Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Watching him rub his face like a not-funny Mel Brooks with that creepy laugh and then an instant pivot to the most morose look I've seen since that Sarah McLaughlin commercial for about-to-be-destroyed puppies.  It's beyond insane that he was elected governor of a major state.  

I think of all the tough-guy alt-right Surly posters on here who play armchair psychiatrist and tell anybody who doesn't want suck off Trump or DeSantis or thinks maybe teenagers with military-grade weapons and drug problems aren't a great mixture, that we are deranged and need to seek help.

And there's Meatball Ron.  I mean, no judgement, no cliche, that is an unhinged human being.  Maybe he was normal and the campaign trail and attention is making him unstable (I've seen that too with people I know and trust).  But whatever's going on, that's a fucked up human being who wouldn't withstand the demands of the job of President.  He can't talk about being President in a room of 300 Iowa farmers without losing his shit.  What the fuck would he do in the Sit. Room with 300mm people's fate in his hands? 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

this man is a very distressed individual who really would rather not be where he is, that's my impression of that right there, based on my own anecdotal weirdness when i don't want to be somewhere.

That looked like me, in a large meeting with 100 or so people, when someone says "Red Five, why don't you get up and say a few things". 

But of course I'm not the Governor of Florida and I'm not running for President.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

How it started/how it’s going 

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

What are the two drama masks called?

The tragedy and comedy masks are usually called “Thalia and Melpomene” or “Sock and Buskin”. Although the words come from Greek drama, it’s a modern invention to use them as names for the theater masks — the ancient Greeks and Romans did not start the trend.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I feel like at this point campaigning more is just hurting his chances. Seems like a good time to take a break and just do national media. Go on a Sunday show, project strength for five minutes, and leave it at that. 

Seems like every day he is in front of a camera in an unscripted situation, it turns into a meme with weird head-bobbing, laughing, and nose wiping.. 

56 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What are the two drama masks called?

The tragedy and comedy masks are usually called “Thalia and Melpomene” or “Sock and Buskin”. Although the words come from Greek drama, it’s a modern invention to use them as names for the theater masks — the ancient Greeks and Romans did not start the trend.

There's an ironic, Mitch Hedberg-level joke in here somewhere about the anti-Mask governor looking constantly like the two famous masks of Democracy without even realizing it.  

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this man is a very distressed individual who really would rather not be where he is, that's my impression of that right there, based on my own anecdotal weirdness when i don't want to be somewhere.

6 hours ago, The Royal We said:

WTF? That is a really odd and wide range of emotions on display in a short period of time. Meatball is wound too tight and looks like he could snap at any moment.

Yeah, I think he probably feels like he jumped in way too early.  Yeah, he wouldn't be governor in 2028, but he could have easily won a House seat, or went off and wrote another book or three, and just campaigned for a few years.

He feels like he's trapped and can't really criticize Trump (when he does, it bites him in the ass).

Of course, the flip side is that it was the perfect time to run if he thought Trump was going to go down easily.  But I think at this point that Trump has truly poisoned the well against DeSantis - maybe DeSantis thought Trump would focus his time on Biden. Nope, that's not how Trump works - Trump views Biden as just part of the process, but any Republicans running against Trump are betraying Trump, and betrayal is far worse than anything Biden is doing.

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've picked my younger kids up from school with an appropriate amount of humiliation...

Man I was never picked up from school.  Walked, rode bikes, sometimes took bus.  
I can’t relate.  Sorry.  Half mile to elementary and junior high.  2 miles to high school (on bike and in pool at 6 am).

Want to know how I know President Meatball Ron would start a war to detract from his own shortcomings?  Shit like this:

By Patricia Mazzei and Frances Robles

Reporting from Florida

Aug. 9, 2023, 9:30 a.m. ET

Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida suspended the top state prosecutor in Orlando on Wednesday, accusing her of incompetence and neglect of duty for what he characterized as lenience against violent criminals.

Mr. DeSantis suspended Monique H. Worrell, the elected state attorney of Florida’s Ninth Judicial Circuit, which includes Orange and Osceola counties, and cited her handling of three cases. One involved a man who shot and injured two Orlando police officers over the weekend.

It is the second time in a year that Mr. DeSantis, a Republican running for president, has taken the drastic and exceedingly rare step of removing an elected state attorney. Both have been Democrats.

Mr. DeSantis was heavily criticized in August 2022 when he removed Andrew H. Warren, the top prosecutor in Tampa, who had signed a statement along with 90 other elected prosecutors across the country vowing not to prosecute people who seek or provide abortions. Critics, and even a federal judge, decried Mr. DeSantis’s ouster of Mr. Warren as politically motivated. But Mr. Warren remains out of office — and Mr. DeSantis mentions his removal in just about every campaign stump speech.

Ms. Worrell was known to be in Mr. DeSantis’s sights. He criticized her office earlier this year, and his general counsel sent her a letter seeking documents about previous arrests.

In March, anticipating that she might be suspended, Ms. Worrell released data showing that her prosecution rate was similar to that of her predecessors.

Edited by Bullneck

She is pretty impressive. She was a law professor at the University of Florida for 16 years. She should run for governor. 

What’s the back story here? Besides being an intelligent, accomplished African American woman, why is the moron threatened by her?

55 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

What’s the back story here? Besides being an intelligent, accomplished African American woman, why is the moron threatened by her?

Likely just trying to consolidate power in the executive branch 

I would imagine if he had an avenue for it he would be working on repealing term limits for the governor given the disaster that is his presidential “campaign”

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

a suspect was arrested. None of the eyewitnesses Could agree it was him that committed the crime, as the guy was wearing a mask. Judge had to let him go, and he goes out and shoots a cop or a 9yo. 

if this is incorrect, someone please correct me