Okie state up next on Halloween

markstanco

3-7 in the last 10 years against OSU.  We were 13-1 before that, between the start of Big XII play and 2010.  

Pretty amazing evidence of gross complacency.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, only went to one game in Stillwater and that was in 2016.  We lost an ugly game and I hate the state of Oklahoma more than even most on this site.  But their fans were cool and we had a good time other than the second half.  We got a disturbing alert about our SWA plane not being able to take off from Stillwater, despite having landed there, and I am scared of flying.  so we had to ride to OKC to get a flight home to Austin.  But I was comforted by the fact that I knew this coaching debacle would eventually cost Strong his job and usher in a new era of Longhorn greatness.  Still waiting on the coaching greatness.  Still waiting on my flight home.  

OSU should face rape Texas. I don't see this game even being close as Gundy has to win big if he hopes to sneak OSU into playoffs (assuming he doesn't shit bed vs OU as he does every year).
Herman sucks ass, this team is not good, it all falls apart on Saturday night.

You’re just flat out wrong here.

Game is in the afternoon.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

For some reason, Herman seems to be able to get the team ready for games like this. I don't bet on sports, but if I did this is the kind of game I'd stay far away from. It would not surprise me at all if we win and look good doing it, based on the rollercoaster our team can be.

That said, I'm not sure Herman hasn't lost this team, and if he has we will be beaten soundly. We didn't look lost against Baylor, but Baylor should be really, really bad. You just don't learn much from that.

If we do happen to win, I expect to lose to wvu the following week, because the next time Herman's team delivers two impressive back to back games might be the first.

Uhh... we looked pretty fucking lost. Outside of like a couple drives and some plays on defense that Lake Travis could have probably made.
I saw nothing in the game to tell me we've given up trying, but Baylor wasn't really the team to expose that if we have.

We didn't look great, but we didn't need to, and Tom's teams never give great effort in games like that.

Historically they have in games like osu, so I think if we want to know if they're still bought in, this game will be a much more clear signal than a very overmatched Baylor team.

In Gundy’s presser this week, at the end, he was asked what the Texas series means to his program since they’ve won 7/10.  His answer was that “somebody” decided that Texas has the most talented roster whereas not one player on his roster had a Texas offer.  That’s probably bullshit, but clearly that’s his spiel to his team for this game.  You were not even offered by them.  They passed you up for someone else.  You are going to show them why they were wrong.  

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

In Gundy’s presser this week, at the end, he was asked what the Texas series means to his program since they’ve won 7/10.  His answer was that “somebody” decided that Texas has the most talented roster whereas not one player on his roster had a Texas offer.  That’s probably bullshit, but clearly that’s his spiel to his team for this game.  You were not even offered by them.  They passed you up for someone else.  You are going to show them why they were wrong.  

Yeah that shit matters for the first couple snaps. A big game is a big game.  Both teams will be dialed in.   I haven’t seen Texas play a game with their ass on fire yet.  Too many mistakes.  

Maybe it happens this week and if so Texas has a good shot of winning and winning convincingly ... if not, then it’s probably not going to happen this year.  

• Like 1

Watching the Rapelor game now, thank God Jamison wasn't suspended for that normal hit. Baylor had helmet to helmet and lead with helmet shots on Sam all game and they never called that targeting.

I feel like this officiating crew did a great job (for once), I didn't notice them the whole game.

Praying for the same on Saturday.

Just now, Zeus said:

Watching the Rapelor game now, thank God Jamison wasn't suspended for that normal hit. Baylor had helmet to helmet and lead with helmet shots on Sam all game and they never called that targeting.

I feel like this officiating crew did a great job (for once), I didn't notice them the whole game.

Praying for the same on Saturday.

Pickens is dead, so that should help.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah that shit matters for the first couple snaps. A big game is a big game.  Both teams will be dialed in.   I haven’t seen Texas play a game with their ass on fire yet.  Too many mistakes.  
Maybe it happens this week and if so Texas has a good shot of winning and winning convincingly ... if not, then it’s probably not going to happen this year.  
Apathy and what not.

My guess is they will play hard but at the end of the 4th coaching will take over. Okie state by 10ish.

• immamac changed the title to Okie state up next on Halloween

I’m afraid we could play our best, limit turnovers & personal fouls, Herman doesn’t screw things up too bad, and we still lose. 

A look at the stats, it’s an upside-down world, especially for the Cowboys:
Texas total offense, #18; Okie St, #40;
Texas total defense, #43; Okie St, #19.

We’re even better than the Cowboys in turnover margin. We already know the bad news: Texas’ penalties, #87 (of 101). 

On offense, I would feel much better if our running game wasn’t so spotty (#43). I realize Sam could get himself killed running too much, but we need him to do that. Their pass D has been solid (#16). We already know our pass D hasn’t been great (#68), yes, we’ve already played Okla. (#7 passing)  & Tech (#24 passing). TCU (#31).

I wish I could believe we get a couple of stops on D, win the turnover battle, Sam moves the chains, and we don’t shoot ourself in the foot with penalties. Alas, I don’t think this Texas team can pull it all off in one game. Obviously, I hope I’m wrong. 

I just get the feeling that this is the type of game that Herman wins. Not sure why I'm optimistic, but really won't shock me if we win. Maybe because it feels like a win/win situation.

We win, great!

We lose and Herman is done, great!

Sam, will win this game.

9 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

i fully expect an embarrassment 

this.  I think Sanders is going to Kyler Murray our shitty ass slow defense to death when we try to stop hubbard.  fuck, crappy QB's and RB's have already pussy pounded us.

the only way it is close is if OSU's D can't get a pass rush which is unlikely given the shittiness of our OL.

Herman has only lost 3 games at Texas by double digits

1) We arent nearly as bad as people think we are. We are a bad team but not completely shitty
2) OSU is extremely overrated.
3) We are the underdog

At the very least, itll be a good game
You're right that we generally have close, competitive games.

The biggest gripe is that they're close and competitive whether they should be or not.

LSU last season = totally justifiable. They were a great team, and we were their 2005 ohio state. May have given them their toughest game of the year (easily could've won without an Ingram td drop and some Todd Orlando dumbfuckery).

Kansas last season = complete lack of focus and preparation. Unless teams are at an extreme talent disadvantage (utep, rice) we rarely look dominant. If we're capable of going head to head with that lsu team for four quarters, we're more than capable of beating kansas by more than two points, but we weren't prepared or focused.

What team will show up Saturday? Hell if I know. This year's team feels more fundamentally weak at important positions (oline, wr) for me to think we'll make it a good game, but I never know what to expect out of Herman's teams. I know that we'll lose again, probably more than once, the only question is will it be to the predictable teams like osu or isu, or will we win those and lose a head scratcher to Kansas.

I look forward to seeing what idiotic personal foul penalty our OL comes up with this time. With Kerstetter setting the tone for them with his amazing leadership in stupid penalties I am sure they will come at the most inopportune time and end up contributing to the loss.

This game will be a loss due to really poor OL play and bad penalties they love to tack on. A terrible Special Teams play (shanked punt, blocked punt, ill advised punt return etc) & then you tack on this guy calling plays and Texas is losing this game on the road.

35 Famous Cartoon Characters with Glasses

I look forward to seeing what idiotic personal foul penalty our OL comes up with this time. With Kerstetter setting the tone for them with his amazing leadership in stupid penalties I am sure they will come at the most inopportune time and end up contributing to the loss.
This game will be a loss due to really poor OL play and bad penalties they love to tack on. A terrible Special Teams play (shanked punt, blocked punt, ill advised punt return etc) & then you tack on this guy calling plays and Texas is losing this game on the road.
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZarR2KDxXGhdXEp-PNjvC7qsL5XVRCdfyVg&usqp=CAU
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Kerstetter just pulls out a flame thrower and starts lighting people up after a play.

Herman will call it an effort penalty.

11 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Our poorly coached JAG WR’s won’t be able to get open. Rest of their D will tee off on our shitty run schemes and dysfunctional O line.  We won’t be able to move the ball as Herman spends 3.75 qtrs trying to establish the run.

After which he will go with bubble screens

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Which should tell you something I learned long ago........recruiting rankings are fucking stupid.

Alabama, tOSU, and Clemson are always in the top 5.  Their record speaks loudly.  Still have to have a competent coach to follow through though. 

12 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Obviously that's a bunch of coach speak type crap, but I was curious to see so I just looked it up.... I went back and looked at OSU's top 5 highest rated recruits each year through the 2016 class, and only found three players who Texas offered, two of which aren't on the team any more:

• Grayson Boomer (TE from Claremore, OK) - played at the start of last season, blew out his ACL and transferred to Tulsa
  • CJ Moore (WR from Tulsa, OK) - transferred to Washington State after playing sparingly for a few years
  • Deondrick Glass (RB from Katy, TX) - still on roster but not on depth chart

So we do have one player on the roster (as far as I can tell) who was offered by Texas. :) 

I did notice (but didn't remember) that Tylan Wallace and Spencer Sanders were our two highest rated recruits in 2016 and 2017, respectively, and neither got a Texas offer.  Sanders is kind of understandable since (I think) Sam had just taken over as starter, but I was kind of surprised Wallace wasn't offered. Everyone offered him, including OU.

14 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I'm pretty sure that every team with a lot of Texas players (except for OU) have the exact same motivational technique. It's true that many of the kids that end up at OSU or KSU or Tech or Baylor or even Arkansas would have loved an offer from Texas and have a chip on their shoulder for being left out. When you are a mid-tier program you need to use whatever motivation you can when facing a blueblood.