The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jesus, it's that close?

Don't think so.  YouGov is kind of all over the place from week to week.  

I was actually referring to the fact that they're starting to poll Pence as a Presidential candidate.  That's what will drive Dotard nuts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Don't think so.  YouGov is kind of all over the place from week to week.  

I was actually referring to the fact that they're starting to poll Pence as a Presidential candidate.  That's what will drive Dotard nuts.

And, Pence is not far behind either. Ouch. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

people think that loving their country involves hating their countrymen. 

They’re wrong 

Millions upon millions absolutely hate people they share a country with. I am not fond of the cult members at all. I also think there should be a price for them to pay for actively encouraging and cheering on the destruction of our country, but I don’t hate them. I have gotten to a point where I feel more sad than anything for them that they are so far gone that they act like this.

It is shameful and embarrassing to watch how this cult acts the longer this whole clown show of a presidency goes on. We are a country that has failed itself because of millions and millions getting conned by a broke sheister that played to the lowest form of humanity that was possible. He not only fooled them into believing he was on their side, but he gave them the bird while stealing hundreds of millions of our tax dollars. This guy has less net worth than the homeless guys I will see on the subway tonight and yet his cult stands right by his side. It is sickening to witness.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

That agent’s gown also has at least one tear/rip in it and he’s wearing a mask with a valve which is definitely a no no around a known infected person.

Actually it's the other way around - the valve protects the wearer better than the one without. If Trump were wearing the one with the valve it would be a problem. I could be wrong though but that's what I remember.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

@GRHornis starting to circle the drain on his own lies.  Hey doc, will I be able to play the violin after this procedure?

A lot his takes have been very suspect for a physician of any type.  But there's a lot of brain dead docs in more rural parts of the country.  The fact is in major metro areas with more academic centers those types are usually forced to practice in areas with physician shortages.  I can't count the number of bad surgeons that don't survive in major metro areas and I google them and see them in some total bumblefuck outpost...sad for those patients.  And again, this happens often, but there's obviously exceptions - many go straight to more rural areas to practice, drawn there by higher salaries and loan forgiveness etc. 

Another fun thing to check is opioid scripts.  The docs writing absolute shitton of those are usually rural...pretty sad.  I think when I was in med school the top guy actiq (fentanyl lozenge) in Kansas or Missouri was some podunk doc in Hoisington, KS.  He was top 5 overall in the country and a family practice guy.  Actiq is for shit like end stage cancer pain.  That type of BS is not uncommon. 

• Like 1

Is he DSA? I can’t remember. I think his dad is a psychiatrist if it’s him. I remember because DSA was non-stop with the mental illness angle on me. Quoted flimsy religiously motivated quackery against me on TOS. I don’t recall DSA as a doctor though. If he’s someone else then never mind.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Is he DSA? I can’t remember. I think his dad is a psychiatrist if it’s him. I remember because DSA was non-stop with the mental illness angle on me. Quoted flimsy religiously motivated quackery against me on TOS. I don’t recall DSA as a doctor though. If he’s someone else then never mind.

Posting on hornfans/shaggy/surly is fairly indicative of mental illness.  I don't think one's sexuality/gender/fashion sense even moves the needle.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Actually it's the other way around - the valve protects the wearer better than the one without. If Trump were wearing the one with the valve it would be a problem. I could be wrong though but that's what I remember.

Valves in masks - especially the one that agent has on, which is manufactured for construction projects - is bad.

Anyone around a known infected person should have on a fit tested medical N-95. The fact that freaking Secret Service agents don’t have the proper gear is so terrible I don’t have the words.

And they’re in a hermetically sealed vehicle!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Valves in masks - especially the one that agent has on, which is manufactured for construction projects - is bad.

Anyone around a known infected person should have on a fit tested medical N-95. The fact that freaking Secret Service agents don’t have the proper gear is so terrible I don’t have the words.

And they’re in a hermetically sealed vehicle!

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/certain-type-n95-mask-harm-covid19-spread

The masks protect the wearer but not the others around them. Did a quick google search on this. The SS agents are fine. If Trump were wearing one it would be a problem.

In a broader sense they shouldn't be wearing them to protect others from themselves. 

Edited by The Dog

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Whatever. You pretend to be a wannabe chiropractor living in San Antonio. Meanwhile your an otherwise unemployed alcoholic living in Serbia making 59 cents an hour posting on this board and others. 

Is it snowing in San Antonio yet?

Lulz. Please  tell me nobody would actually pretend to be a f'n chiropractor. 

45 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A lot his takes have been very suspect for a physician of any type.  But there's a lot of brain dead docs in more rural parts of the country.  The fact is in major metro areas with more academic centers those types are usually forced to practice in areas with physician shortages.  I can't count the number of bad surgeons that don't survive in major metro areas and I google them and see them in some total bumblefuck outpost...sad for those patients.  And again, this happens often, but there's obviously exceptions - many go straight to more rural areas to practice, drawn there by higher salaries and loan forgiveness etc. 

Another fun thing to check is opioid scripts.  The docs writing absolute shitton of those are usually rural...pretty sad.  I think when I was in med school the top guy actiq (fentanyl lozenge) in Kansas or Missouri was some podunk doc in Hoisington, KS.  He was top 5 overall in the country and a family practice guy.  Actiq is for shit like end stage cancer pain.  That type of BS is not uncommon. 

What takes have been suspect?

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/certain-type-n95-mask-harm-covid19-spread

The masks protect the wearer but not the others around them. Did a quick google search on this. The SS agents are fine. If Trump were wearing one it would be a problem.

In a broader sense they shouldn't be wearing them to protect others from themselves. 

There’s a bit more to it. Not all of the exhaled air goes through the valve. In my testing, most of the air gets filtered  by going through the mask material.

So dont use a mask with a valve if your infected, or in a sterile environment, or if you’re in close contact at-risk individuals. 

Also keep in mind an N95 with a valve is still going to filter a heck of a lot more air than a cloth mask, true for both inhale and exhale. 

There's always a tweet...

Worded differently to fit current events..

Here's a man(Trump), who is supposed to be fighting all these things, and he can't even breathe without oxygen. Gimme a break!

He can't even keep himself safe, how is he going to keep America safe? Gimme a break!

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Meanwhile, there were 34,000 new cases in the USA today. 

I check this every week or so. We're up to 209,000 deaths in the US. That's the equivalent of obliterating every single citizen in Birmingham, AL. Or Rochester NY. Or Salt Lake City. 

We'll be very close to killing off Irving or Garland by Nov 3 if we keep up the same pace through the election. 

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

Surely the POTUS can survive this if he's getting access to all the primo stuff that average people can't get. It's that madman stuff from the harsh mountains in Germany.

Since he's against "socialized" medicine, I hope he is ready to pay all the costs.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

This just got awkward 

Not yet, but give me a second.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Whatever. You pretend to be a wannabe chiropractor living in San Antonio.

A chiropractor?  Calling a chiropractor a doctor is like calling a fucking Irishman a human being.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not yet, but give me a second.

A chiropractor?  Calling a chiropractor a doctor is like calling a fucking Irishman a human being.

spacer.png

I played basketball on a traveling team in HS.  Hardly any parents went to the out of town tournaments.  The one parent who always went (buzzkill) was a chiropractor.  He watched me land on a guys foot coming down for a rebound, watched my foot bend 90 degrees in the wrong direction, and watched me writhing around in pain for a few minutes thereafter.  He told me that I should come by his office when we got back home because it was a problem with my sciatic nerve and he could fix it.  Lost quite a bit of respect for the chiropractic profession that day.

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I played basketball on a traveling team in HS.  Hardly any parents went to the out of town tournaments.  The one parent who always went (buzzkill) was a chiropractor.  He watched me land on a guys foot coming down for a rebound, watched my foot bend 90 degrees in the wrong direction, and watched me writhing around in pain for a few minutes thereafter.  He told me that I should come by his office when we got back home because it was a problem with my sciatic nerve and he could fix it.  Lost quite a bit of respect for the chiropractic profession that day.

Sciatic nerve?  You know how he was going to access it, right?

spacer.png

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread