The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Steroids can pump you up. That’s the talking point today I guess. 

next time I get a medrol dose pack, I need to be reminded to sign over my power of attorney to my wife. 

I'm sorry, do you have access to nuclear weapons and the sole and unquestioned ability to use them?

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If the President is not released today (although given his temper tantrum yesterday--and do any of you doubt there was one?) would any of you like to grift some Trumpers with

FREE TRUMP! merchandise?

Lol that would work actually. 

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I'm sorry, do you have access to nuclear weapons and the sole and unquestioned ability to use them?

The funny reality is a President that drinks has more transient episodes where they’re impaired and their faculties could be questioned, than a teetotaler like Trump. If you wanna go down that road. 

Trump can leave the hospital any time he wants to.  I left the hospital once AMA (against medical advice) because they wanted to do thousands of dollars worth of tests and I had shitty insurance at the time that meant it would have been completely out of pocket.  I needed a few stitches.  I did not need an mri and a cat scan.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The funny reality is a President that drinks has more transient episodes where they’re impaired and their faculties could be questioned, than a teetotaler like Trump. If you wanna go down that road. 

Trump is the most lucid and grounded President ever!!!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Lol that would work actually. 

Well, there was serious conversation about taking the football away from Nixon at the end of his presidency, so sure, fire away.

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

My daughter really wanted to go to Trader Joe's with me on Sunday.  She promised to wear a mask and not touch anything inside the store.  The wife and I thought about it, but in the end we decided she still touches her mouth too much in public, even with the mask on.  As a compromise though I took her on a drive through nearby Zilker Park since she loves to watch dogs play fetch.  She sat in the back with her head turned to see the dogs playing with her right hand on the window.  Then I dropped her at home and went to the store solo.  Everybody was happy.  

Every day I see that my President and my 5-yo have a frightening amount in common.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

My daughter really wanted to go to Trader Joe's with me on Sunday.  She promised to wear a mask and not touch anything inside the store.  The wife and I thought about it, but in the end we decided she still touches her mouth too much in public, even with the mask on.  As a compromise though I took her on a drive through nearby Zilker Park since she loves to watch dogs play fetch.  She sat in the back with her head turned to see the dogs playing with her right hand on the window.  Then I dropped her at home and went to the store solo.  Everybody was happy.  

Every day I see that my President and my 5-yo have a frightening amount in common.  

Wasn't expecting that ending to the story. Sounds like you're a good father and glad your kid was happy, but the fact that she can't go to the park or grocery store and this asshole with COVID is going on joyrides possibly infecting others around him doesn't makes it sound like they don't have too much in common. 

Trump was supposed to be in Arizona today at a MAGA rally but presumably that has been cancelled.

What I did notice is that tomorrow evening there is a Trump Event at the WH listed at 7:00 PM CST. I haven't looked at his calendar for the last few days as it was changing due to the situation. Am curious as to whether this is a new thing, i.e. He is risen, or if this was already scheduled and I just hadn't noticed. Stay tuned I guess.

Dr. Leana Wen, an ER physician and CNN medical analyst, tweeted that if Trump were her patient, "in unstable condition + contagious illness, & he suddenly left the hospital to go for a car ride that endangers himself & others: I'd call security to restrain him then perform a psychiatric evaluation to examine his decision-making capacity."

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Dr. Leana Wen, an ER physician and CNN medical analyst, tweeted that if Trump were her patient, "in unstable condition + contagious illness, & he suddenly left the hospital to go for a car ride that endangers himself & others: I'd call security to restrain him then perform a psychiatric evaluation to examine his decision-making capacity."

In other words, he's a Typhoid Moron?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

She's also the former president of Planned Parenthood and Baltimore Health Commissioner. 

She's a politician with an MD.

I'm stealing "Typhoid Moron" for the rest of the week. 

seriously though, he's gonna be Typhoid Martyr if he doesn't stop and listen to medical experts. 

Edited by Lobo

On 10/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

Saw the same thing in miniature today. For whatever reason a park I was taking the family too has a parking lot that reminded me of my days on the west mall. One side apparently a BLM gathering, all wearing masks.

The other side a bunch of Trumpkins with flags and Skynerd blaring. No masks on that crew.

It threatened to put a damper on my mood.

Tapasuck

Apparently it turned violent some time after I left the area.  Couldn't have seen that coming. /s

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/10/04/violence-erupts-at-bend-demonstrations/

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

That squares with the GOP response when criticized for sending American soldiers to a war not clearly benefitting America:

Well, they signed on to follow orders. They knew what they were getting into.

Then they say:

Libs hate the military.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Which means 200K people died and he didn’t care until it impacted him.

its similar to a Republican who "sees the light" when it comes to gay rights, only after they discover their son is gay.

It's bullshit. You cant empathize until it affects you?!

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

That squares with the GOP response when criticized for sending American soldiers to a war not clearly benefitting America:

Well, they signed on to follow orders. They knew what they were getting into.

Then they say:

Libs hate the military.

The Administration has also been deploying a non intervention foreign policy strategy. Perhaps the Secret Service needs to do likewise?

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Nice try ER physician. Her goal if she was practicing would be to get the patient out of her ER as soon as possible, either to the floor or discharged. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Steroids can pump you up. That’s the talking point today I guess. 

next time I get a medrol dose pack, I need to be reminded to sign over my power of attorney to my wife. 

Uhhhh.

David you simple, dense fool.

Drug induced, wild mood swings are a feature and not a bug. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Apparently it turned violent some time after I left the area.  Couldn't have seen that coming. /s

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/10/04/violence-erupts-at-bend-demonstrations/

lulz.  they are just such idiots.

Earlier in the day, police did not take formal action against a different man who was riding a dirt bike without license plates through the parking lot. He popped wheelies near people until he fell over while speeding around a curve, bloodying his elbow. The man was among multiple pro-Trump ralliers openly consuming beer at the park.

Reading how Trump was demanding to leave the hospital because he thinks it makes him look weak. Without knowing more details about his condition, I agree with him. If he's healthy enough to walk to the helicopter on Friday and go for a Sunday ride, I don't think he needs to be in the hospital. It's not like the White House doesn't have facilities to monitor him, and he could be rushed to the hospital within minutes if needed. 

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

lulz.  they are just such idiots.

Oh yeah, if I took pictures it would be exactly what you expect.  Lots of camo, open containers (no enforcement by cops there either), and from what I've read elsewhere the Trumpkins were originally scheduled to be at a different park altogether.  When they found out the BLM activity was going on at this park, they moved to it on purpose.  They want that conflict.   But of course, none of them are racist or anything.

Edit: and again, I dodged most of it as I was honestly just trying to get a damn walk in.  But it was pretty clear that they still have a hate on for wearing masks.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

8 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Oh yeah, if I took pictures it would be exactly what you expect.  Lots of camo, open containers (no enforcement by cops there either), and from what I've read elsewhere the Trumpkins were originally scheduled to be at a different park altogether.  When they found out the BLM activity was going on at this park, they moved to it on purpose.  They want that conflict.   But of course, none of them are racist or anything.

Edit: and again, I dodged most of it as I was honestly just trying to get a damn walk in.  But it was pretty clear that they still have a hate on for wearing masks.

Sorry, I should probably put this on the BLM thread or one of the other cop threads.  But one more comment on it since I brought it up here. 

This is the dude (thread relevance = no mask) that was just given a citation and let go.  They took his gun, but that's it.  

spacer.png

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread