• Allen
    • Some NFL assistant ....name him
    • Some college assistant.....name him
    • Harbaugh
    • Other....name him

9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you love America, there is only one choice:

69f7af5ac353575e0dfefbb2f9a06846.jpg

Ole' Jerry aside, I miss the days of NFL coaches wearing clothes, instead of whatever corporate sponsor the NFL has deemed worthy enough to outfit everyone on the sideline.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:
I'm of the opinion that anyone mentioning rehiring Mack Brown in this thread should be neg-bombed into the abyss or outright IP banned from this site. 

closetopumping agrees.

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:
I'm of the opinion that anyone mentioning rehiring Mack Brown in this thread should be neg-bombed into the abyss or outright IP banned from this site. 

closetopumping agrees.

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

closetopumping agrees.

Could you say that again?

14 minutes ago, tx ind said:

image.jpeg

Brings back so many memories.  I got a similar coat one Christmas and can still smell the simultaneous piss and beer odors at the Astrodome's 30' long urinal troughs.

But do not want.  He knocked on the door, then he banged on it, but he could never kick the SOB in.  (Though Bud Adams (piss be upon him) didn't give Bum enough chances.)

Edited by clapclapclap

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

He says we’re closetodumping Tom, but we need a replacement with a fucking pulse. 

Hmmm. Maybe we need zombie Paul Brown.

No one gives me the goosebumps. Robert Saleh is kind of the NFL version of Muschamp. I don't know much about Matt Patricia or Brendan Daly other than their names. Patricia was great at finishing last in the league.

2 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

there are people in this advocating Sarkisian as a non-joke candidate? is that what I'm reading?

this is the guy that was average as fuck at Washington and then wen to USC and turned himself into a flaming dr. pepper?  you morons want a flame out drunk because he has the fucking no pressure job of being Nick Saban's offensive coordinator?

is everyone completely and utterly out of their fucking minds?

let me get this straight, you think he will stay sober in the sunshine and candycanes job of the Texas head coach? jesus fucking christ fuck shit

Going to the saban rehabilitation program seems to have worked for Lane Kiffin. Fwiw Sark has been sober for about 4 years now. It’s amazing what sobriety can do to a person both personally and professionally. Also fwiw there is legit talks in Bama about him being the heir to Saban. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Going to the saban rehabilitation program seems to have worked for Lane Kiffin. Fwiw Sark has been sober for about 4 years now. It’s amazing what sobriety can do to a person both personally and professionally. Also fwiw there is legit talks in Bama about him being the heir to Saban. 

is him being the heir predicated on Dabo saying no first?

Edited by Viper

17 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Brings back so many memories.  I got a similar coat one Christmas and can still smell the simultaneous piss and beer odors at the Astrodome's 30' long urinal troughs.

But do not want.  He knocked on the door, then he banged on it, but he could never kick the SOB in.  (Though Bud Adams (piss be upon him) didn't give Bum enough chances.)

Two words:

1. Mike

2. Renfro 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just look at Ryan Leaf as somone who was addicted and went clean and sober and totally turned himself around: https://sports.yahoo.com/ryan-leaf-from-historic-draft-bust-to-jail-is-sober-and-cohosted-esp-ns-nfl-live-144031143.html

Oh wait, two months later: https://247sports.com/Article/Ryan-Leaf-mugshot-domestic-battery-arrest-college-football-Washington-State-147468384/

The point is that it just takes one drink and he is back off the wagon. The pressure of being a head coach at UT makes that highly likely!

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

you think he's going to stay sober in the Texas job?  He has absolutely ZERO pressure in the position he's in right this fucking moment.

1 minute ago, UT Lax said:

Just look at Ryan Leaf as somone who was addicted and went clean and sober and totally turned himself around: https://sports.yahoo.com/ryan-leaf-from-historic-draft-bust-to-jail-is-sober-and-cohosted-esp-ns-nfl-live-144031143.html

Oh wait, two months later: https://247sports.com/Article/Ryan-Leaf-mugshot-domestic-battery-arrest-college-football-Washington-State-147468384/

The point is that it just takes one drink and he is back off the wagon. The pressure of being a head coach at UT makes that highly likely!

I think you’re making some bold assumptions. But hey if Alabama thinks he’s good enough for them to be the next guy and their fans seem to really like him who are we as a fan base to judge a school like Alabama. We’re the joneses!

that’s how idiotic some of you are 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think you’re making some bold assumptions. But hey if Alabama thinks he’s good enough for them to be the next guy and their fans seem to really like him who are we as a fan base to judge a school like Alabama. We’re the joneses!

Have you forgotten how many bad hires in a row Alabama made before Saban? Hitting once doesn't mean they're run by geniuses. 

• Hook 'Em 4

This is a real question, I'm not a troll, and I understand many will shit on me for even asking. 

I'll start by saying that it's clear to me that Herman is not a *bad* coach.  He obviously does not perform up to our standards and seems like a pompous ass who rubs many fans, admin. and BMDs the wrong way, but he is an above average college coach.  My personal view of college football over the past 15 years, and even more so over the past decade, is that there are 1-5 truly elite college coaches who can predictably and systematically win at the highest levels.  Then there are a bunch of coaches who, whether because they don't have truly elite talent, or get outcoached sometimes but not most of the time, lose 2-5 games every year.  This is totally variable from year to year, but generally these are coaches that win more than they lose to varying degrees.  Herman is obviously one of those coaches.  

Can someone who knows more about recruiting tell me why we should buy out Herman, pay another probably very comparable coach as much or more to come here, only to continue to lose a similar number of games year to year?  Having missed on Urban, why is it out of the question to simply ride with Herman, who is at least winning (more than we could say about Strong)?  I gather it's to save and re-invigorate recruiting, but I don't see evidence that there is someone out there who will keep Bama and Clemson and especially tOSU from taking the best recruits out of Texas for the foreseeable future.  It really seems like missing out on Urban means we are back at Herman being our best option, which at least means winning twice as many games as we lose until someone else emerges as a truly elite option.  Getting rid of him because we hate his personality and because he isn't one of the best 5 coaches in the country, when none of those dudes is available, seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face, but I honestly don't know enough about the damage to recruiting that this approach would do in the medium and long term.  Someone please enlighten me.

Go home Tom, you’re drunk!

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Alabama also thought Mike price was a good option. 

But that was in a different era...similar to us now.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I went back and looked at Sarkisian's record at UW and USC - very Tom Herman esque and littered with 7-6 and 8-4 seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Have you forgotten how many bad hires in a row Alabama made before Saban? Hitting once doesn't mean they're run by geniuses. 

Have you seen all our bad hires as well? Why fucking not? There are no damn that’s a great hire out of those listed. So we need to evaluate what’s best option currently. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know if you have had experience trying to help out an alcoholic. It overtakes a person. They literally cannot have one additional drop of alcohol the rest of their life and have to avoid being around alcohol at all times. That is hard to do with a functioning alcoholic and I would supect much harder with a non functioning alcoholic who shows up to his work drunk.