Muschamp shitcanned

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, futureman said:

they’re in the SEC east.  how do y’all play them every year and get georgia once a decade?

SEC schedule sucks, it's setup so that Bama plays Tennishit every year. Florida gets to play LSU every year. Florida also steps up and plays against Florida State every year, and every few years plays Miami as well. Meanwhile UCF tries to say they are the premiere program in Florida lol.

Anyway, Boom will get a good job somewhere, he fits better as a DC.

MuschampFreakout_original.gif?1351370116

Bet he'll go to fucking Bammer

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It’s unreal that Weis and Muschamp got second HC gigs but Mark Mangino cannot.

I mean sure they might have to cut the wall out of a Golden Corral to extract him and he most likely reeks of ass and stale Cheetos, but the man can coach football. 

No one has the towel budget required

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I mean sure they might have to cut the wall out of a Golden Corral to extract him and he most likely reeks of ass and stale Cheetos, but the man can coach football. 

He must be holding out for the right shit towel situation.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

edit - Damnit, I see I was beaten to the obvious joke.

Edited by WBT

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It's going to undercut whatever strength and conditioning program they're trying to establish when the HC veers around the practice field on a golf cart.  The good news is a heart attack likely ends the buyout process if things don't work out--just take the man to a series of free meals to negotiate.  He's a damn good coach.  I wish he were our receivers coach or offensive coordinator but I think he'd have beaten Herman's ass.  

YOu never know when one of these rivalries get into gear and when they fall off. FSU-Florida would seem like a surefire good one, but look at the shambles FSU is in off late. I bet SC-A&M can be a competitive "rivalry" too although chances of that are slim going by the history of both the programs... maybe there will be one year in the next 10 where both teams will be ranked in top 25 going into the game and the game's outcome will be important for anyone other than the respective fan bases.

Having said that, though, happy to have the SCe game each year and chalk up a W. What was the phrase that Perroni or someone at 24/7 used earlier this year... it's a "take a W" kinda conference! lol  It'll be more fun to regularly win against Auburn and LSU in our own division, and maybe get that second win against Bammer one of these years.

6 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I would hire Boom to coach D in a heartbeat.  Damn he still fires me up.  Poor bastard just can't coach a whole team worth a damn.  

the whole thing is sideways. i don't have any doubt that will is a fine coach.  i think he would make a great position coach, maybe a coordinator.

10 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I would hire Boom to coach D in a heartbeat.  Damn he still fires me up.  Poor bastard just can't coach a whole team worth a damn.  

I think an NFL team picks him up. Seems like a logical next career step after 2 failed HC gigs.

Or he could just retire.

Muschamp is why I never want us to hire a coordinator for their first hc job again.

When he was named hciw waiting with us, he was as sure a coordinator to hc hire as you could imagine. Coached great defense, his players loved him, seemed ready to make the jump. Hell, he was so in demand that Florida poached him from an in waiting position.

It's hard to imagine things going worse than they have for him as a hc. I don't recall ever watching one of his teams and being remotely impressed. These days not even his defenses are worth a damn.

I know there are a few coordinators who come up in our search and I want no part of it. Yes, some of them do pan out, but it's highly variable and the risk isn't worth it on their first shot. Let some other program see if they can make the jump and hire them away if they do. It will be more expensive, but if they succeed you'd have to pay them more anyway. Just let the testing happen on someone else's dime.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Muschamp is why I never want us to hire a coordinator for their first hc job again...      I know there are a few coordinators who come up in our search and I want no part of it. Yes, some of them do pan out, but it's highly variable and the risk isn't worth it on their first shot. Let some other program see if they can make the jump and hire them away if they do. It will be more expensive, but if they succeed you'd have to pay them more anyway. Just let the testing happen on someone else's dime.

These two guys are laughing at your strategy...

2NQSAIG2RFJVLASHKSPTSAT45M.jpg

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

The permanent cross-divisional rival was maintained in order to preserve the Alabama-Tennessee and Auburn-Georgia rivalries. The other permanent cross-division games set by the conference are LSU-Florida, Mississippi State-Kentucky, Ole Miss-Vanderbilt, Texas A&M-South Carolina and Arkansas-Missouri.

And, miraculously, the 6-1-1 preserves the Alabama-Georgia duckfest where since 1961 they've played in the regular season once every 8ish years, including the 30 years before the addition of pig and cock in '92 when there were only 10 teams in the SEC.

Imagine that.  Absolute mathematical brilliance.

Do you know that because of coronavirus we had a shortened training camp to implement our new defense? 
I figured we'd see a loooot of shitty football this year due to shortened training camps. Not so much. Clemson, Bama, and Ohio State still look dominant. And we still look mediocre. I don't see where shortened camps have changed anything, honestly.

These two guys are laughing at your strategy...
2NQSAIG2RFJVLASHKSPTSAT45M.jpg
Hey, I mention in my post that they can work out.

How many pictures could I post of highly sought after coordinators who crash and burn as HCs?

That's the point. Plenty of great coordinators are terrible HCs. Some do successfully make the transition, but I'm not sold you can predict who is who without a real audition. You shouldn't audition at a school like Texas. Schools like Texas are where you land after you've proven yourself.