the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I think the tape was released by somebody in the White House. It sounds like the recording was made on that end. The Georgia boys are clearly on the phone and it sounds like dotard is not on the phone, meaning we’re hearing his voice in a microphone. It doesn’t sound like it’s coming over phone lines

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump ordered the release himself.

Trump: "Release it, it makes me look good!"

Random WH brown noser: "uh Mr. President maybe that's not such a good idea"

Trump: "Who are you to question me, release it!"

Random WH brown noser: "Yes sir! Great idea!"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. He and his people are going to key in on the part about Georgia not being legally able to release all of its data. In his dumbass mind, that's a "Gotcha!" moment.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. He and his people are going to key in on the part about Georgia not being legally able to release all of its data. In his dumbass mind, that's a "Gotcha!" moment.

In a rare moment of actual insight, he once said he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue (paraphrasing) and not lose any support. For Trump supporters, it’s a positive that POTUS is trying to intimidate state officials to void election results.

I am dead serious when I write that he could announce that he’s using the military to install himself as President for life and outlaw the Democratic Party. At least 50 percent of polled Republicans and up to a third of R legislators would offer enthusiastic support. 

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In a rare moment of actual insight, he once said he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue (paraphrasing) and not lose any support. For Trump supporters, it’s a positive that POTUS is trying to intimidate state officials to void election results.

I am dead serious when I write that he could announce that he’s using the military to install himself as President for life and outlaw the Democratic Party. At least 50 percent of polled Republicans and up to a third of R legislators would offer enthusiastic support. 

In for a penny, in for treason 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

we know dude, this is our concern

Lulz.  Trump gonna get fucked again RE: lawsuit against Georgia SOS

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/georgia-recording-law#:~:text=Georgia's wiretapping law is a,party to the conversation consents.

Georgia's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law for purposes of making audio recordings of conversations. Georgia makes it a crime to secretly record a phone call or in-person conversation "originat[ing] in any private place" unless one party to the conversation consents. See Ga. Code §§ 16-11-62(1), 16-11-66 (link is to the entire code; you need to click through to Title 16, Chapter 11, Article 3, Part I, and then choose the specific provisions). Therefore, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should play it safe and get the consent of all parties.

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It is way beyond time to start disciplining the lawyers who file this crap.

This reads like they filed suit on 1/3 and are saying the call recorded on 1/2 is illegal because it has to do with the pending litigation that they filed after the recording happened and was released. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

This reads like they filed suit on 1/3 and are saying the call recorded on 1/2 is illegal because it has to do with the pending litigation that they filed after the recording happened and was released. 

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  But trump filed many suits and lost nearly all of them, including the suits in Georgia.  And even if there was an active suit to "settle," telling the other side to fabricate evidence or you'll go after them isn't in any way shape or form a "settlement discussion."  Hell, even if someone somewhere thinks this is a settlement discussion, that doesn't make it better.  it's not exactly legal to sue someone and then offer to settle with them if they fabricate evidence.  It doesn't matter what litigation was or was not filed---this is illegal.  And any attorney involved in this also committed election crimes.  And anyone stupid enough to file suit as trump's lawyers said he did, should be disbarred.

I’ve garnered some respect for Raffensberger through this, but forget this “respectfully.” Try this on:
Mr. President, you are lying.
Trump is effectively the CEO of the Republican party, at least for a couple more weeks.

Say that to your CEO and let us know how it goes. I loathe Trump and have no problem with how Raffensberger handles that call. He was not wishy washy, and he was not vague. His only transgression was being respectful to the President.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Trump is effectively the CEO of the Republican party, at least for a couple more weeks.

Say that to your CEO and let us know how it goes. I loathe Trump and have no problem with how Raffensberger handles that call. He was not wishy washy, and he was not vague. His only transgression was being respectful to the President.

1. The President is defaming his character and being astoundingly disrespectful.

2. The CEO analogy is really terrible. It might fit in a parliamentary system where party heads control party lists and wield a lot of power over membership, but it our system it’s not even close. Especially since BR is a state official. Trump didn’t hire him, can’t fire him, and can’t have him removed from the party. 

There’s something to be said for traditional American deferment and respect for the office of POTUS. At this point it’s time to rediscover our more radical democratic attitude towards elected officials who prove themselves completely unworthy of our trust and confidence and call spades spades.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I think the tape was released by somebody in the White House. It sounds like the recording was made on that end. The Georgia boys are clearly on the phone and it sounds like dotard is not on the phone, meaning we’re hearing his voice in a microphone. It doesn’t sound like it’s coming over phone lines

I agree, it sounds like Trump is in the room with the mic and everyone else is on the phone.

Either someone recorded it without his knowledge or Trump did this on purpose in the hope that the news cycle would turn and put pressure on the Georgia boys.  I am guessing the latter.

10 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Either someone recorded it without his knowledge or Trump did this on purpose in the hope that the news cycle would turn and put pressure on the Georgia boys.  I am guessing the latter.

He's dumb enough to think it would work so you may be on to something.

3 hours ago, shakahorn said:

It was a perfect call.