2020 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Colorado

immamac

20 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think they were talking about him saying that at last year's Alamo Bowl. Loved hearing that story though. Even Sam sees the Turtling

On Texas GameDay Final after the Iowa State loss, they asked Sam about the play calling decisions. He responded, "We just run what coach sends in." 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

the announcers telling viewers that Sam went to the bench put the headphones on and asked if we were going to take the foot off the gas followed by him just not even letting the clock run down and running off the field and not coming back after halftime is pretty fucking indicative, but I also have no actual source. I wish he would have come and posted on surly though would have been golden.

That’s bullshit:

1) they showed a replay where it’s pretty clear he hurt his shoulder (on the sack)

2) we were going to try and score on the last possession until the penalty on the kick return negated decent field pos

3) nothing in Sam’s history dictates he would do this

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure feels like Sam has played hurt (shoulder, ribs) a huge chunk of the year and finally had enough. I don’t blame him. He has a future to think about. 

Tom, the POS he is, probably encouraged all year to play hurt to save his job.  

Given the way he plays, I think Sam has definitely been playing with some sort of injury a lot of the time.  It probably has affected his passing (depending on the particular injury).  But why would Tom press him to play given what we saw Casey do last night and what Herman has said they see Casey do consistently in practice?

Just now, Ron Swanson said:

Given the way he plays, I think Sam has definitely been playing with some sort of injury a lot of the time.  It probably has affected his passing (depending on the particular injury).  But why would Tom press him to play given what we saw Casey do last night and what Herman has said they see Casey do consistently in practice?

Sam has bled for the program.  It's definitely one thing dumbass Tom learned from Mack. 

51 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Yeah he was faking the injury, that’s really in his character. Oh also 911 never happened.

A sling is the thing when you're hurt on the wing 

And you've got nothin' to bring

Which is why you just need  to be going

Downtown

No finer place for sure, Downtown...

Edited by Cajun

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

I mean, I’m not gonna lie, I speculate that Sam also yelled at Herman and probably punched a wall which injured himself. 

but to say Casey wasn’t good or to even put him in the same sentence with Card last night is a complete joke. Casey went 8-10 for 170 and 4 TDs. Fuck off about the Dixon throw. It was completed, and not overthrown or extremely underthrown. He came in and torched the buffs. This shit about film showing Sam could make that throw..yeah I fucking hope so for a 4 year starter. I’ve also seen Sam miss guys 10 yards away so let’s just leave it at, Casey did a great job and show him the gratitude he deserves for sitting on the bench 3 years, not transferring and coming in when we needed him too. And fuck off to anyone that wants to take the position of Herman and act completely ignorant 

randy orton summerslam 06 GIF by WWE

I think Sam hurt his shoulder doing this to Herman at halftime.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Because Herman is a fucking moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

So there is no qb controversy when SE is healed or questioning the HC’s player decisions or both. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BB65 said:

So there is no qb controversy when SE is healed or questioning the HC’s player decisions or both. 

Yep.  The last thing Tom Herman, whose seat was/is the temperature of the sun, would or should want is a QB controversy. You bench an injured Sam after losing to TCU/OU and then we win out with Thompson and suddenly, you have to answer some really hard questions about your QB competition, why Sam was starting if Thompson was better, etc. 

Nick Saban can throw in his backup in the national championship game and win a title and no one bats an eye because he's an elite coach.  Tom Herman can't do the same without getting questions of why were Thompson and Bijan on the bench while Sam and Ingram/RoJo on the field losing games you should win.

13 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Exactly, I feel bad for Thompson after his first bad game. He will be called every name in the book and there still be shouts for the backup

what are you talking about? shouldn't we extrapolate this performance as what to expect from Thompson in every single game going forward in his career?

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Ehlinger ran off the field ASAP at halftime and Thompson is in. Wonder if there’s something going on there. Or if Thompson was always the plan for H2.

I noticed that.  It was odd for Sam.  Looking at the replay, he was shaking his shoulder a couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter after a tackle.  Wasn't a hard tackle, but people were on top of him.

Just now, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

this, he's not going to survive running it 20 times a game

he broke quarterbacks when he was at Ohio State, he broke Buschelle before he left, he's broke and concussed Sam numerous times

When you have to limit your RB to 10 carries per game, someone has to pick up the slack

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Fuck it - ending the year with a win is a good feeling.  Good vibes going into the offseason and I can walk into this aggy-infested office with a smile on my face today. Maybe we've got something with Thompson.

Hook 'Em and thank you, Sam!

And laugh when Mack Brown whips aggy again.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Got it. I thought that was another game they were referring to with the "are we gonna take our foot off the pedal" comment, and "let the coaches coach" retort.

Either way, I'm sure some words were exchanged. I personally like the punching wall or locker theory. 

They were definitely talking about another time, not tonight.

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

Ehrlinger and Herman have talked about him being banged up.  They were thankful for that off week.  It was clear late last season and most of this season he didn't have the "pop" he had earlier.  He runs a lot and takes a lot of hard hits.  He gets banged up in the season.

Even if he is the 12th QB in the draft, he should take the money and run.  He has the body for the pros, but it only can take so many hits.  He ought to get paid for it.

15 minutes ago, bullet said:

Fingers crossed, but he spent the first five minutes of the presser talking about "ops outs".  Every player on that team of note is opting out.  All their best players, and 'ol Mack is already baking in the excuse.

15 minutes ago, bullet said:

Fingers crossed, but he spent the first five minutes of the presser talking about "ops outs".  Every player on that team of note is opting out.  All their best players, and 'ol Mack is already baking in the excuse.

13 minutes ago, bullet said:

Ehrlinger and Herman have talked about him being banged up.  They were thankful for that off week.  It was clear late last season and most of this season he didn't have the "pop" he had earlier.  He runs a lot and takes a lot of hard hits.  He gets banged up in the season.

Even if he is the 12th QB in the draft, he should take the money and run.  He has the body for the pros, but it only can take so many hits.  He ought to get paid for it.

There are only about 12 QBs drafted each year, so there’s really no money to be had if he leaves now, which is why him coming back is a discussion right now 

23 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Proof Vince was an audible calling mofo? Did he audible much when we lost to OU 12-0?

I would guess college QBs follow the coaching lead.

I laugh when people think football is like the movies.

"Alright, Coach called a run, but fuck that. 5 wides, everyone deep. I didn't come to this school to be a pussy"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Prob mentioned many times that I’m just too lazy to search for.  What happen to Jake smith. Did he fuck Tom’s wife too?

He was out there a little bit and was engaging in the celebrations, so hopefully he’ll stick around. 

59 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
1 hour ago, EZ$ said:
He was out there a little bit and was engaging in the celebrations, so hopefully he’ll stick around. 

Pretty sure I saw him say "Put me in coach. I'm ready to play. Today."

"Look at me/   I could be/  the QB."  Rhymes and fits the subject matter better. 

just-kidding.jpg

just-kidding.jpg

just-kidding.jpg

just-kidding.jpg

My guess would be COVID, perhaps recently cleared but not necessarily in game shape, given he travelled. Or an undisclosed injury. Otherwise I’d expect a transfer bc him being a healthy scratch is unacceptable.

• immamac unfeatured this topic