Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

1 hour ago, Burt said:

I hate this asshole more than he hates stairs, but he's just talking shit...and he never actually said he personally armed those around him. 

Of course,  he clearly said he armed everyone around him... he may not have given arms to insurrectionists, but he did clearly say he armed those around him

Politicians like Cawthorn and Majorie are basically just diamond and silk but they can get elected since they’re white southerners. They’re just in DC and on the talking circuit because they’re famous in the social media age.

it must always be pointed out that Cawthorn attempted Naval Academy stolen valor by insinuating that his injuries prevented him from attending the naval academy. He had already been rejected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Politicians like Cawthorn and Majorie are basically just diamond and silk but they can get elected since they’re white southerners. They’re just in DC and on the talking circuit because they’re famous in the social media age.

it must always be pointed out that Cawthorn attempted Naval Academy stolen valor by insinuating that his injuries prevented him from attending the naval academy. He had already been rejected. 

Same as it ever was. I can't wait until they're committee leaders. 

• Rage+1 1

Of course,  he clearly said he armed everyone around him... he may not have given arms to insurrectionists, but he did clearly say he armed those around him
Why did Cawthorn arm people in the Capitol?

Because he couldn't leg them.
  • Haha 8
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe but I see them as following the money and that occasionally being in DC slows them down. Maybe 1 more term before they decide to move on.

I didn't realize this until recently but it sounds like MTG has quite a bit of money already. Cawthorn, OTOH, is just getting started. I have no idea whether he has family money or not.

"Madison Cawthorn has said he is here for PR and not legislating. I don't think he's a serious legislator," Rice told CNN. "I think he's more interested in throwing bombs than he is in actually trying to help the country."

I'd say he's pretty much on brand with most of the GOP these days. They only disagree about Zelensky.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:22 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

“Talk of baseball practice” lulz x sigh. The only connection Madison has is his signature.

8346609D-AACB-41E9-A3BE-577AE7CFBE9A.jpeg

B7332EAB-5F59-419F-A5FC-5728F6E850CF.jpeg

As someone with ridiculously bad handwriting, I can relate that in knowing my handwriting will never win any awards. But I've learned to not write like a 4 year old holding one of those fat pencils. It actually comes across better to write indecipherable but have a clear, strong signature.

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

this is a mistake my wife makes with my daughter all the time. Statement, not question.

"Hey, come walk the dogs with us" instead of "Hey, would you like to walk the dogs with us?"

"Congressman, you didn't vote for this appropriation,"  instead of "Congressman, did you vote for this appropriation?"

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Nice collar, fucknut

It's an abomination, isn't it.

Hmmm, *home schooling and Mr. Cawthorn and Mr. Kirk are such stellar examples of what happens when the presumptive heirs to the kingdom are given the title without the sense of duty and honor. They are not the noble Marquis de Lafayette; but rather dissipated  earls that have the pale bloated excess of their ego revealed upon their faces, by their words, and actions. However, it does not do to underestimate them. They have a lot of stupidity but it is emboldened passionate stupidity and finds itself a ready audience.

*homeschooling varies a lot so I won't condemn the field entirely. It has its place, but public education held such promise for America but we have been blinded by our faults and stubbornness.

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

Awkward Nene Leakes GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

The past 2 years had a decent amount of forced home schooling. And my general sense is that most parents couldn’t wait to get their kids back into a school room. 
so good luck with that. Usually the people that home school 1) build their life so that it is even possible (someone is at home to teach)

and 2) really want to for one reason or another.  

its not the kind of thing people just try on a whim. 

we do so for our own reasons, but when we have tried to engage with the local home school community, it’s pretty universally a Protestant religious crowd and that’s not for us so we stopped trying. 

one way to get more families home schooling would be to develop a more secular community for group activities, but something tells me that is the exact opposite of what these guys are thinking. 

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

Out of curiosity, did he say why this was a goal of his?  Problematic culture?  That's it?  CRT?  If you can't ban it, run away from it.

One of the dads of a kid my son used to go to kindergarten with used to bitch about "government" schools.  I'm sure he's a Trump party operative by now.

They did not. He’s making it up. Like everything he says. 
No shit. He's totally that kid that makes up shit that never happened because he thinks it makes him sound cooler or more interesting. He can't just be in car accident... he has to be left for dead by his best friend. He can't just be invited to parties inside the beltway... he has to be invited to orgies inside the beltway. Fucking pathetic.

And he doesn’t even get he’s narcing on his own people lol.

Let’s say it is true.

Anyone think Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or AOC or Adam Schiff are inviting that troglodyte to anything???

So if it is true, he’s admitting Moscow Mitch and Lindsay Graham and Marjorie Gorilla Toes and Lauren Boobert and Matt Gaetz are having cocaine fueled orgies.

Smooth move, Biff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

"A Sexual Get-Together."  ???

Tell me you've never been to an orgy without telling me you've never been to an orgy.  

"Hey Madison, we'll be having a meat cooking event happening and would love for you come by."

"Do you mean a barbecue?" 

"No, we call it a 'meat cooking event occurrence'."  

Why the fuck would would someone invite him to an orgy? Complete some fetish trifecta alongside a dwarf and an amputee?
Imagine showing up to an Eyes Wide Shut DC orgy and you see this dipshit rolling around. Between MTG's gorilla feet, Sarah Palin's ridiculous accent, and his wheelchair, anonymity is all but shot.