Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Per Allen Miller of The Eagle:

Texas A&M has formed a 7-person committee to conduct a national AD search. The committee includes A&M baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle and WBB coach Joni Taylor. A&M officials say the hope is to identify a new AD within 4-6 weeks:

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-forms-7-member-committee-to-conduct-national-ad-search/article_1db0172a-bbae-11ee-8b79-afdfa9345c0d.html

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Having a group of employees get together to decide who their next boss is going to be is certainly a choice...

My thoughts exactly. It's gonna be who they can get a raise out of easiest, not who will be best for the university. weird decision for sure

On 1/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, BornAndRaised said:

Per Allen Miller of The Eagle:

Texas A&M has formed a 7-dwarf committee to conduct a national AD search. The committee includes A&M baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle and WBB coach Joni Taylor. A&M officials say the hope is to identify a new AD within 4-6 weeks:

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-forms-7-member-committee-to-conduct-national-ad-search/article_1db0172a-bbae-11ee-8b79-afdfa9345c0d.html

Happy, Doc, Grumpy, Dopey (Loochi), Bashful, Sleepy, and Sneezy 

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:25 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Having a group of employees get together to decide who their next boss is going to be is certainly a choice...

As far as I can tell it's all just a crap shoot anyway.  The cheap group with Shlossnagel has just as good a chance of picking a superior AD as some consultants or whatever.

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

As far as I can tell it's all just a crap shoot anyway.  The cheap group with Shlossnagel has just as good a chance of picking a superior AD as some consultants or whatever.

If it’s truly a crapshoot why has it been 85 years? Agree to disagree, sir. 

44 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Doesn’t Schloss have a season to prepare for, during this 4-6 week window? I think I would’ve left him out, except for informing him of the “short list.”

Hook’em!!!

There is a lot about this that can only make sense to an aggy brain.

Like, why hire an interim AD when the sitting AD is here for five more months and you have publicly said you expect the search committee to be done well in advance of that?

Edited by TrashMaster G

Aggie 247, on Terry Bussey.

image.thumb.png.831a899d244c9ea329a0b054c694509a.png

Latest on five-star Texas A&M commit Terry Bussey

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

Spoiler

Latest on five-star Texas A&M commit Terry Bussey

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

National Signing Day is just over a week away and the Aggies are looking to put the finishing touches on the 2024 class.

There are only three unsigned five-stars in the 2024 class and one of them is Timpson athlete Terry Bussey.

The elite two-way player has been committed to Texas A&M in late September but opted not to sign as a result of the coaching changes in College Station. So where do things stand with National Signing Day just over a week away?

Georgia has made a late push for Bussey over the past few weeks with Donte Williams and Travaris Robinson leading the charge along with Kirby Smart. This past weekend, Bussey took an official visit to Athens and it does sound like the Bulldogs left a strong impression. Smart is expected to have an in-home visit with Bussey later this week as well before he leaves for his A&M visit.

Bussey still has a few visits on the calendar as he will visit LSU on Wednesday for an unofficial visit before heading to A&M over the weekend for an official visit. Brian Kelly is also expected to use his in-home visit this week as well as the Tigers look to make a late push. 

The new A&M staff led by Ishmael Aristide and Mike Elko has done a nice job to this point building a relationship but the official visit is going to be a very important for the A&M staff. Elko and the A&M staff put together what by all accounts was an impressive in-home visit last week and getting the last word with him could be important but continuing to solidify those relationships when he is in College Station will be key. 

Bussey told 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong he plans to announce his decision next week right before he signs.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had never heard of this Andrew Hattersley fellow before. And lets be honest….that name does not sound very aggy. Sounds a bit more like a poncey, limey-fruit foreign sort of name. It would be so much cooler if we called him “Hatt” instead. 

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

“Coach, I heard it was chicken fried steak day at the cafeteria. How was it?”

DD409BC1-80A3-4CF7-8145-49F12786A6AF.thumb.jpeg.25491d59f90eb3a1c6ec3daaa8cd22f5.jpeg

i really really really want to know why they have him wearing what appears to be walmart branded A&M gear at every opportunity. it just looks so cheap.

also it looks like he is wearing dockers purchased at the same walmart. at least can someone get this guy, who is making a base salary of $7 million dollars, some kind of tech pants or the lululemon ABC pants that don't wrinkle at the first opportunity?

this guy is the coaching embodiment of Geoff Ketchum - "how shitty can i look at every opportunity?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

i really really really want to know why they have him wearing what appears to be walmart branded A&M gear at every opportunity. it just looks so cheap.

also it looks like he is wearing dockers purchased at the same walmart. at least can someone get this guy, who is making a base salary of $7 million dollars, some kind of tech pants or the lululemon ABC pants that don't wrinkle at the first opportunity?

this guy is the coaching embodiment of Geoff Ketchum - "how shitty can i look at every opportunity?"

I don't care that he's fat, and the jokes about it get tired.

Just like you, I don't understand how somebody in PR or maybe even his wife keep him from being such a slob. He can afford to have clothes fitted to him. He looks like he should be sitting with Liucci in the Dixie Chicken digging in their pockets and wallets to see if they have enough money to pay the check.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NoName said:

Not sure if rhetorical.

If he did anything you suggested he wouldn't look as aggy.

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't care that he's fat, and the jokes about it get tired.

Just like you, I don't understand how somebody in PR or maybe even his wife keep him from being such a slob. He can afford to have clothes fitted to him. He looks like he should be sitting with Liucci in the Dixie Chicken digging in their pockets and wallets to see if they have enough money to pay the check.

Fat jokes will never get tired. Just like we never tired of calling Jimbo short. Or Stoops hungry for phalluses. 

rude-hangover.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

He has somehow managed to make Jimbo's homeless hair and stained wifebeater on recruit visits look chic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The gomers finally got someone fully on brand and y'all keep shitting on it.

From the inside you can't explain it and from the outside it doesn't make sense #whoop

Just scan the “tackle box” on game day and you’ll see that The Elk fits right into the aggy mantra. Fat people wearing Walmart branded shit!

Hook’em!!!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Has he done a top players like the old 44? A quick Google says no to the 44 but he may have renamed it?

You're killing me, Mark.

There's a subtle hint in the title of the thread ...  

image.thumb.png.76e7ecf948bc276e929894b958362c06.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, NoName said:

The "turdition" of embarrassing the whole freaking state continues. 

• Hook 'Em 2