Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

6 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

1. Of course fans tend to notice calls unfavorable to their team as suspect with greater frequency. Put the straw man down. No one here is claiming otherwise.

2. Of course there were procedural penalties on Texas and again no one is arguing otherwise. Curious that OSU including its freshman OL committed zero such penalties.

3. Of course there were two calls Texas declined-- they were calls that didn't hurt OSU, a fact not lost on the refs. They ended up changing nothing.

4. While the other B12 crews that officiated Texas games could be argued to have made errors potentially explained by bias, the real argument from last year is about the OSU/Baylor crew. To argue that they called the game neutrally in the face of the overwhelming statistical and replay evidence to the contrary is the pinnacle of futility. To argue such is either supremely disingenuous or catastrophically fatuous.

5. The league COO is on the record mocking Texas. Just wow.

6. The officials will be biased against us because they are human. I think most will work hard to call a fair game and therefore will not have their thumb heavy enough on the scales to change anything but the closest of contests. If we get the monkey crew, watch out.

The league COO is a KState guy.  That’s why that game is on my watch list for the screw job.   Especially if we are undefeated or in the top ten and in a good position to claim a playoff spot.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Donaghy documentary recently and he said something to the effect that the refs knew the NBA wanted series to go longer (Lakers/Kings game 6; Mavs/Heat 06) and didn't need to be told who to favor.  That it wasn't a coincidence that if refs created the outcomes the league wanted (stars not fouling out, series prolonged, right teams advancing) that refs helping that outcome were rewarded with more high profile opportunities (playoff, all star games, etc.).  

This is the same exact shit.  These assholes are just saying it outloud. It was clear Texas/OU were both getting fucked last year and this year will even be worse.  First time it happens Sark or CDC needs to flat out say something about it and reference what the jackasses in charge of this shit conference have said publicly.

• Hook 'Em 3

2008 Tech game was also quite an exposition in two sets of rules.  The Tech O-line was allowed to do anything they wanted including wrestling moves and they let them get away with it, even when they injured Orakpo.  On top of that, they penalized Texas for holding which was not holding just to drive the point home that the fix was in.  They put the thumbs on the scale for that game.  We still had a chance but, had the game been called correctly, it wouldn't have been close.  
Tech mysteriously wasn't called for holding that game which was an aberration from all their previous games and IIRC the games after that.  

Those Red Raiders were a bunch of damn cheaters. . .
588492e7db4151b64f331325bebcb28f.jpg
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 18

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Is this suppose to be evidence? The penalties not called are on the refs moron. Not on the school. You tech folks really try to live up to the reputation of being idiots…..

And I'd like to see the situation in which  each penalty was called. 

Can we please neg this regard to bolivia already?

Just another TTU NPC like the many spewing nonsense across the interwebs. No meaningful contribution to the board or interest in debating, or even just talking shit, in good faith. Above is the standard NPC manual response when confronted with any fact they can't intellectually process/combat.

Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Deej said:

And I'd like to see the situation in which  each penalty was called. 

IIRC, Texas was called for holding during this game.  Texas Tech did this the entire night.  Brian Orakpo was injured on one of these clothesline plays by Tech.  It is also why their o-line suddenly became ineffective in the bowl game without the B12 officiating fuckery to protect them.  

Glad they will be relegated soon.  Its going to be funny when they have to try to prop themselves up.  Remember those bitchasses tired to file lawsuits to keep Texas in the B12.  

rakheld.jpg?_gl=1*1hdhx18*_ga*NTk2MTc3Mz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

Re: the Yormark comments

"Sports wagering has become a serious problem that threatens the well-being of the student-athlete and the integrity of college sports."  College Sports Betting – NCAA Official Statement.

Athletes are suspended or banned for betting because it calls into question the integrity of the game.  You don't need to show the player influenced the game one way or the other - simply identifying the plausibility of inappropriate influence seems to be sufficient.  Considering the connection between conference leadership and the management of officiating, these comments seem to fall within the same spirit of the sports betting rationale.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

rakheld.jpg?_gl=1*1hdhx18*_ga*NTk2MTc3MzU3LjE2OTI4NDQzMDY.*_ga_2M5GYNY1YS*MTY5Mjg0NDMwNS4xLjAuMTY5Mjg0NDMwOS41Ni4wLjA.&_ga=2.141951990.596643525.1692844306-596177357.1692844306

You see Kindles head looking to the right. That’s what happens when your face mask is pulled. That occurred multiple times that night. That’s not subjective and there’s nothing that should be obstructing the refs view. Terrible.

I wanna say that’s the same crew as Tx-OU that year.
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

Re: the Yormark comments

"Sports wagering has become a serious problem that threatens the well-being of the student-athlete and the integrity of college sports."  College Sports Betting – NCAA Official Statement.

Athletes are suspended or banned for betting because it calls into question the integrity of the game.  You don't need to show the player influenced the game one way or the other - simply identifying the plausibility of inappropriate influence seems to be sufficient.  Considering the connection between conference leadership and the management of officiating, these comments seem to fall within the same spirit of the sports betting rationale.

THIS. RIGHT. FUCKING. HERE. As much as a lot of our new SEC brethren want to call us pussies for complaining about this, when was the last time you heard sankey or slive offer a public opinion about one school over another? And anyone who says they’re only human, why can’t they have an opinion? That’s what the fucking money is for.

Edited by OrangEngr
  • Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

THIS. RIGHT. FUCKING. HERE. As much as a lot of our new SEC brethren want to call us pussies for complaining about this, when was the last time you heard sankey or slive offer a public opinion about one school over another? And anyone who says they’re only human, why can’t they have an opinion? That’s what the fucking money is for.

The Pac12 was basically broken by the exit of USC/UCLA, and still, they did not behave in such a way.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Cross-posting, but this needs to happen.

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know we have connected people on this board.  As a going away present to the conference, can we PLEASE play that video on the jumbotron pregame and then have the PA guy request that the crowd welcome the Commissioner to DKR?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

So while in the B12 didn't Texas always opt to take the road of fairly sharing revenue with the other schools, even though they had the opportunity not to?  Seems that was part of the issue A&M had around the LHN and one of the lamest parts of aggy logic to leave for the SEC.

It would be interesting for someone to run the figures on how the smaller schools would have done financially if UT had opted to take everything it could when offered and not tried to make it as palatable across the board as possible.   

Somebody with a better memory and understanding of all that can hopefully explain this better.  Just sounds to me like those schools remaining in the B12 are angry because their cash cows are moving to greener pastures and they'll be poorer for it.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I still think the game where the Refs will outright try some Okie State 2015 or 2022 like shit will be KState since the next in command in this clown conference is the former KState AD.    But yea, now every game and even our games against Rice and Wyoming will be suspect too where traditionally conference Refs help their own.   If they can influence those games enough to take two or three TDs off the board to make those games look closer in hopes of influencing pollsters, I don’t doubt for a minute they won’t try it.    Thank goodness we will have SEC Refs for the Bama game.     Need we not forget our own fucked us in that game last year.    

The Rig 12 Refs officially got their marching orders today.   I hope DelConte and Sark are going to call a spade a spade because any thoughts of being cordial  on the way out went out the window today with the douche Rig 12 commish.   If it cost us money to call them out in press conference , so be it. I’ll contribute to a fund to cover the fines from this shit bag conference.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

So only the commissioner and his second are actively taking sides and trashing a member institution.   This is normal.  

I’m pretty sure that the commissioner making public statements to a booster group and his second making statements to media, about their animosity to Texas, are just one-offs. There is no reason to think those feelings are ever shared in the conference office in Irving. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So while in the B12 didn't Texas always opt to take the road of fairly sharing revenue with the other schools, even though they had the opportunity not to?  Seems that was part of the issue A&M had around the LHN and one of the lamest parts of aggy logic to leave for the SEC.

It would be interesting for someone to run the figures on how the smaller schools would have done financially if UT had opted to take everything it could when offered and not tried to make it as palatable across the board as possible.   

Somebody with a better memory and understanding of all that can hopefully explain this better.  Just sounds to me like those schools remaining in the B12 are angry because their cash cows are moving to greener pastures and they'll be poorer for it.  

Texas agreed to share the big revenue pie equally. That helped fund the ADs in the other schools. 

Texas kept the small tier 3 pie to itself (note- after offering to develop this with the others in a shared arrangement and being rejected). The conference was unable to find and market enough value in the other schools’ tier 3 to get anything. They bitterly resent Texas for that. That$15 M per year for the LHN- they feel that should be theirs, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska all voted for unequal revenue share throughout their time in the big 12 with regards to t3 rights. I think t1/2 were agreed to be even.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Don’t forget that the second in command also made statements against Texas earlier this year. So that is the top two. And based on the past, I would think it hatred and bias against Texas and moral flexibility were the hiring criteria, competency surely isn’t. Hell the Tim Weiser guy cheated KSU while he was there.

Texas and OUsux should remove all Big 12 logos from the uniforms and stadiums as part of the exit process. Just be cunty as hell back and open as to why. “I am not saying the conference is corrupt or the officials are betting on the games, but it sure seems that way, should be how every interview starts.” Followed by the comments of yomark and weiser.

• Hook 'Em 3