A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Wat? Link?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-documents-jan-6-committee-b2009252.html

It appears that they have been retrieved.

And I saw something else about extensive use of burn bags.  

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-white-house-staffers-frequently-112833336.html

This guy has absolutely no respect for the office of the President, or for the country, for that matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Where does one buy burn bags in bulk?  Asking for a friend.  

Seems like kind of a big red flag, no?  You're some low level clerk at a government procurement warehouse in Northern Virginia.  Somebody comes in on a Friday afternoon after you've been slinging mousepads and coffee filters to Capitol staffers all day.  They ask for a gross of 144 burn bags. 

As you place the box over the counter, you ask, "Here you go, just need your approval code from Langley or Quantico or wherever.  And then sign right here." 

(looks at staffer badge and code)
"The White House?  Don't get you many of you guys stopping by here.  Have a nice weekend, I guess?" 

Edited by Lobo

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-documents-jan-6-committee-b2009252.html
It appears that they have been retrieved.
And I saw something else about extensive use of burn bags.  
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-white-house-staffers-frequently-112833336.html
This guy has absolutely no respect for the office of the President, or for the country, for that matter.

It’s always worse than we thought. Always.
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You would think that other than maybe the Supreme Court chief justice that a sitting US president would probably have access to the best advisers, scholars and experts in terms of what the US Constitution allows and doesn’t allow when it comes to our elections.  But leave it to Trump and his followers to enlist the constitutional expertise of people probably not qualified to teach seventh grade civics.  There’s a lot of ambiguity particularly in article 2 In our founding documents.  But the shit about federal elections for POTUS and the associated calendar and logistics are pretty fucking clear and they’re almost entirely ceremonial.  There’s more room for voting interpretation in a dancing with the stars episode then there is with the way our electoral college works

14 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

A bag where you put documents that are to be burned.  The bag is then transferred someplace with an incinerator and burned securely. 

That's probably what happened to all the evidence of election fraud they keep talking about.  Someone put it in the wrong bag and burned it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's probably what happened to all the evidence of election fraud they keep talking about.  Someone put it in the wrong bag and burned it.

That would explain it. Man, I bet whichever of his sons accidentally burned the piles of evidence got in really big trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Trump:  Well, folks, we ran a good race.  We fought the fight.  We had our time.  I thank you all. But, duty -- and frankly my unending love for this nation -- requires us to turn the reins over to Mr. Biden now.

Snake Oil Salesman: Actually, you aren't going to believe this, but you might still be president.

Trump: This is surprising to learn, believable, and not at all what you were hired to tell me in the first place.  What does the law require?  I must fulfill my oath!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

You would think that other than maybe the Supreme Court chief justice that a sitting US president would probably have access to the best advisers, scholars and experts in terms of what the US Constitution allows and doesn’t allow when it comes to our elections.  But leave it to Trump and his followers to enlist the constitutional expertise of people probably not qualified to teach seventh grade civics.  

B's hire C's, or in this case, C's hire F's.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I was picturing Keegan-Michael Key in that stupid movie "Why Him?"  Dumb, even for drunken hotel room viewing fodder on a business trip, but he was hilarious in it.  

At the end when he's in a confused shouting conversation over walkie-talkies with James Franco who is trying to say "No go on the doves." 

"I'm confused...are you saying 'No!  Go for the doves!?!?' or are you saying "No go for the dove release!?!?"

Donald (over choppy mobile reception), "No go for the burn bag, Eric!" 

Eric, "Dad, you know I'm slow.  Are you saying you want me to go and burn the bags or it's a no-go on burning all this official looking paperwork?"  

Fucking keystone cops were running this country.  Even if you voted for him and support him to this day, you have to stop and just acknowledge that as an organization---they are deeply dysfunctional.  Lots of institutions I love are run like shit, nothing wrong with laughing at the madness behind the method.  

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I love that Team Trump didn’t shred the documents, hide them in an anonymous storage facility, take them overseas, or keep them at a law office where confidentiality could be reasonably declared.  Nope morons packed it all up in a box labeled “important” and dropped it next to the mini bar at Mar-a-Lago suite.  

Adult Swim Wtf GIF by Augenblick Studios

When historians write of the fall of the US republic, Comey will

play a leading part in the t-rage-dy.

May his family line be be nuked from space and the ashes salted.

When one party’s presidents repeatedly need pardons “to heal the country,” perhaps ripping out the cancer is the best solution, long term.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Comey can get fucked BUT 

That could be an epic troll by Biden. Trump would lose what’s left of his mind

When the hangmen's assistants cut Trump's body down, we can begin healing.  Seriously, is there a bigger attention whore than Comey?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, what do you know . . . 

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

prev | next
(a)
Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Well, what do you know . . . 

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

prev | next
(a)
Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

The funny thing is, that was a legitimate point to be made in considering Hillary's destruction of emails that, because they were sent in the course and scope of her role as SOS, were gov't records.  

If some of y'all recall way back in history to 2016 and before, it's a point many of the lawdogs made around here (I know that GOLL and I did).  Those records belong to the United States.  An individual destroying them, whether they are electronic or paper, is breaking the law and a key public trust.

The irony of team Dotard blatantly and shamelessly doing what they wanted to "lock her up" for?  Priceless.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Anyone know if this esteemed legal opinion is true or not?

True.  But no idea what this has to do with Pelosi.  Section 18 of the US Code is criminal.  Until the DOJ goes after him and he's convicted this is meaningless.  Unless Pelosi wants to start a third impeachment proceeding.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The funny thing is, that was a legitimate point to be made in considering Hillary's destruction of emails that, because they were sent in the course and scope of her role as SOS, were gov't records.  

If some of y'all recall way back in history to 2016 and before, it's a point many of the lawdogs made around here (I know that GOLL and I did).  Those records belong to the United States.  An individual destroying them, whether they are electronic or paper, is breaking the law and a key public trust.

The irony of team Dotard blatantly and shamelessly doing what they wanted to "lock her up" for?  Priceless.

are you saying you're old enough to remember when the gop was being hypocritical about something?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

He was about to say the name of the latest law firm he’s hired, on condition of no payment, to battle the corrupt system and election stolen from him.  And once again, in a shock to the legal world, this random mid-level estate planning law firm off the Jersey turnpike will go 0-7 in lawsuit filings.  

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

When the hangmen's assistants cut Trump's body down, we can begin healing.  Seriously, is there a bigger attention whore than Comey?

Interviewing Trump’s translator in Helsinki is long overdue. We know he’s hiding something. My guess is that it’s instructions at worst and manipulation at best. 

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

I love that Team Trump didn’t shred the documents, hide them in an anonymous storage facility, take them overseas, or keep them at a law office where confidentiality could be reasonably declared.  Nope morons packed it all up in a box labeled “important” and dropped it next to the mini bar at Mar-a-Lago suite.  

He did tear up documents, some of which had to be reconstructed. Others are beyond repair. Trump is beelzebub.

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

True.  But no idea what this has to do with Pelosi.  Section 18 of the US Code is criminal.  Until the DOJ goes after him and he's convicted this is meaningless.  Unless Pelosi wants to start a third impeachment proceeding.

Lousy tweet.

Only the "custodian" of the document(s) who willfully destroys same is barred from office.

Someone other than Trump would have been the custodian, I'm quite sure.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

what the fucking fuck?

Trump, "When there was no big mac, we ate taco salad.

When there was no taco salad, we ate well done steaks with ketchup.

When there were no well done steaks with ketchup, we ate documents."

Cellmate, "You ate what?"

Trump, "We ate documents!" 

Cellmate, "You ate documents?"  

Edited by Lobo

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement