Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

BTW, Colin Klein still has everything as K-State on his Twitter bio.  LOL, he never tweets so someone is gonna have to remind him. 

Truly a weird situation. I am not sure I have seen someone ashamed to be getting triple the pay raise.

Why does Elko think he's coaching at K State or Iowas St? These are offers and takes that those programs would pursue. 

Is aggy going after these dudes because they don't require NIL $, or does Elko truly believe he can win in the SEC with K State type players?

It's like watching the Titanic going full speed ahead right for the iceberg. You cannot unwatch this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

Chad Simmons: The buzz around Texas A&M is positive coming out of the final weekend

Mike Elko and his staff at Texas A&M had a mix of high school recruits and portal visitors on campus this weekend. On the high school side, Texas A&M commit Tristan Jernigan, along with Tampa Carrollwood Day teammates Anthony Carrie, Solomon Williams and Izaiah Williams were all in College Station for official visits. On3’s Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons shares the latest intel:

4-star LB Tristan Jernigan

The buzz: Nothing has changed. Heading into the visit, I liked where Texas A&M sat with Tristan Jernigan and the buzz remains the same after the visit. Elko and his staff have done an excellent job in connecting with Jernigan and his family over the last couple of weeks. Alabama has not been eliminated, but the Aggies have a good chance and holding on to the four-star linebacker out of Tupelo (Miss.).

4-star EDGE Solomon Williams

The buzz: Solomon Williams was close to committing to Texas A&M a couple of months ago. He has always had the Aggies high on his list, but after a coaching change, things leveled out a bit. Elko came in, he made sure Williams knew he was a priority and Texas A&M once again is trending for the EDGE in Tampa. Alabama is in this, Texas has hung around as well, but with a decision nearing, the Aggies are in a good spot.

4-star WR Izaiah Williams

The buzz: Izaiah Williams took a surprising visit to Texas A&M, and the Aggies are working late to give him something to think about, but the buzz on my end favors Florida, the school he is committed to. Williams has been committed to the Gators since May and he has good relationships with many staffers in Gainesville. Texas A&M got him on campus, they made their presentation, but Williams looks like he will could be tough to flip.

4-star RB Anthony Carrie

The buzz: Texas A&M has jumped in this race late and the Aggies are trending for Anthony Carrie. The former Michigan State commit was expected back in East Lansing this weekend, but instead tripped to College Station. The opportunity to compete for early playing time and playing in the SEC has Texas A&M in a good position heading into Wednesday’s announcement.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Chad Simmons: The buzz around Texas A&M is positive coming out of the final weekend

So the best news they have to report is that they’re giving recruits something to think about?

Edited by Xminus6
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Justin Wells (IT) saying he’s hearing Solomon Williams and Anthony Carrie are going to aggy. 

ATM decided that they had to have a win over Texas and Alabama in recruiting. Apparently the number offered Williams would make anyone hit the pause button. These rubes can’t do anything right. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM decided that they had to have a win over Texas and Alabama in recruiting. Apparently the number offered Williams would make anyone hit the pause button. These rubes can’t do anything right. 

And he'll re-negotiate next year during the portal period. They can't keep 1-upping themselves, surely?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

You'd think what's happening right now might make A&M think that overpaying for guys turns them into mercenaries who will either play without motivation and then ask for more money to stay or take the money and bust their ass to get out of there as soon as they have decent film to show. But that would require thought and foresight. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You'd think what's happening right now might make A&M think that overpaying for guys turns them into mercenaries who will either play without motivation and then ask for more money to stay or take the money and bust their ass to get out of there as soon as they have decent film to show. But that would require thought and foresight. 

It also makes retention harder. If someone is only there for the money, then they're for sale to the highest bidder every year. 

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

That's why aggy should only recruit 3-star players that want to play for A&M. 

When they did that, they spent decades being slightly above average in the B12. 
Now, with the mercenary approach, they are slightly above average in the SEC. 
Advantage: Mercenaries. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Wasn’t there one year when Strong went all in on DL?  I seem to remember him taking like 6 or 7 DL one year. 

2016. Strong signed Jordan Elliott and bunch of bread, and this board proceeded to jerk itself into a frenzy about the prowess of Charlie Strong as a closer and identifier of talent. Dark days

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

2016. Strong signed Jordan Elliott and bunch of bread, and this board proceeded to jerk itself into a frenzy about the prowess of Charlie Strong as a closer and identifier of talent. Dark days

Was that the haul that included Christmas-Giles, Marcell Southall, and Chris Daniels?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ags just offered this 2025 3 star QB from Algona, Iowa. Other main offers are from Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, and...Kansas State.

quick reminder, that Klein still has NO UPDATES on his twitter, uses it about as often as Stan Drayton did (literally, the dates of his last 3 RT/tweets are 4/28/22, 4/19/21, and 4/15/21, his last 2 likes are 6/29/21 and 1/23/23) and has yet to update his bio or anything else about his twitter account

image.png.47b5d4b53d07074c1af42686b3d37d3c.png

good thing the kids aren't using twitter these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

We also got star SDE Malcolm Roach who started for Texas at *checks notes* middle linebacker. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

The fact that Strong with Watson as his OC was able to look remotely attractive to Texas shows just how great Teddy Bridgewater was as a college QB. 

To be fair, it didn't. Maybe it did to Steve Patterson, but fuck that guy. People on shaggy were screaming to the high heavens, and I do not remember a single person defending him. The picture of Watson yelling at Colt in the Big 12 Championship game surfaced almost immediately.

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

To be fair, it didn't. Maybe it did to Steve Patterson, but fuck that guy. People on shaggy were screaming to the high heavens, and I do not remember a single person defending him. The picture of Watson yelling at Colt in the Big 12 Championship game surfaced almost immediately.

Yeah, this was about as bad as the Mike Stoops reaction for Sark. Luckily, Sark reversed course and ended up with Choate. Strong just stubbornly kept moving forward and now we have a new unit of measure for offensive ineptitude. 

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Good post.

It's ironic that the Aggies claimed to have figured out how to use NIL ahead of everyone else, and we'd all have to catch up.  The irony falls in the fact that A&M has bumbled into providing a clear lesson in the ways a program can go wrong.

They spent ungodly tons of money on the stadium, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities, hiring Jimbo then throwing bags of the stuff to players. The initial spending convinced them that they were endlessly rich. How much they spent proved how much they had. Therefore, the more they spent, the more they thought they had.

These are Aggies, after all. 

Now, it's pretty clear that the reservoirs are pretty low. Maybe they should just recognize that, conserve expenditures for awhile, let the reserves build up again, and work on building different culture. Short term pain for longer term gain. But what do I know?

Also, it doesn't matter what the wisest course of action is because the Aggies are sure to not take that course. Their Plan 2024 has blown up like the bomb in that guy's ass in Man On Fire. Still, they are desperate to keep up the appearance of being a big shot in the SEC Hermandad. 

Burton described their situation perfectly; they're little cabin in the path of the massive avalanche.

Before Mt. St. Helen's erupted back in the 1980s, there was this old guy named Harry Truman (really) who lived in a scenic cabin in the blast zone. He refused to evacuate. "I lived here for 50 years and it's never blown."

He and his cabin were buried under 40 feet of mud.

I think this is a picture from that year:

spacer.png

Tarantino-Dorks.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AugieBall said:

We also got star SDE Malcolm Roach who started for Texas at *checks notes* middle linebacker. 

This was so infuriating. Roach was really good! It was actually a good eval! And then we played him laughably out of position for almost his entire time here.

He still made it to the league though, as a DT of course, which is where he should’ve been here.

• Rage+1 1

So...Klein is still in KState's official website and not in aggy's.

Klein still here. https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster-coaches

Not here. Only Jumbo and Moffitt are listed. https://12thman.com/sports/football/coaches/2024

Could Klein be looking at the aggy remaining players and the portal pick ups and be thinking, "why is the aggy roster looking exactly like the dudes I'm supposed to be leaving? I can't win shit with these scrubs. Fuck this shit."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Can I offer an opinion? Feel free to disagree, but if you do, please tell me where I’m off. 

To me, this idea that the SEC is only for a certain type of (superior) athlete is overblown. To me, the big difference between the SEC play and the B12 play is that the SEC lines are bigger. (The B10’s are, too). That means SEC games are more physical. A guy like Duggan can steal a game against a great Michigan team by balling out and running 15 times (like Gabriel did to Texas), but he can’t do that two weeks in a row (like Gabriel couldn’t). 

Yes, the SEC has more elite talents, but the Big 12 has more elite coaching. Play a season out, between the two leagues, and the B12 teams will do better in the early season games, and worse in the later. 

In the CFP, I expect B12 teams to win their share of first round games, and not very many later round games. I expect the semifinals (and maybe most of the quarter finals) to be SEC and B10 teams. 

Being in the SEC doesn’t make an athlete elite, any more than being in an oven would make you a biscuit. There are just more elite athletes in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

So...Klein is still in KState's official website and not in aggy's.

Klein still here. https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster-coaches

Not here. Only Jumbo and Moffitt are listed. https://12thman.com/sports/football/coaches/2024

Could Klein be looking at the aggy remaining players and the portal pick ups and be thinking, "why is the aggy roster looking exactly like the dudes I'm supposed to be leaving? I can't win shit with these scrubs. Fuck this shit."

This is one of the strangest little twists in the 2023 aggy corching saga. I could see him not updating his Twitter bio (what HS kid actually uses Twitter anymore?). I could see KState not updating their webpage because they’re busy with other things. But no updating of either school’s webpages, plus radio silence from Klein?  
<thingsthatmakeyougohmmm.gif>

4 hours ago, NoName said:

quick reminder, that Klein still has NO UPDATES on his twitter, uses it about as often as Stan Drayton did (literally, the dates of his last 3 RT/tweets are 4/28/22, 4/19/21, and 4/15/21, his last 2 likes are 6/29/21 and 1/23/23) and has yet to update his bio or anything else about his twitter account

image.png.47b5d4b53d07074c1af42686b3d37d3c.png

good thing the kids aren't using twitter these days.

Twitter lol. Collin Klein it crootin kids on TikTok. His dances are 🔥

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nnm said:

This is one of the strangest little twists in the 2023 aggy corching saga. I could see him not updating his Twitter bio (what HS kid actually uses Twitter anymore?). I could see KState not updating their webpage because they’re busy with other things. But no updating of either school’s webpages, plus radio silence from Klein?  
<thingsthatmakeyougohmmm.gif>

Maybe Klein is pulling out and going to Syracuse instead. Another win for E-Rob 

• Haha 1