The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

20 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I enjoy Dilbert, but I don’t follow the thought processes of Scott Adams. 

People don’t seem (to me) to solely behave in a linear fashion, and Trump has decayed to a point where his empathy has a half-life of a millisecond. 

I always empathize with the guy in the car crash who was driving drunk.

Edited by HenryJames
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Most empathy huh?

If he survives this I expect him to come out and say "I had it and it really wasn't that bad."

I agree. 
“I faced the enemy and won. Sacrificed myself for the economy and you can too!

Go to work!

Go to school!

Own the Libruls!

Person!

Woman!

Man!

Camera!

IV!”

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I know it’s not GR approved, but fucking prednisone will wire you up like a fat rail of Bolivian marching powder.  I gotta think these industrial strength steriods are similar. 

Might that explain his debate performance? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I agree. 
“I faced the enemy and won. Sacrificed myself for the economy and you can too!

Go to work!

Go to school!

Own the Libruls!

Person!

Woman!

Man!

Camera!

IV!”

Yep, I fought it and won will be Trump’s new position.  I hope Joe is practicing 10,000 ways to say:

”Thankfully the President won his battle against covid-19, but the shameful truth is that he didn’t even need to fight it.  If someone competent had been President in January, February and March, we would not be looking at over 200,000 Americans dead from covid-19.  We would be looking at 3000 dead Americans — a number similar to South Korea’s deaths to date adjusting for population.  Winning a battle only necessary because of your incompetence isn’t bravery.  It’s dumb luck.  As you ponder the choice you have before you as to who should be President, ponder this:  How is it that under Donald Trump’s leadership, we could not mount a public health defense against this pandemic at least equal to that of South Korea?  He can give you no acceptable answer to that question.  America deserves better.  And if I am elected to be President, America will get better.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Could it be that he got Dexamethasone which lets him be up and around but he still has a serious case?

This medication prevented me from sleeping for a few days, plus insomnia is a side effect of 'rona - add that to his other obvious sleep disorders/addictions - and the rest of the week is going to be like watching a Hunter S. Thompson book play out on Twitter.

If he doesn't leave the hospital today, it means he's no longer the most powerful man on the planet.  He is either unconscious or Pence takes the reigns.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep, I fought it and won will be Trump’s new position.  I hope Joe is practicing 10,000 ways to say:

”Thankfully the President won his battle against covid-19, but the shameful truth is that he didn’t even need to fight it.  If someone competent had been President in January, February and March, we would not be looking at over 200,000 Americans dead from covid-19.  We would be looking at 3000 dead Americans — a number similar to South Korea’s deaths to date adjusting for population.  Winning a battle only necessary because of your incompetence isn’t bravery.  It’s dumb luck.  As you ponder the choice you have before you as to who should be President, ponder this:  How is it that under Donald Trump’s leadership, we could not mount a public health defense against this pandemic at least equal to that of South Korea?  He can give you no acceptable answer to that question.  America deserves better.  And if I am elected to be President, America will get better.”

Cart before the horse. An obese man in his 70s that has already been on oxygen ain't beating this in 4 days. I think he does beat it, but its gonna be right around election day before he is his old shitty self again. 

And if he does beat it quickly, the message should be about the fact that Trump has access to that level of healthcare while the rest of us are left to die alone in the hallways of hospitals when we catch it.  Even Trumps rich friend that died from it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The National Security advisor (Robert O'Brien) was quoted as saying he is staying, but given the conflicting releases of info, who knows?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Precisely due to the reasons you all suggest-that in a few days, his condition could change rapidly.

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

HOAXers are gonna turn it up to an 11 after Trump got over corona in a weekend. 

Old Trumpy guy in our grocery store this weekend--no mask and staring everybody down. It's a city ordinance, but fewer businesses seem to be willing to enforce it since compliance had gone way up. Idiot world.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ve long known Trump and his admin and support team are, at their absolute best, political neophytes, but what in the world could they have gained by saying telling the world yesterday afternoon that the President could be released as early as Monday?

Saying something as simple as “the President continues to improve and may be able to be released as early as this week” conveys the same message and gives you considerably more latitude. 

Edited by Chet Steadman

6 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

We’ve long known Trump and his admin and support team are, at their absolute best, political neophytes, but what in the world could they have gained by saying telling the world yesterday afternoon that the President could be released as early as Monday?

Saying something as simple as “the President continues to improve and may be able to be released as early as this week” conveys the same message and gives you considerably more latitude. 

Kind of like the virus will be gone by Easter. Monday came from Trump.

22 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I like it but I'm not sure Joe can get through a statement that long without drifting off into the weeds.  

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I know it’s not GR approved, but fucking prednisone will wire you up like a fat rail of Bolivian marching powder.  I gotta think these industrial strength steriods are similar. 

Steroids can pump you up. That’s the talking point today I guess. 

next time I get a medrol dose pack, I need to be reminded to sign over my power of attorney to my wife. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Stock market opens on Monday, not sometime this week.

It's the only thing he cares about, other than himself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Steroids can pump you up. That’s the talking point today I guess. 

next time I get a medrol dose pack, I need to be reminded to sign over my power of attorney to my wife. 

It's like a double negative.  Trumps inherent wild mood swings cancel out the ones produced by the steroid.  

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread