Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

How random.  I'll say... that guy actually came off as a very cool guy.  Laid back.  I thought she dumped him because she couldn't stand living in Iowa.  Glad to see they put in zero effort getting anyone to show up.

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

How random.  I'll say... that guy actually came off as a very cool guy.  Laid back.  I thought she dumped him because she couldn't stand living in Iowa.  Glad to see they put in zero effort getting anyone to show up.

IMG_5209.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, RDCanecutter said:

We are getting our roof redone tomorrow morning by gentlemen from all over Central America. They're supposed to be in and out fast before the oven really heats up, and I hate to distract dudes working 30' up, but I wonder how many of them GTFO of Florida.

OK, turns out this crew was from Pachuca. They were going at it a man short for an 18-hour day then finished up early this morning. Looks good, heavy rain rolling in so I guess we'll see, but I like our odds. One time they took a break and I topped em up with Gatorade and found out about Pachuca, but did not feel it the moment to ask about DeSantis*. They went at it hammer-and-tongs and we were lucky to know them.

*Because it was a perfectly nice day and Fuck DeSantis.

Pachuca.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Oh, and Cornish miners moved to Pachuca in the 1800s, revived the flooded Spanish silver mines, and introduced soccer. Every time you hear a Mexican announcer say "GOOOOOOOL," that goes back to dusty Cornishmen in Pachuca/factfortheday

Edited by RDCanecutter
the espelling, she is harr.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I've seen about a dozen photos of Ron just staring at random shit at the county fair, including that one of him and the slab of beef.  And I keep thinking of this book and how we should make one to celebrate his complete lack of self-awareness draped in social awkwardness:

https://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

Edited by YGIFS
  • Drool 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:30 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Brief tangent:  look at this FOX News chyron.  "Kamala".  Never before do I recall any media outlets referring to VPOTUS by their first name.  I'm not sure if it's because she's not white or if it's because she's not male -- probably both.  It's intentionally diminishing.

image.png.1855197295f79924480d351096bf7532.png

This was one of those "duh, of course" things I can't help but think about now every time I read it.  In front of my face all along, but with all the other bullshit I guess I didn't notice.  

Desantis story brought to my attention again.

"That makes it very clear about the injustices of slavery in vivid detail so anyone [who] actually read that and listens to Kamala, knows that she is lying," DeSantis said in reference to Vice President Kamala Harris' criticism of the curriculum changes.

They have not been hiding who they are for some time now.  We should not accept this behavior.  Thank you for pointing it out.

I don't know what's better-taking 3 aisles and 10 minutes at a rural quickie mart to pick out a protein bar you can get anywhere in the continental United States, the heels on his boots, or that his staff photographer got him leaning over in the foreground over several cases of queer-ass Bud Light.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He sure is fucking loosey goosey with tax dollars ….

he needs to be billed for this theft 

Look, he opted in for the optional coverage.  What more do you want you godless non-patriot?  

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He sure is fucking loosey goosey with tax dollars ….

he needs to be billed for this theft 

Oh.  You think that laws even MIGHT apply to members of the GQP.  How adorable.  I remind you:

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

45 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Any man purchasing snacks at a gas station who buys a goddamn protein bar instead of something like pork rinds, a fire cracker pickled sausage, a tabasco Slim Jim, jalapeno cheetos, chile lime peanuts, or some similar kickass gas station road food snack, is completely and totally, 200% unqualified to hold ANY position of leadership.

That is a law.  Trust me on that.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Any man purchasing snacks at a gas station who buys a goddamn protein bar instead of something like pork rinds, a fire cracker pickled sausage, a tabasco Slim Jim, jalapeno cheetos, chile lime peanuts, or some similar kickass gas station road food snack, is completely and totally, 200% unqualified to hold ANY position of leadership.

If a good local jerky isn’t available, I’m going with Corn Nuts, preferably ranch flavor.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, South Austin said:

If a good local jerky isn’t available, I’m going with Corn Nuts, preferably ranch flavor.  

Both are quite acceptable.  As would be a super-frozen ice cream snack, like a Choco taco.  A hot item from the roller grill (taquito, hot dog, tamale wrapped in saran) would do the trick.  If they have a fryer, and a glass display featuring various brown fried items, you should always select at least one of those.  And, a choice that reflects the appropriate amount of self-loathing that all men should carry is a pre-packaged pimento cheese sandwich, but it has to be in a plastic triangle container, not some fancy saran wrapped version prepared by a local cafe or somesuch.

62a74c3625d9be073c958073_GAD_PimentoChee

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Both are quite acceptable.  As would be a super-frozen ice cream snack, like a Choco taco.  A hot item from the roller grill (taquito, hot dog, tamale wrapped in saran) would do the trick.  If they have a fryer, and a glass display featuring various brown fried items, you should always select at least one of those.  And, a choice that reflects the appropriate amount of self-loathing that all men should carry is a pre-packaged pimento cheese sandwich, but it has to be in a plastic triangle container, not some fancy saran wrapped version prepared by a local cafe or somesuch.

62a74c3625d9be073c958073_GAD_PimentoChee

After your purchase of a gas station pizza that the cashier was seconds from throwing in the trash where the raccoons might not have eaten it, why does this post not surprise me?

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Is that an impression of you trying to administer yourself CPR after consuming said pizza?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I'm just saying every one of us is carrying a defibrillator around with us wherever we go, so be a gas station gourmet.  Don't pick up A MOTHERFUCKING QUEST BAR.

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

dammit, what did I miss?

I don't know why the image disappeared but it was a new poll of kkk primary voters in Ohio. Meatball has dropped behind even the guy with the long Indian name (edited to include his name).

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/625718-poll-ron-desantis-drops-to-3rd-place-in-ohio-gop-primary/

Vivek Ramaswamy is ahead of the Governor. Mike Pence isn't too far behind.

New polling from the Buckeye State is bad news for Ron DeSantis, who is slumping despite claiming the state of Ohio as part of his heritage in recent months.

The Florida Governor’s presidential campaign is polling in single digits. According to a survey conducted between July 17 and July 26 by Ohio Northern University, DeSantis finds himself in third place.

DeSantis has just 9% support, 3 points behind Vivek Ramaswamy and 55 points behind former President Donald Trump.

The Governor doesn’t have a tight hold on third place either. Former Vice President Mike Pence has 6% support.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh.  You think that laws even MIGHT apply to members of the GQP.  How adorable.  I remind you:

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

If he was a real man, he’d be buying this ….

IMG_6025.jpeg

• Drool 3

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

This man is way too petty and feeble minded to be president, and after trump that’s saying something ….

How THE FUCK does a maga interviewer cover that question so well while mainstream shits down their legs. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This man is way too petty and feeble minded to be president, and after trump that’s saying something ….

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Because she’s a trumpist. 

also she looks terrible now. 

spacer.png

When you have to spend a couple of weeks defending your position on fucking slavery of all things, you are a grade-A piece of shit.
Fuck, meatball.

Seriously. And why? Why was it so important to re-raise the tired old “hey, slavery wasn’t ALL bad banner” again? What did it get you? What votes/support did it really garner that he didn’t already have? Just fucking dumb.
These guys have gotten so used to being mean racist pieces of shit just for fun, with no repercussions, that when it finally bites them in the ass, they’re utterly flummoxed.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Like you could grab a beer with him!

his Florida handlers / backers / puppet masters waaaaaaaaaaaasy over played their hand with this one. They could have had the vp spot locked up without exposing meatball as the fraud that he is 

Hate You Dummy GIF by Amazon Prime Video