Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Real CRT wouldn't be understood by anyone that isn't an adult or nearly so, with some life experience.  You can certainly quibble with real live CRT.

What's being called CRT is not critical race theory.  It's factual history and an attempt to instill empathy for people that have been treated brutally in this country.

CRT has become a buzzword of sorts and it’s definitely misused. That’s entirely different from mocking the original theory that cause this nonsense, though. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 12

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

2028 is going to make 2012, 2016 or even 1996 look so incredibly tame.  The GOP field will probably have a dozen serious candidates who think they have a chance, and I could see polling that doesn’t have any of them above %20 before the primaries.  Hell, Alan Keyes will probably jump in if he’s still alive.

We need Trump to fall over dead, that’s the only chance we Republicans have. 

• Fuck You 9

That’s beginning to look more and more the case. You can’t jettison him just because he’s on trial for crimes against the constitution.  His 25mm MAGA base will vote for him or not at all. Without them, you are dead in the water.  If he dies before 2024 or 2028, an heir apparent could emerge and grab a large portion of that 25mm plus the usual straight tickets and frequent GOP centre-rights and evangelicals. 

You, in the Uds. sense, have another challenge though when he dies.  More than a few million, perhaps approaching as many as 15mm will not accept his death as natural/lifestyle caused. They will either consider him alive and operating a government in exile or murdered by the deep state/RINO faction/woke liberals/Mister Ronan Sinatra.  If even 5mm believe either of those, and that’s a severe underestimate, they won’t vote.  And without all of them and then some, there is no map to victory whatsoever.  Election fraud lies can’t even dig out of a hole that big.  

also, the fuck with Trump and DeSantis being the alpha male idols of so many conservative men in this country?  Literally the two least rugged men ever to run for the office, save for maybe Bloomberg  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

We need Trump to fall over dead, that’s the only chance we Republicans have. 

And, of course, this fact won't result in a single second of self-reflection as to the fucking morons that you've chosen to associate with.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

B19qdR75OtS._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C712JdvAe0nL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_SL1500_.png

Naaah. This cult worships only one true god, and that divinity does not pass along via heredity. DJT is their god, and there can be no other. It is a cult in every single sense of the word. Cults don’t survive the death of the cult leader/god.
But have no fear, we’re talking about a party that wants to make racism acceptable again, to abolish public education, and make women slaves with no autonomy. The cult of DJT will die…and what replaces it will surely be worse.

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

And, of course, this fact won't result in a single second of self-reflection as to the fucking morons that you've chosen to associate with.

Of course not. We hired a mercenary, there was always risk involved. 

• Fuck You 15

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What level of moron is donating to the general election campaign of a guy who won’t come close to winning the primary?

or is that a risk-free donation that gets returned upon his primary defeat?

Larry Ellison donated $15MM to Tim Scott's PAC.  There's a wtf if I ever saw one.  Maybe it's money laundering?

9 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

CRT has become a buzzword of sorts and it’s definitely misused. That’s entirely different from mocking the original theory that cause this nonsense, though. 

OK, let's go through this and we both might learn something. I'll ask you some questions. None of them are trick questions. Just answer to the best you can. 
You're familiar with Austin, right? I mean you passed through on your way to Blinn from Coahoma? There's an interstate that runs through the center of the city, I-35. Until recently, the property on the east side of I-35 was worth a fraction of the property on the west side. 
Are you aware of this fact?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Meatball is an enervative, milquetoast blowhard with the backbone and commitment of Iron Butterfly's lineup this month, while maintaining a political tone-deafness to his own constituents and party akin to a Mel Gibson film festival during ADL Week in Manhattan.  On top of all that, he's fucking ridiculous looking  

9CD2DC53-3305-4FC8-A181-343EBFB81528.gif.74a60a497e48003734010e0cccaa2d00.gif

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

OK, let's go through this and we both might learn something. I'll ask you some questions. None of them are trick questions. Just answer to the best you can. 
You're familiar with Austin, right? I mean you passed through on your way to Blinn from Coahoma? There's an interstate that runs through the center of the city, I-35. Until recently, the property on the east side of I-35 was worth a fraction of the property on the west side. 

I used to live off of Riverside. I always used to laugh when people would say how bad of an area it is, I knew immediately that they’d never been to Houston. 

• Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

cafe seems to have legit chicken fried steak, homemade chicken tenders, burgers, and fries. 

• Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yep - I-35 runs along what was "East Avenue". In the 1928 the City of Austin Comprehensive Plan created a "negro district" on the East side of East avenue, making it effectively the only area of the city where public services or schools were available to black families. It also created zoning protection for certain areas of the city prohibiting various activities, while not protecting the East side. 
The Red line below is East avenue.  The purple areas are non-white residential areas. The one on the far west of town is Clarksville, a freedman's colony which would hold out for a long time. 
koch-property-misc-1927.jpg

So, in 1935 the Federal Government creates the Home Ownership Loan Corporation. By policy, they do not guarantee loans in "hazardous areas", and depict those areas on maps with red lines. These guidelines were then adopted by other financial services companies - insurance, business lending, etc. 
holc-map-hazardous-1935.jpg

Do you agree that denying financing support to these areas likely suppressed the value of private property in them?

It has less to do with that and more to do with the breakdown of the nuclear family. It all traces back to fathers staying home and raising their children. Single income families will never escape poverty and the cycle just continues on and on. 

• Fuck You 44

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It has less to do with that and more to do with the breakdown of the nuclear family. It all traces back to fathers staying home and raising their children. Single income families will never escape poverty and the cycle just continues on and on. 

Enjoy the rest of your time here, you don't have long.  I'm sure you'll be back, though, and easy to spot.

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Enjoy the rest of your time here, you don't have long.  I'm sure you'll be back, though, and easy to spot.

Pretty sure he was posting under an account with Proust in the handle during his last ban.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Why would I get banned? I’ve said nothing that warrants it. I guess I just need to let you guys sit around and nod your head in agreement. Seems boring, but fine. 

• Fuck You 18

39 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

What has less to do what what? Again, did limiting access to investment capital and insurance starting in the 1930s impact property values in East Austin? 

• Hook 'Em 1

What has less to do what what? Again, did limiting access to investment capital and insurance starting in the 1930s impact property values in East Austin? 
If I'm not mistaken, at one time you wanted to teach social studies. You have a teacher's soul.

If you're doing this to rub his nose in his trolling, or to give other people the words they need to argue the point, please continue... I'm actually learning something.

If you're doing this to change Poe's posting pattern... bless your heart, but that's a lost cause.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, tchookem said:

If I'm not mistaken, at one time you wanted to teach social studies. You have a teacher's soul.

If you're doing this to rub his nose in his trolling, or to give other people the words they need to argue the point, please continue... I'm actually learning something.

porque-no-los-dos-gif.gif

• Haha 2

Yep - I-35 runs along what was "East Avenue". In the 1928 the City of Austin Comprehensive Plan created a "negro district" on the East side of East avenue, making it effectively the only area of the city where public services or schools were available to black families.

Do you have some data to support this claim that these areas of Austin (areas zoned specifically for black people) have higher rates of single-parent households?

Because it sounds like you're saying that there is something about black fathers that makes them less likely to marry and more likely to abandon their children.

That's not what you're saying, are you?

Are you?

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Dick Tremayne said:

Just popped in to say, if you're being serious here, you have a fucking baby's understanding of the world. Jesus Christ.......

The thing about Poe is that yes, he's definitely a troll, but he's also profoundly stupid.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

There goes Poe proving that you can't even lead the horse to water.

I mean, you can lead a horse to water, EXCEPT when it's retarded. Which is what we have here.

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

You are such a piece of shit. SOmeone already posted it on this thread, and of course you don't bother to read anything others post, fathers not staying home to raise their children is a DIRECT AND UNDENAIBLE result of changes the United States made to welfare in this country, where more money guys to single mothers. It had the unintended (or intended maybe) consequence of pushing poor couples to not get married despite having kids. Now guess which race of people were disproportionally effected by this?

https://ifstudies.org/blog/family-breakdown-and-americas-welfare-system

Welfare May Have Played a Role

It is important to realize that things weren’t always so. The black American family provides a stark example. From 1890 to 1950, black women had a higher marriage rate than white women. And in 1950, just 9% of black children lived without their father. By 1960, the black marriage rate had declined but remained close to the white marriage rate. In other words, despite open racism and widespread poverty, strong black families used to be the norm.

But by the mid-1980s, black fatherlessness skyrocketed. Today, only 44% of black children have a father in the home. In unison, the rate of black out-of-wedlock births went from 24.5% in 1964 to 70.7% by 1994, roughly where it stands today.

One contributor to family breakdown, which soon spread to the poor and working-class white family, may have been welfare expansion. Cash welfare in meager form existed since 1935,4 and some welfare expansion took place during the Kennedy administration. But under Johnson’s Great Society, which began in 1964, benefits became substantially more generous and came under greater control of the federal government. 

In the words of Harvard’s Paul Peterson, “some programs actively discouraged marriage,” because “welfare assistance went to mothers so long as no male was boarding in the household… Marriage to an employed male, even one earning the minimum wage, placed at risk a mother’s economic well-being.” Infamous “man in the house” rules meant that welfare workers would randomly appear in homes to check and see if the mother was accurately reporting her family-status. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So anyway, DeSantis will never be president.  What happened to renaming this thread?

We talk about A) how bad Trump humiliates him, what Trump will say about Meatball's wife and kids, and B) does he run for a House seat in 2026 to stay in the spotlight since he'll be out of office.

Edit: I'm guessing Trump will make a comment about his wife's eyebrows. Which would be the perfect opening to go after Trump's hair.  But DeSantis doesn't have the balls to do that.

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We talk about A) how bad Trump humiliates him, what Trump will say about Meatball's wife and kids, and B) does he run for a House seat in 2026 to stay in the spotlight since he'll be out of office.

Edit: I'm guessing Trump will make a comment about his wife's eyebrows. Which would be the perfect opening to go after Trump's hair.  But DeSantis doesn't have the balls to do that.

This is Ron in a year.

32DDDDB8-2212-4972-8D51-94D4017E1ACC.webp

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, you can lead a horse to water, EXCEPT when it's retarded. Which is what we have here.

You are such a piece of shit. SOmeone already posted it on this thread, and of course you don't bother to read anything others post, fathers not staying home to raise their children is a DIRECT AND UNDENAIBLE result of changes the United States made to welfare in this country, where more money guys to single mothers. It had the unintended (or intended maybe) consequence of pushing poor couples to not get married despite having kids. Now guess which race of people were disproportionally effected by this?

https://ifstudies.org/blog/family-breakdown-and-americas-welfare-system

I highly recommend this film (if you can find it) about public housing and its effects on African Americans in the middle of the last century. It's where I learned about what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pruitt-Igoe_Myth

• Hook 'Em 1

Black guy knocked on my door this morning. I figured he was selling pest control, windows, solar, you know, the usual stuff.  So I go answer just to see what's up and I wasn't in a meeting or anything. 

Dude is stumping for DeSantis.  I just had to ask him if he was a true believe or if he was just getting paid to do this.  He was just getting paid so I gave a simple "not interested" and he moved on. 

If he'd been a true believer, we'd have had a different conversation about voting against your own self interests.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Um wow. I think we’re just dealing with an old fuck. He’ll be dead soon enough and thankfully wont be able to vote. Such a stain on this country. But pretty much par for the course when it comes to racist, privileged fucks

6 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

By the way, @Poe It Up - I'm getting to this, and then I'm going to bring you from there to DeSantis and tie it all up in a bow for you, too. But in the meantime, answer the question: did limiting access to investment capital and insurance starting in the 1930s impact property values in East Austin? 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Um wow. I think we’re just dealing with an old fuck. He’ll be dead soon enough and thankfully wont be able to vote. Such a stain on this country. But pretty much par for the course when it comes to racist, privileged fucks

I believe he has said mid-30s before.

• Haha 1