the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

And here we go. GOP begins their “we don’t want federal oversight of elections but also here’s some federal guidelines of what is normally state by state law on conducting elections BUT WE LOVE FEDERALISM”

I find it fascinating how many run-of-the-mill state and federal elected officials and other appointees have become household names during Trump's Presidency.  I was alive (but young) during Watergate.  John Dean and John Erlichman were probably the main such characters who had previously flown largely under the radar.  Now there are literally dozens, and most likely hundreds, of everday Joe Schoe types I know way too much about.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I find it fascinating how many run-of-the-mill state and federal elected officials and other appointees have become household names during Trump's Presidency.  I was alive (but young) during Watergate.  John Dean and John Erlichman were probably the main such characters who had previously flown largely under the radar.  Now there are literally dozens, and most likely hundreds, of everday Joe Schoe types I know way too much about.

I still feel like an expert in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada geography.  County names, demographics, voting history, etc. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Those are THE two names I recall, also at the time from being really little. I would come home from half day kindergarten and my grandmother would have it on the television. How much I recall from really remembering or rather from them just telling me later I can't say.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

I read that the recorded call was the 18th time the White House had called the Georgia SOS, but the first time that Raffensperger himself was on the line.

If so, you know there are 17 rambling messages that stretch out forever, with instructions at the end to call some other number that Trump blurts out once, really fast.

• Like 1

Also, on phone calls.

If this is like a Sexual Harassment case, after the first person stands up to the Big Famous Man, others come in from the dark and share their stories as well.

You know there are 4 or 5 other Secretaries of State who've been getting these same Mafia Movie Trump lectures. Bet they also did a little CYA taping.

Odds we get to hear more of these?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, if Lin wants to go off the deep end and up the conspiracy theory ante, I'll match him:

Bill Barr only stepped down to avoid being tainted with the coup and other subsequent actions; his work was already done: cover up for GOP (a little Mueller) and Presidential misdeeds, judges, delay investigations, aiding legal decisions regarding subpoena appearances, make sure all evidence surrounding Epstein was taken care of, up to and including Epstein himself, and lastly, secure method of execution designed to have the biggest impact on the electorate for both viewing and intimidation.

The appointees at the DoD will work with the President to assist with either declaration of war (Iran) or civil unrest, plans that have been seeded for some time with the assistance of militia groups stateside, aggressive actions in specific targets in the M.E., and calls for action.

Any of the Congresspersons who support the 'election fraud/noncert' election strategy are on board with any attempts to remain in power/keep Trump in power whether through coercion of fraud (phone call in GA) or violence (Louie Louie) that results in a stop to the transition or transfer of power. Some are remaining on the sidelines and are happy to jump in if the opportunity looks good to them.

Does this qualify as a conspiracy theory? A conspiracy implies a secret agreement between persons. The problem is, Trump doesn't create these overarching conspiracies that way. He works individual 'deals,' like the one he tried with Brad R. and then pretty soon, everyone gets caught up in the web. So it's a conspiracy, but also blackmail in a sense. He got Lindsey to do the initial dirty work in GA, but Lindsey couldn't close the deal, so Trump had to step in.

Question is, who is more crazy--Lin and his Lizard people theory, or me, outlining the actions of the seditionists above.

• Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I read that the recorded call was the 18th time the White House had called the Georgia SOS, but the first time that Raffensperger himself was on the line.

If so, you know there are 17 rambling messages that stretch out forever, with instructions at the end to call some other number that Trump blurts out once, really fast.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Is there a snowball's chance in hell that Lin Wood will be censured by the Georgia Bar Association?  These threats of firing squads, etc. cannot be seen as within the bounds of normal legal practice.

I'd ask my dad but I don't have that kind of time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Also, on phone calls.

If this is like a Sexual Harassment case, after the first person stands up to the Big Famous Man, others come in from the dark and share their stories as well.

You know there are 4 or 5 other Secretaries of State who've been getting these same Mafia Movie Trump lectures. Bet they also did a little CYA taping.

Odds we get to hear more of these?

No way Trump tried to bully the states led by Democrats.  They’d laugh and hang up.

4 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

That’s pretty standard fare for certain clearances. Your grade school teachers can get interviewed if the investigator has any questions with no other sources to go through. 

Yep.  High school teachers of mine were asked questions to basically make sure I had existed all four years and that there was nothing odd about me, and a Jr. High teacher was asked as well (I had lived in another state for Jr. High).

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No way Trump tried to bully the states led by Democrats.  They’d laugh and hang up.

He may not have called a Democrat governor or SoS, but you can bet your ass he called every possible R legislator in those states trying to find an angle similar to this call. Raffensberger was already keyed up after Graham’s call, all the Lin/Powell stuff, and Trump and company crushing him publicly.  If they had schmoozed him from the beginning he never records that call and keeps the republican drama in house. Trump and company cut their own throats here, and it’s glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is a huge pussy that avoids direct confrontation. All of his "battles" are fought in the public sphere in front of throngs of his hillbilly supporters. He doesn't fire people himself, he doesn't directly confront people like most men do. He fights proxy battles via attorneys, the media, or rallies, but is too much of a chickenshit to have a direct confrontation with someone. 

No chance he called any Democrats.

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This guy is so much better than that dumb chick that just lip synchs.  Not sure why anyone likes her.

I found her amusing at first but it's the same thing over and over again.  I was surprised to learn she got her own Netflix show after blowing up and going viral.

Edited by Tom

23 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It is treason. Where are the adults? Someone has to stop this shit. Anyone 

https://www.theonion.com/rueful-trump-wishes-he-knew-republicans-this-willing-to-1845984905

Rueful Trump Wishes He Knew Republicans This Willing To Overthrow Democracy Earlier In Term

22 hours ago, Captainant said:

Holy shit that audio is fucking mind blowing. Not surprising, but horrifying that it exists and will forever diminish the office of the president of the united states 

probably not a bad thing, given the power creep of the executive branch over the past century

22 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The real question is, what are the plural forms of those proper nouns?

Cletii?  Cletuses?

Cletae?  Cletas?

cletorus

7 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

My response:

It's been 2 months and over 70 lawsuits without any evidence. But you don't know that because you're a MO-ron. BTW, I have been fucking your wife. If you happen to have a husband instead, I have been bending him over and calling him my wife, and he digs it. Now go start digging holes in the ground because in the post-brain-damaged economy the world will no longer need whatever the hell you claimed to be good at, but a good hole is a thing of value. Not that you'd know. But me and your husband/wife sure do.

I spiced it up a little so you can get them into a fender-bender.

PS: maybe don't respond to them. The FB algorithm is just gonna push more of their brain worms your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

PS: maybe don't respond to them. The FB algorithm is just gonna push more of their brain worms your way.

This is the most insidious thing about FB - it just feeds you whatever you engage with the most, positively or negatively. And their business model depends on a steady stream of outrage and echo chamber to keep people on their drip feed of facebook. It's fucking awful

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i don't really know why this is a big deal.  some lawyer i don't know is representing trump.  her firm doesn't like the bad press of being involved. is that it?

image.jpeg

Well, she evidently is a lawyer employed by Foley primarily as a "rainmaker" due to her political connections.

Note that her profile does not indicate any significant engagements, but rather editorials published at National Review.  https://www.foley.com/en/people/m/mitchell-cleta

Compare political law superstar Elias.  https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/professionals/marc-e-elias/experience.html

Clients at law firms like Foley are vetted and accepted based on a number of criteria.  Dollars to donuts, any engagement by Donald Trump was not cleared or approved by the firm and likely would not have been in light of the bad publicity garnered by Jones Day and Porter Wright.

I cannot imagine that the firm is happy with her, at all.