Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Someone should let that poster know that the very site he is posting on made a god damn movie for a kid that ended up going to Texas.

Wanted to post the same thing. Hey 20__nationalchampions, you should look into literally the only documentary made about Brandon Jones. 

22 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

(First off, go follow Olin on twitter, he is right wing pizzagate crazy.)

Olin: Are you going to come and tell me how much I suck when you're in the press box?

Quawk: No, no, look, I was saying nothing with respect to your work.

Olin: No, I think you did. I think you did. 

Quawk: I apologize for that. I do. 

Olin: Alright, but but, Let's get past that. One of the things you took particulalry exception with, was the questions that I raised about, uh, why was Florida State officials bringing up these issues, these negative issues about Jimbo Fisher, but only after Jimbo was gone. The president, as I pointed out, the president John Thrasher, when A&M, when the story first broke, when A&M was purusing Jimbo Fisher. You know, here is an abbreviated quote that appeared in the Florida Times Union, saying "Jimbo Fisher is here forever, he's as good as gold". Now you felt like, um, now go ahead and tell me why you felt like raising those questions was laughable?

Quawk: Well I mean, I think it's okay to raise them , I don't think it's true to the facts. I mean you look at what happend at Florida State. They have a new Athletic Direction they had transition there,  they were a cash strapped insitution that was on the hook for a ton of money to a coach that won a nationanl chapminship just a few years ago and despite the fact that the program was sinking faster than the titanic after it hit the iceberg. 

Olin: Wait wait wait, sinking faster than the Titanic? They won 10 games. After they won the national championship, they then went to the playoff, the next year,  the year after that, they won 10 games. the next year after that, they won 10 games, in fact they were one of only 12 teams in the country that had won back to back 10 win seasons in 15 and 16, and then in 17,  yes, they slipped, but they also lost their starting QB in the first game of the year and in that year when they had to go with a true freshman QB who clearly was not ready to play, Like A&M that same year with Kellen Mond, uh, They lost 3 games by 6 points or less. and you can make the argument that they would might of won those gamess if they had DeAndre Francois. So you were saying they were fading fast, and yet they won like 26 games in a 3 year period, which is about 9 games a year, and they did that with an injured starting quarterback one year. 

Gabe: Yeah, so Quawk, why don't you lay that out a little bit, you said it was a trash heap and why 

Olin: Because they were winning

Quawk: Well, They were winning to a point and the point was...

Olin: until Jimbo Fisher left and DeAndre Francois got hurt. 

Quawk: No no, the  7-6 the year before he went to you guys

Olin: WHEN THE QUARTERBACK GOT HURT THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! (yes he raised his voice)

Quawk: James Blackurn was fine. He's a fine QB. No, no no, hang on a second. DeAndre Francoise got hurt because the offensive live was a shambly mess.  They had bad players on the offensive line too, that was the problem. Jimbo quit recruiting the offensive line. In 2013, when they won the national championship, they totally overhauled their staff. The next 3 years, they had players from the previous staff. They had guys, all of, I saw that 2013 team beat Clemson by 5 scores. At death valley 6 years ago in 2013  that team had a NFL player at every position. It was clear the staff he brought in to coach up the players that were previously recruited and they were swinging and missing on recruits.   You mentioned in your article that there were transfers. 7 transfers in 5 years for a guy who's supposibly a QB whisperer. That's a terrible track record. That's horrible. 

Olin:  You got to understand that here, that's not that big of a deal. We lost 2 QBs in one week. 

Quawk: Well if you've been in the Kevin Sumlin era. That's kind of my point there. He's swinging and missing a lot on the QB. They rescheduled a cupcake to get to 6 wins. 

Olin: Right, absolutely, with an injured QB, By the way they did get better the season went on. 

(blah blah blah)

both of these people are insane. 

Olin, bringing the moldy oldy goldies from the past. Spinning traditional tunes for traditional loons.

Yes, they slipped, but they also lost their starting QB in the first game of the year and in that year when they had to go with a true freshman QB who clearly was not ready to play, Like A&M that same year with Kellen Mond, uh, They lost 3 games by 6 points or less. and you can make the argument that they would might of won those games if they had DeAndre Francois.

Ah yes, so close to three more wins. I mean, you might as well count them as wins. Our best win last year was our loss to Clemson.

Quawk: No no, the  7-6 the year before he went to you guys

Olin: WHEN THE QUARTERBACK GOT HURT THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! (yes he raised his voice)

Shouting to support fine reasoning. We yell louder than anybody! Nice work.

Quawk: You mentioned in your article that there were transfers. 7 transfers in 5 years for a guy who's supposibly a QB whisperer. That's a terrible track record. That's horrible. 

Olin:  You got to understand that here, that's not that big of a deal. We lost 2 QBs in one week. 

Huh? Advantage Aggie?

Quawk: James Blackurn was fine. He's a fine QB. No, no no, hang on a second. DeAndre Francoise got hurt because the offensive live was a shambly mess.  They had bad players on the offensive line too, that was the problem.

Olin:  [Nothing]

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

What happened to the Chris Morris dream? Or was he a guard?

They’re battling the rest of the SEC inbreds for him. He’s a Memphis kid who Georgia, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, etc, are all also trying to buy

A&M might be the favorite, but it’s a small part of the pie 

Edited by Fud

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

That gives me a lot more hope than it probably should - but thats an epic attempt to soften the thud if Broughton picks Texas.  That's equivalent to 'my dad can beat up your dad'.

It's like that Peach Bowl never happened when Herman kicked Jimbo's ass with a bunch of 2*'s.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

More Brauninger

D_IXEupWwAAjugo.png

Lulz. Charlie Strong was a "a little bad at player development." Since Herman got here, player development has been great and will only get better as his more talented players get older. Jimbo, on the other hand, recruited at an elite level at FSU and had jack shit to show for it since Jameis left, including  losing to a much less talented UH squad coached by Herman. One of those coaches is "a little bad at player development," it's the cuck, not the dude doin blow off strippers' bellies while his wife cheers him on . . . allegedly. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Liucci is laying the groundwork for a gentle letdown.

As much as you can consistently read their behavior, a couple of tweets and some posts on Texags and all of a sudden we're gushing with confidence as well. I'm in the Not So Fast wagon until further notice. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As much as you can consistently read their behavior, a couple of tweets and some posts on Texags and all of a sudden we're gushing with confidence as well. I'm in the Not So Fast wagon until further notice.  

Yeah, it's still Giles closing the deal we're banking on.

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But can you imagine the hootin' and hollerin' and struttin' that will take place by the gomers if Broughton picks them? Fat Hamm and Brauninger might live stream an interoffice orgy. Jimbo this and Jimbo that posts will rain down on Texags. Can you imagine having your entire identity and the outcomes of your day tied to a guy by the name of fucking Jimbo? 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Their 9.95ers sound just like ours.

Let's go ahead and file Broughton's recruitment in the "nobody knows shit" category, right next to Haynes King's recruitment.

Yeah sounds like that high off the fishing trip to that drainage ditch is wearing off. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Had a chance to chat a little with everyone’s favorite former director of Aggy recruiting. A few funny takeaways. 

She spoke well of both Jimbo and Saban, but she obviously thinks more of Saban. Underrated sense of humor, unmatched intensity. First OV weekend after national championship wins he’s walking around wound up so tight you would’ve thought they went 2-8. She didn’t deny Saban’s interest in Texas, but contrary to what I’ve read here in the past she says Teri never would’ve wanted to be here. I mentioned supposedly Nick had some investments go south and had financial reasons to look around and she did say that Bama boosters paid off his house. That may not have been all they did, but that’s what she mentioned. 

I asked about some of the assistants and everything you hear about Lane Kiffin is true. She was aware of Joey Freshwater. Lane is a real character. Wink wink.

I didn’t pound too much on Jimbo/Aggies, but when she found out I was a Longhorn fan she was disappointed. “Longhorn fans have been very mean to me.”  I’m guessing through twitter. 

Topics im gonna try to work in next time:

What the fuck is up with MeeMaw?

How does the bagmen thing work?

Pics or GTFO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Too slow to play safety.

Too small to play DE.

Now ignore, the monster number he puts up at a position more physical than LB,  one he is too small for, and one where a theoretical size/strength disadvantage would be amplified relative to LB... He is not physical enough to play LB.

Imagine your brain (not) working that way. 

Edited by gmr548

14 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

It’s one of the Taglienti brothers. He was saying the same stuff about Dorbah on reddit today.

Good ol' tagteam. It's amazing he's remembered to breathe all these years. I swear, if those guys heads were any emptier, they'd have callouses where their ears rub together.

11 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Even Whitewright should be above him. I think the poster in question is James (beergut) though.

Was beergut the other Taglienti brother? Crappy police officer, even crappier sports writer. He ran the original A&M SBNation blog before they took it away from him because he was an overwhelming jackass that no one could stand anymore.

He used to post as Tag77 or Bocephus or something like that, IDK. One of his former co-writers started this blog fueled entirely by his hatred of him.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1