The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

She's also the former president of Planned Parenthood and Baltimore Health Commissioner. 

She's a politician with an MD.

That context helps.  I’ll chime in because this has actually happened.  I’m talking patients hospitalized with covid who insist on violating quarantine.  We had several respiratory/Covid units - thankfully all closed right now.  I’d 100% do the same for Trump.  Unbelievable.  

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Has Meadows already had the virus? He was in close contact with everybody and given how frantic things have been is not taking care of himself. 

If he did, he's probably on his 43rd level iteration of 4D chess, so he's not disclosing.  Wouldn't shock me if he's not getting tested rn.

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

If Christie, Trump, and Barr all get it and don't die, I think we will have to revisit what a comorbidity is.

I’ve said a million times we see more correlation with blood type vs obesity in terms of outcomes.  Most who do poorly have an overwhelming immune response.  Meaning their response to fight the virus is the real issue.  Don’t need to rehash all that but here we are...

• Hook 'Em 4

Dammit Kayleigh, it says right there under the tab labeled “shit not to do when you have been exposed to COVID”...........

”do not give in person press meetings without a mask.”

We’re gonna fucking “Designated Survivor” our own government   

10 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

If Christie, Trump, and Barr all get it and don't die, I think we will have to revisit what a comorbidity is.

What I think we're going to realize is that this disease is literally the perfect disease for 2020 -- we'll find out that the #1 correlation for survivability is "be an evil as hell motherfucker."

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Not an attorney but if you flaunted the rules and even lied about test results then give the virus to someone who ends up dead is there a potential for a criminal charge?  It’s insane if not.  

Many years ago I remember a few cases of HIV+ people knowingly having unprotected sex being charged with something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Many years ago I remember a few cases of HIV+ people knowingly having unprotected sex being charged with something.

Yes I know that’s true and a fact but it involves something that’s a sin by bible thumpers...sex outside of marriage.  This is different for that reason alone - it shouldn’t be, but it is.  

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not an attorney but if you flaunted the rules and even lied about test results then give the virus to someone who ends up dead is there a potential for a criminal charge?  It’s insane if not.  

Not a lawyer, but I read you would have to prove that that actual strain of COVID came from the person you are suing and that they knowingly did something to give it to you 

its practically impossible unless you get them to give your attorney their Med records and got them on tape admitting they wanted to harm you/people

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes I know that’s true and a fact but it involves something that’s a sin by bible thumpers...sex outside of marriage.  This is different for that reason alone - it shouldn’t be, but it is.  

True.  The ones I’m thinking of were long enough ago that HIV was still viewed as a gay thing, so there’s that angle as well.

Chris Christie is worst offender of this recent group to catch COVID. The mf-er flaunts all safety protocol at the Barrett nomination ceremony so it's not difficult to think that this is SOP for him. Then as soon as he tests positive, he runs to the hospital because of potential problems given his other conditions. Now he's wasting hospital resources because he couldn't be a grown up and take care of himself. It's not like he doesn't know he's very obese, has asthma, and who knows what else. 

Perhaps going to the hospital is the right course of action but what that shouldn't remove criticism of him.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I check this every week or so. We're up to 209,000 deaths in the US. That's the equivalent of obliterating every single citizen in Birmingham, AL. Or Rochester NY. Or Salt Lake City. 

We'll be very close to killing off Irving or Garland by Nov 3 if we keep up the same pace through the election. 

Would killing off Garland be a bad thing?

• Hook 'Em 1

No wai...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-presidents-covid-joyride-has-family-divided

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided

The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Chris Christie is worst offender of this recent group to catch COVID. The mf-er flaunts all safety protocol at the Barrett nomination ceremony so it's not difficult to think that this is SOP for him. Then as soon as he tests positive, he runs to the hospital because of potential problems given his other conditions. Now he's wasting hospital resources because he couldn't be a grown up and take care of himself. It's not like he doesn't know he's very obese, has asthma, and who knows what else. 

Perhaps going to the hospital is the right course of action but what that shouldn't remove criticism of him.

Now that all the people around Trump are catching it like dominoes, the odds go up that at least one of them is going to die from it.  Christie might be the favorite right now.

Of course going to the hospital is the right course of action.  But Christie is the type that clearly doesn't give a shit about his own health until its too late, at which point he was always going to start racking up the hospital bills in order to extend his life just a little bit longer.  While there are a lot of people that don't currently have access to "wellness" care, Christie has never been one of those people.  Now he is going to jack up the premiums for everyone on Aetna or UHC or whatever insurer he is using.  He was supposed to be a good little conservative and wait until he is on medicare to become a burden.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’ve said a million times we see more correlation with blood type vs obesity in terms of outcomes.  Most who do poorly have an overwhelming immune response.  Meaning their response to fight the virus is the real issue.  Don’t need to rehash all that but here we are...

And then there's this.  It seems like if a gene from neanderthals puts you at increased risk of a severe response, then our knuckle-dragging neanderthal of a President might be in for a tough fight, no?

Risk of Severe Coronavirus Linked to Neanderthal Genes From 60,000 Years Ago

Long ago, in the south of Europe, modern humans and Neanderthals had at least one encounter that resulted in children. While dalliances between our two species are now well documented, no one could possibly have foreseen how grimly they would impact our world 60,000 years later.

A resulting stretch of Neanderthal DNA spread far through our populations as it was passed down through the generations, even while the Neanderthals themselves became extinct. Around 50 percent of the people in South Asia and 16 percent of people in Europe now carry this length of DNA, which scientists have now linked to the most severe form of COVID-19.

According to the new research, those who have this genetic inheritance are three times more likely to require mechanical ventilation once they contract the virus, explains evolutionary anthropologist Hugo Zeberg from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Germany.

https://www.sciencealert.com/severe-coronavirus-has-been-linked-to-neanderthal-genes-from-60-000-years-ago

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I know it’s not GR approved, but fucking prednisone will wire you up like a fat rail of Bolivian marching powder.  I gotta think these industrial strength steriods are similar. 

This is the truth.  I take this every time my back goes out.  And I actually only take half of the prescribed dose because I enjoy being able to sleep.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

No wai...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-presidents-covid-joyride-has-family-divided

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided

The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.

There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

No wai...

mother of god.

+++

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”

There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said. 

The White House did not immediately respond for comment.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is the truth.  I take this every time my back goes out.  And I actually only take half of the prescribed dose because I enjoy being able to sleep.

I had to take it after an allergic reaction and I thought I was fucked up for life. I was on it for 7 days and hated it.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

And the booger slams hard.  

seriously trumpers, your idol has the adulation requirements of a toddler.  Enjoy the parades actually, your king will be gone in short order.  And then you can get to what I know you can’t wait to get to, taking to the streets with a weapon in the hopes you can intimidate me out of celebrating his defeat.  

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

These people are clowns. Okay sesame street, can we spot the difference?

Risking life to transport President to hospital for medical care - necessary part of job. 

Risking life to transport President around the block to wave at people - lol

The precedent was already set...

Use police and National guard to stop violence and looting - check

Use police and National Guard to break up peaceful protest for politically motivated photo op in front of church - check

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

mother of god.

+++

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”

The White House did not immediately respond for comment.

This is not a bad idea.  We tell Trump he won, set up a fake oval office at Maro Largo and set up a phone that only goes to Ivanka and let him sit there watch TV, tweet and sign fake EOs.  Think of the ratings!

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread