Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

26 minutes ago, Deej said:

There needs to be a way to swap out Big 12 crews for crews from other conferences for our games. They can't be trusted. 

Kind of like the jury swap in The Untouchables. 

Yes!. If the league persists in this fuckery , demand a non B12 crew or you don’t get your exit money. See us at the courthouse!.

The refuckery will cost us a close game, like it has not infrequently in the past, that is intentional harm and tortuous interference with UT Football Inc. Stick it to the league where it hurts, in their purse.

• Hook 'Em 2

Administration error of the spot. No harm done and no time off the clock. I’ve seen games where at like the end of the 1st Qtr, ball spotted on the left hash, they switch fields, and the ball is now placed on the right hash “erroneously”, therefore officials TO and correct it prior to play resuming.

Just saying - it happens, just usually not on the big stage.

Hook’em!!!

Also, I’m trying to read the actual rules and I *think* the deal with not reviewing the spot was correct last night, but a really dumb fucking rule. From what I’ve read, they can only use replay review to determine if a ball carrier made a first down or TD, or to just correct a routine spot in other situations.

That is a stupid rule because 3 yards are 3 yards. For a first down, yards 1-3 are just as important as yards 8-10. It shouldn’t even need a challenge. It should be one of those quick fix things like we see in the NFL now.

The Bog 12 is playing with fire. If someone were to get advance notice that the Mar crew was going to work a Texas game (maybe a relative knows where they’re flying, or someone recognizes Mar at the airport), and then places a really big bet against Texas (knowing the spread is now “off” by seven to ten points) and collects…and talks about it. 

Something like that could destroy the career opportunities of Big XII refs. They may be having a lot of fun now, but they are playing with fire. 

As to the argument that Mar’s crew is just incompetent…in the last three Texas games they’ve worked, how many of their stupid screw ups helped Texas?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I was today years old when I learned that Big 12 referee Kevin Mar, lover of Texas football, is a resident of Omaha Nebraska.

That’s good. I fly into and out of Omaha fairly regularly via DFW. I’m guessing that’s also how Mr. Mar travels to Big 12 destinations. I won’t be shy about speaking to him if I see him. 

• Drool 1

I posted this in the Baylor thread but Baylor's OL is one of the most penalized in the country. They get called for a ton of pre-snap penalties and holds. 

This will be a great week to see if the Big 12 fuckery is truly on. One of the most undisciplined OL's getting no penalties will be a sight to see.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I posted this in the Baylor thread but Baylor's OL is one of the most penalized in the country. They get called for a ton of pre-snap penalties and holds. 

This will be a great week to see if the Big 12 fuckery is truly on. One of the most undisciplined OL's getting no penalties will be a sight to see.  

I'll take the under 

14 minutes ago, cochamps said:

I don't know about pre-snap penalties, but I would take zero on Baylor holding penalties.  😡😡😡

Yeah it's hard to NOT call pre-snap penalties, but if there's any refs in the country that can do it, I have faith in the B12 crews!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not this week.  Not this week.  

• Rage+1 1

I honestly think the ref running after Quinn was a result of him miming the "take off helmet" move.  which as we all know is a 15yard unsportsman.  

I hate the refs, but that ref didnt start moving fast to get into his face until Quinn looked like he might be taking his helmet off, then maybe spiking it (which is also against the rules).

• Like 1

I rewatched the game for whatever reason:

1) The spot was really bad.  The linesman on that side got demolished, but it should have been a better spot regardless.  BTW, it's not a reviewable play, but also, technically, any obvious error with significant game impact can be reviewed.  Basically, it's a judgement call whether to review or not, but we aren't entitled to challenge it.  Taking 5 minutes to decide something is not worth the time to review is so on brand.

2) I'm okay with the non-PI call on Sanders up the seam.  The defender doesn't have to move out of position to provide a clean path to the ball.  It doesn't look like there's any grabbing or excess pushing.  The only thing that bugs me is that we definitely have been and would be called for this.

3) Speaking of which, the DPI call on Brooks(?) bad.  For all the reasons stated above, but there's also barely any contact.  I think this got called because the WR knew he was beat and gave up on the play.  I don't think it was uncatchable, fwiw.  It probably was actually uncatchable, but it was close enough that you don't rule it that way.

4) The Ewers TD thing was definitely the spike,  He didn't really spike it, but he dropped it aggressively enough that it took a big bounce.  It's not uncommon to have refs warn you for things like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I'm okay with the non-PI call on Sanders up the seam.  The defender doesn't have to move out of position to provide a clean path to the ball.  It doesn't look like there's any grabbing or excess pushing.  The only thing that bugs me is that we definitely have been and would be called for this.

That was my take. Sanders didn't have the defender beat well enough to cross his path and get that ball without contact. Whether Sanders didn't quite run his route right or Ewers was off, either way, they weren't in synch.

Of course, DBs get called for PI all the time if they are trailing directly behind and the ball is underthrown unless they get their head turned around to theoretically play the ball. But this was a little different than that. In my opinion, that shouldn't be PI either, but such is how they rule it (unless Texas is the receiver in Rig 12).

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If you're talking about when the ball came out and rolled into the end zone, I think it was a catch and a fumble.  I don't believe he was down when the ball came out.

I think it was clearly a catch, and unclear whether a fumble or down, and should have been looked at. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

The fuckery was still there.

Baylor's first scoring drive on the long pass completion their WR gave our guy a clear shove to get separation. 

Same drive the defensive PI was on an uncatchable ball.

Next quarter a long pass play to inside the 10 clearly wasn't a catch and they didn't even review.

Rig 12 really tried to manufacture yards for Baylor.  Gave them a free pass for holding but only called them on a play where it was going to be declined.  Ignored intentional grounding and some obvious hands to the face.  

This conference sucks, and it's too bad it will 'survive' when we leave. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

If you're talking about when the ball came out and rolled into the end zone, I think it was a catch and a fumble.  I don't believe he was down when the ball came out.

Sark needed to be faster on the timeout. Ford should have also been asking for one. 

I kind of expect one screw job per Big 12 game. At least this one was almost completely inconsequential. 

I also hated the spot on Robertson’s first down run inside the red zone. He’s short 2 maybe 3 yards. So I’m thinking at worst they’ll mark it a yard short. Nope just gave him the first down with a second look. 

• Hook 'Em 1