Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Cohn is right. There are too many data points showing slight blue overachievement. The major outlets will keep the horse race going probably overnight but it's done.

Ratings equals dollars. 

Controversy/uncertainty equals ratings, which equals dollars.

rupert outside should toldya 

I mean its not like CNN and MSNBC do the exact same thing that Fox News does just on the other side.

My Dad is a Fox News junky. My MIL is an MSNBC junky. Same side of another coin. It’s all based on fear and it works and makes money.

And to think they thought heavy metal would brainwash us. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, HRSchenker said:

This looks like an anti-election night change in momentum for the Dems. Perdue and Loeffler likely win by 2% or less if turnout is high in the remaining counties.

Where are you getting that from? Looks like most of the pros are close to calling it for the Ds.

This looks like an anti-election night change in momentum for the Dems. Perdue and Loeffler likely win by 2% or less if turnout is high in the remaining counties.

This seems possible given how the different categories of votes are coming in but this thread seems super confident in dem sweep

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

CNN has Warnock ahead by 500 votes and Ossoff losing.  WTF?

Exurbs of Atlanta starting to come in with very very little of super populated very Blue counties left to count. Hence the NYT needle still very much in favor of Ossoff and Warnock.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I mean its not like CNN and MSNBC do the exact same thing that Fox News does just on the other side.

My Dad is a Fox News junky. My MIL is an MSNBC junky. Same side of another coin. It’s all based on fear and it works and makes money.

And to think they thought heavy metal would brainwash us. 

MSNBC yes. My girlfriend's parents have CNN on all the time. I don't find it overly liberal so much as I find it ridiculously sensationalist.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

We need to go to the British system of just announcing results when votes are counted. No horse race.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

More conservative counties drop, the trolls show up confident. ATL gonna bring it home again 

Factor in mail in ballots and the Dems will win this.  Remember on election night, Trump was a slight lead in GA.

That's why the NYT needle thing is what it is.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Soooo....they did the red counties first and then they'll report the dems last to keep it interesting? Is that what Nate was saying? 

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Red counties are smaller and count faster. Urban and suburban counties almost always take longer - more votes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Soooo....they did the red counties first and then they'll report the dems last to keep it interesting? Is that what Nate was saying? 

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Red counties are smaller and quicker to complete their counts. Dem counties probably won’t finish until tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Factor in mail in ballots and the Dems will win this.  Remember on election night, Trump was a slight lead in GA.

That's why the NYT needle thing is what it is.

I thought the mail in is already being factored in?

2 minutes ago, Kdub said:

Apparently, Cobb, DeKalb,and Gwinett counties are reporting less than 40% I believe...my guess is once those come in the Dems will start running up numbers

Correctomundo.

The cracker counties are basically 100% in at this point.  Cobb and Dekalb are 40% in.

• Haha 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

That wouldn’t even be a poor mans gritty. 

is this a passable FAFO?

image.jpeg.25200a5584e381aa884cbdd4b8312031.jpeg

Is that the B-52s?

(Edit: Holy cow, I was right.  The girls have held up pretty well.  How old is this photo?)

Edited by Bullneck