner time tonight then maybe get yer popcorn.

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This seems newsworthy. WH isn’t going to talk about Trump anymore today. 

I imagine that we’ll get another hostage video tweet tonight if he is actually improving.

If not, then he’s in bad shape.

IMO of course. 

I'm with the 1.5 crowd. Despite what his previous doctors have said about his excellent health, who are we kidding? 74, probably not a great ticker, may have had a stroke in November of last year, good chance he has hypertension and/or diabetes or at least elevated levels of unhealthiness in that regard. I don't care if it's me, the uninformed, making that assessment, but if he were a loved one, I'd be worried sick in spite of the top drawer medical treatment to which he has access. They may have gotten whatever in him that they need to have done to stave off a rapid decline, but I don't think he is going to start be-bopping around the golf course any time soon.

The more worrisome bit to me is if it is true that Mr. Can I Haz Security Clearance Super Genius Kushner and his Bride are calling the shots. WE DID NOT ELECT THEM to make these decisions.

Quick temp check from those following this saga...what’s more likely to you:
1) he’s mostly fine and they’re treating him aggressively as a precaution
2) he’s suffering serious complications
just curious where people’s heads are at currently..

I don’t think we know enough. I agree he’s not dying if he’s sitting up and signing his name but then who knows how staged those are. But if he’s able to work then he’s on the phone and tweeting.
  • Like 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I've seen no reports about his family visiting him. Supposedly Meadows and other staff are with him. Someone took the video and took him papers. If my family member was in the hospital, and I could visit, I'd be there all the time. 

They're prepping the pardons for him to sign. Make no mistake, they are going to do to Donald what he did to his father. Take advantage of his health for their own benefit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I've seen no reports about his family visiting him. Supposedly Meadows and other staff are with him. Someone took the video and took him papers. If my family member was in the hospital, and I could visit, I'd be there all the time. 

Counterpoint: if I have a family member I hate that has COVID and doesn’t wear a mask, there’s a zero percent chance I’m visiting them.

• Like 1

So. I was looking at this contact tracing graphic on Fiegl-Deng's account. Couple of questions....

67% are still unknown. Will we find out those, or is that going to stay muted? That's the thing about being untrustworthy; I no longer believe them.

How many of those 235 are quarantining? It's obvious some are not.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The more worrisome bit to me is if it is true that Mr. Can I Haz Security Clearance Super Genius Kushner and his Bride are calling the shots. WE DID NOT ELECT THEM to make these decisions.

First I’m hearing about this, and it had better not be true. Who is in charge of giving pence power?  Who is in charge of determining if trump cannot fulfill duties?  Who is in charge of arresting them that try to illegally use the power of the presidency?

who would tell us if we are watching acting president pence on the campaign trail?

It sure seems like it has to be more serious than not.

COVID is a hoax and Trump is Superman don't fit with a stay at Walter Reed, an experimental combo of heavy duty drugs, and a lack of any tweeting at all. He's be avoiding those things at all costs. This is not 3D chess. This is a moron who ignored basic science and precautions, got sick, and went to the hospital because the WH medical area isn't equipped to deal with an obese dipshit who breathing is fading fast.  

Plus karma never fucks around, and it will be greatest karma ownage of all time if COVID offs him or costs him the election. 

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

George Conway had tweeted this was inaccurate and they were still awaiting results. But I can't find it now so maybe  Claudia got hers first? Also, continues to blow my mind George and Kelly Anne continue to live together.

With covid in their house, they both probably are seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

In a hospital setting your eyeballs can tell you as much as anything. If someone was in respiratory distress when they filmed a five minute video,

The video was edited.  A whole shitload of people pointed out where it was edited, and what tool was used to cover the missing frames (morphing tool).

We are in 2020.  The video editing companies have made their tools easy enough to use for the fuckton of YouTubers with very little formal video editing education.  They are able to do the same effects with a cheap laptop that Dan Scavino or whoever did.  It's not rocket science, and nobody is splicing physical film.  It's about 30 seconds in Adobe Premiere - select the part you want to cut out, apply the morph to the frames on either side of the cut, and it's done.  And you could probably even do it with an iPad or iPhone, given how fancy the tools have gotten.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

In regards to the treatment of Trump, has every card already been played? If things don't improve, or he gets worse, what else is there to give him? I know we can all joke and say HCQ, but it seems like every gun has been fired in his defense, and this is it.

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

In regards to the treatment of Trump, has every card already been played? If things don't improve, or he gets worse, what else is there to give him? I know we can all joke and say HCQ, but it seems like every gun has been fired in his defense, and this is it.

New undies, a lot of apologies, and an awkward exit?

Well, that’s a least what happens to me after I blow my wad so early.

jizz in my pants GIF

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

There's still disinfectant injections and uv light suppositories.

Edit: Have they prescribed thoughts and prayers yet?

Edited by Grade of D as in David
Eta

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

First I’m hearing about this, and it had better not be true. Who is in charge of giving pence power?  Who is in charge of determining if trump cannot fulfill duties?  Who is in charge of arresting them that try to illegally use the power of the presidency?

spacer.png

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread