Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'll never understand hiring somebody like Cushing with baggage when he's nowhere close to being a top-level assistant. 

Right. If you want to outright take the low road, just hire Art Briles. I am not sure aggy can really look more idiotic than they do. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the thought experiment. How many top 10 position coaches/coordinators will A&M have? Currently, maybe DL but I think that's a stretch. 

Texas definitely has a top 10 OC (Sark), a top 10 DC (PK), a top 10 OL coach (Flood), a top 10 DL coach (Davis), a top 10 TE/ST coach (Banks), and a top 10 RB coach (Choice). 

I'd even argue that the list stays the same when you say top 5 position coaches/coordinators.  Offensive playcaller?  Name 2 better ones than Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

A bunch of us said Jimbo was late era Mack Brown when aggy hired him, now we get to watch them do their version of Charlie Strong and Tom Herman, and I am going to enjoy every second of it replete with apt comparisons to their tenures. 

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Just catching up on this thread and the hirings and I'm fucking dying at the continuing similarities. I remember when I had to convince myself Strong and Herman's C-level staffs deserved the benefit of the doubt.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Needs slight photoshop since they're running it all back again.

5b458665c97f6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1600

i think the stadium one below one is infinitely more meme-able, plus i have the lucchese's that he's wearing in that DCTFB cover and don't want to associate them with Jimbo.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

i think the stadium one below one is infinitely more meme-able, plus i have the lucchese's that he's wearing in that DCTFB cover and don't want to associate them with Jimbo.

Why the fuck would you go out of the way to share that with this board? Do you think that you're in the trust tree?  Please resist the urge to tell the rest of us your struggles with erectile dysfunction, ok? Becuase when you tell us that stuff, we have no choice but to basically assume you're also a dwarf who likes to watch your wife get boned. 

All of that being said, if you're about to come into a $76 million dollar windfall over the next few years, I'd humbly beg you to generously target your largesse towards:
https://www.texasonefund.org/donate-monthly

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why the fuck would you go out of the way to share that with this board? Do you think that you're in the trust tree?  Please resist the urge to tell the rest of us your struggles with erectile dysfunction, ok? Becuase when you tell us that stuff, we have no choice but to basically assume you're also a dwarf who likes to watch your wife get boned. 

All of that being said, if you're about to come into a $76 million dollar windfall over the next few years, I'd humbly beg you to generously target your largesse towards:
https://www.texasonefund.org/donate-monthly

Hasan Minhaj Ok GIF by Patriot Act

1 hour ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'd even argue that the list stays the same when you say top 5 position coaches/coordinators.  Offensive playcaller?  Name 2 better ones than Sark. 

Riley for sure. Grubb/Deboer, whoever the fuck is calling plays for UW, would also give him a run for his money. Kiffin. GJ Kinne. Chadwell. I'd have to think about it, but Sarkisian is safely top 10. When you start getting into top 5, I struggle with the guy's bouts of "playcaller's block" that he admits he succumbs to during key periods in some games. I'd probably pick him over all but 2 or 3 guys though, sure. 

• Hook 'Em 4

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Riley for sure. Grubb/Deboer, whoever the fuck is calling plays for UW, would also give him a run for his money. Kiffin. GJ Kinne. Chadwell. I'd have to think about it, but Sarkisian is safely top 10. When you start getting into top 5, I struggle with the guy's bouts of "playcaller's block" that he admits he succumbs to during key periods in some games. I'd probably pick him over all but 2 or 3 guys though, sure. 

Out of all the coaches, Chris Jackson is probably the toughest one to rank. 

I think the top-tier coaches are clear: Sark (OC), PK (DC), Davis (DL), Banks (TE/special teams), Flood (OL), Choice (RB). Then the coaches we aren't sure are great: Gideon (Safeties), Joesph (Corner/Secondary), Milwee (QB). Some might disagree with Milwee here. 

I don't think there's enough data yet on Jackson since Worthy, AD, and Whittington are just naturally good. It's tough to complain about our WRs this year though. They've been really good. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

And Weigman's parents. He's already going to get pummeled in the pocket. Now let's have him carry the ball 10-15 times a game.

Well I’m sure before he is offered the OC position that texag will contact c-weg and ask him about c-kle and his thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Liucci is also apparently saying they've offered the OC job to Klein. 

This is actually a good candidate, but I think someone should let them know he's 0-6 against Texas so they panic and hire someone else 

Also yea with their line, gonna need ALL the QB transfers 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hey Weigman get ready for a lot of this.

Edited by BigHornedLurker

16 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

This is actually a good candidate

Klein's offensive numbers (FEI, ESPN efficiency, etc) aren't bad but I think the style of offense he runs is a terrible fit in Texas. 

He runs the ball a lot and his leading receiver this year is a TE. It's a very old-school offense with some power spread looks mixed in. If you got tired of Herman running Ehlinger into the middle of 300 pound lineman boy just wait for Klein. 

Me personally, I would want a OC that maximizes the shit load of skill talent in Texas. Maybe he changes his offensive approach. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

This is actually a good candidate, but I think someone should let them know he's 0-6 against Texas so they panic and hire someone else 

Also yea with their line, gonna need ALL the QB transfers 

I’m not an expert on him, but my impression is this would be a pretty high floor, low ceiling hire. Maybe Elko assumes he’ll have an elite defense and  that’s what he is looking for. 

Coming from KSU, he’s probably a pretty big question mark as a recruiter.