#DEFUND LHB

927 E. 41st

This weekend was the first game I've been to without the LHB. I didn't miss them at all. Why not have halftimes in Austin Super Bowl style. Surely the "Live Music Capital" can find a band for 6 halftimes every year. 

Give the money spent on uniforms and band scholarships to a food bank. They don't want to play "the Eyes" anymore, and haven't we all skipped enough half time shows?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m generally in one of the clubs drinking or in the John pissing. 

I do that sometimes, but I've tried to see at least some of it at games I attend.

I respect all of the work that goes into it, but it doesn't even seem like they are into it anymore so why not have local bands at half time. 

Edited by 927 E. 41st

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yes, let's just make college football more and more and more like the NFL.  That's just a fantastic idea!!  

Fucking idiots....

Subcontract prairie view A&M band with money saved. Win/win because we’re promoting southern black bands. We will get better in game music and far far superior halftime shows. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Subcontract prairie view A&M band with money saved. Win/win because we’re promoting southern black bands. We will get better in game music and far far superior halftime shows. 

I could get into this.  maybe at least have them show up for one of the early season games.

Halftime shows are boring, I agree, but that's in general. The band marching down San Jac before the game? I'm down. That shit hypes me up. Sitting behind the band at TX-OU 2 years ago? I actually enjoyed it, hearing our band play Our fight song after picking off Kyler Murray and scoring a TD? That shit was tight as fuck. My favorite part of the highlights was seeing the band go crazy as Sam punched touchdowns in and flashed the HookEm. If we ever make it to a national championship again, you're God-damned right I want the band announcing our fucking presence in a March to the stadium. 

TL;DR: Kiss my ass. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

LHB alumni here. Playing June 27 during the VY era was the most recent height of LHB. That and actual entertaining half-time shows. Amorphous sets on the field are...meh. Cacking down on the trombones playing BoneTell in all four corners of the stadium for alumni day is sad, too. We need to loosen up and fun needs to resurrect.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, MadTrapper said:

LHB alumni here. Playing June 27 during the VY era was the most recent height of LHB. That and actual entertaining half-time shows. Amorphous sets on the field are...meh. Cacking down on the trombones playing BoneTell in all four corners of the stadium for alumni day is sad, too. We need to loosen up and fun needs to resurrect.

bruh that is drippy is there video of this moment?

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, MadTrapper said:

We played a few more, Gold Digger, Shine On? and one more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Get woke go broke!  Definitely don’t win with this bullshit that’s for sure.  I’m down with the band blasting DJ Screw though.  Or maybe some Sauce Walka.

This would be so sick for a marching band to cover. Surprised there isn't a video of a band attempting it, but it's not the most tasteful song I guess.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Este. For the most part, the LHB stopped being entertaining many moons ago...imho. It's not on the band members. The band needs new direction imho.

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I helped organize a Greeks vs independents football game years ago. Halftime entertainment was a Frisbee catching dog. His owner just charged a nickel bag of weed and the fans stayed glued to their seats 

How many years ago because I haven't heard anyone call it a dime bag, like ever.

I think we just need a new band director. Current one sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's the best idea I've heard on this site in a while.

But y'all do know what will happen if Belmont gets to change halftime, right? I hope you're excited about Halftime Presented by Yeti featuring Cardi B and Tim McGraw.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

I think the eyes will blow over eventually. The band is stubborn, but they generally do what they're told. This may be different as it's dealing with social justice issues instead of being told not to yell "OU can lick my balls" but I think it'll blow over eventually. You'd also have to change every song because almost every song they play has a variation of the eyes in it

I think the eyes will blow over eventually. The band is stubborn, but they generally do what they're told. This may be different as it's dealing with social justice issues instead of being told not to yell "OU can lick my balls" but I think it'll blow over eventually. You'd also have to change every song because almost every song they play has a variation of the eyes in it
It's not all of LHB, just some it seems.

UT Detroit, Strong Eyes, Calypso, March of the Longhorns.
I'm sure I'm missing one or two but two of those are played during pregame. Calypso sometimes gets played in the stands. UT Detroit usually gets played once in the stands. Strong Eyes usually gets played seen defense gets to third down (lol).